Son stabs mother with steak knife several times (UPDATE)

rabbitt

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
UPDATE
[size=+2]Teen accused of stabbing mother to stay in detention center[/size]
By Ed Meyer
Beacon Journal staff writer
The teenager accused of stabbing his mother last month will remain in the Summit County juvenile detention center until court officials find a secure facility to treat his special needs.

That was the outcome of a hearing this morning before Judge Linda Tucci Teodosio.

Zachary Hicks, a 17-year-old Coventry High School student, was charged with attempted murder and misdemeanor domestic violence in connection with the May 30 incident at the family's home on Rood Drive.

His mother, Kari Hicks, 41, was at his side in the courtroom, along with her husband, other family members and the youth's lawyer, Ronald T. Gatts.

Gatts said the mother was ``doing well.'' Immediately after the incident, she was taken to Akron General Medical Center with stab wounds to the torso, Summit County Sheriff's officials said.

Sheriff's attorney Christine Croce said the stabbing occurred about noon after Hicks came home from school. She said the boy stabbed his mother in the kitchen with a steak knife.

At today's hearing, Teodosio turned down a request from Gatts to have Hicks transferred from the detention center on Dan Street to one of two undisclosed treatment centers for his special needs.

Gatts said the family did not wish to comment about specific details of the teenager's needs, or the alleged stabbing incident.

The judge said she turned down the request because neither facility has lockdown procedures. If a secure facility can be found, the judge said, she would reconsider transferring Hicks.

The next hearing in the case was scheduled for 8 a.m. June 19.

[quote name='Original Post']This guy goes to my school. In fact, was in my Stats class this year.

1st Link

2nd link
*Change Copley High School with Coventry High School
*Also, both articles spell his mom's name a different way.

MySpace[/quote]

[quote name='rabbitt']This guy goes to my school. In fact, was in my Stats class this year.

1st Link

2nd link
*Change Copley High School with Coventry High School
*Also, both articles spell his mom's name a different way.

MySpace[/quote]
Are you on his friend's list for myspace?

If so, I think a comment is long overdue...A funny one at that.

[quote name='Ugamer_X']Are you on his friend's list for myspace?

If so, I think a comment is long overdue...A funny one at that.[/quote]

"Man, I wasn't ready for that exam today, were you? Nah, I gave her a good stab nonetheless. Here's hoping that with the grading curve, I can make the cut."

lmaodata.gif

[quote name='Ugamer_X']Are you on his friend's list for myspace?

If so, I think a comment is long overdue...A funny one at that.[/QUOTE]

No, I'm not on MySpace. Although I think I'll make one soon, I don't want to get on his bad side.

I think Dane Cook knows a little something about cutting...

[quote name='rabbitt']No, I'm not on MySpace. Although I think I'll make one soon, I don't want to get on his bad side.

I think Dane Cook knows a little something about cutting...[/quote]
I wouldn't worry about getting on his bad side. He'll be tried as an adult and you won't see him for a few years.

[quote name='rabbitt']I think Dane Cook knows a little something about cutting...[/QUOTE]
"Who's cut now?"

[quote name='jalu6']Now I'm dissapointed. This isn't a picture of him stabbing anyone.[/quote]
Sure it was with a steak knife and not that huge schnoz?

[quote name='jalu6']Now I'm dissapointed. This isn't a picture of him stabbing anyone.[/quote]

Haha, that's exactly what I thought when I first saw the title, I was looking for the aftermath or something. Maybe I'm just a sick bastard.

Right. Although this does remind me why I hate teenagers so much. I'm pretty sure I'd even kick my teenage self square in the balls if I can get my time machine working... god damn flux capacitor...

Insane. Here comes his karma-

To stab, you will be stabbed (and not by a knife and it won't be near his chest). Enjoy jail buddy.

antelope_humping_zebra.jpg

"...we're not going to white collar resort prison. No, no, no. We're going to Federal 'Pound me in the Ass' prison!"

It is possible for him to get out of all of this. Although his mom is in critical condition, she has not died. And he does not have a completely stable mind.

WTF?! He likes Linkin Park, but before they "sold out". So in other words, hed prefer them to still be called Hybrid Theory and toiling away in bars for like 50 bucks a person...

[quote name='rabbitt']It is possible for him to get out of all of this. Although his mom is in critical condition, she has not died. And he does not have a completely stable mind.[/QUOTE]

If she makes it then it really depends on how the prosecutor wants to handle it. If she ends up dying he's going to be pretty much done.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']If she makes it then it really depends on how the prosecutor wants to handle it. If she ends up dying he's going to be pretty much done.[/QUOTE]

Yep, that's what I've been saying. He had a 4.0 GPA all through high school up until last week, so I don't know how they're going to go about his senior year...

[quote name='thebob101']Insane. Here comes his karma-

To stab, you will be stabbed (and not by a knife and it won't be near his chest). Enjoy jail buddy.

antelope_humping_zebra.jpg
[/quote]

That would make an awesome hybrid.

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']She probably served him a 16-spice steak...

"Not as good, mum, not as good! Back to the drawing board!"

Hilarity ensues.[/quote]
:rofl: :applause:

No, this kid is fucked. Even if he does get off on an insanity plee (which is doubtful), those are still no fucking picnic. They may make him join the army due to the fact that he had a 4.0 and obviously has some, "Moral Flexibility," a la Grosse Pointe Blank. Although I hate comparing that douche to that great movie.

Naw, I just hope he gets fucked.

Think about it, his mom will live in fear of her son for the rest of her life. Even if they make up, it will still be in the back of her mind and she'll never have any sort of sharp object in the same room as him. Where does a parent go from there?

[quote name='rabbitt']He is entering a plea today so I will keep everyone updated as I find out what's going on.[/quote]
Has anyone that you know talked to him about it?

[quote name='GuyWithGun']Has anyone that you know talked to him about it?[/QUOTE]

A couple friends of mine wrote him letters, just for him to read while he sits in a cell alone. But other than that, I don't think so.

I wish I had a recording of the 911 call where he tells the operator that he woudn't normally do something like that.

Oh and by the way, his mom came home from the hospitol a couple days ago.

[quote name='rabbitt']A couple friends of mine wrote him letters, just for him to read while he sits in a cell alone. But other than that, I don't think so.

I wish I had a recording of the 911 call where he tells the operator that he woudn't normally do something like that.

Oh and by the way, his mom came home from the hospitol a couple days ago.[/quote]
Anyone know any details on what happened yet? As to why he flipped out?

What did he plead?

[quote name='GuyWithGun']Anyone know any details on what happened yet? As to why he flipped out?

What did he plead?[/QUOTE]

I guess he just got into an argument with his mom and stabbed her. Here is the latest news article I found. I'll update the OP with it.

[size=+2]Teen accused of stabbing mother to stay in detention center[/size]
By Ed Meyer
Beacon Journal staff writer
The teenager accused of stabbing his mother last month will remain in the Summit County juvenile detention center until court officials find a secure facility to treat his special needs.

That was the outcome of a hearing this morning before Judge Linda Tucci Teodosio.

Zachary Hicks, a 17-year-old Coventry High School student, was charged with attempted murder and misdemeanor domestic violence in connection with the May 30 incident at the family's home on Rood Drive.

His mother, Kari Hicks, 41, was at his side in the courtroom, along with her husband, other family members and the youth's lawyer, Ronald T. Gatts.

Gatts said the mother was ``doing well.'' Immediately after the incident, she was taken to Akron General Medical Center with stab wounds to the torso, Summit County Sheriff's officials said.

Sheriff's attorney Christine Croce said the stabbing occurred about noon after Hicks came home from school. She said the boy stabbed his mother in the kitchen with a steak knife.

At today's hearing, Teodosio turned down a request from Gatts to have Hicks transferred from the detention center on Dan Street to one of two undisclosed treatment centers for his special needs.

Gatts said the family did not wish to comment about specific details of the teenager's needs, or the alleged stabbing incident.

The judge said she turned down the request because neither facility has lockdown procedures. If a secure facility can be found, the judge said, she would reconsider transferring Hicks.

The next hearing in the case was scheduled for 8 a.m. June 19.

At least we know he didn't play violent videogames. His mother is lucky all she got was a stabbing. If he had a PS2, she'd have been shot in the face.

Where's Wacko Jacko on this one for the videogame connection?

[quote name='jer7583']At least we know he didn't play violent videogames. His mother is lucky all she got was a stabbing. If he had a PS2, she'd have been shot in the face.

Where's Wacko Jacko on this one for the videogame connection?[/quote]
Or, nothing would have happened because he would have had another outlet to vent his frustration.

bread's done
Back