Xyanide (Xbox) $19.99 Pre-order Ebgames/Gamestop

is 20 bucks the MSRP ?

I hope it's good, it looks like the last days of the xbox will be like the last days of the DC where there are a few final releases that are cheap and good.

Xyanide is actually somewhat similar to the old game Novastorm. The controls handle just like Hunter: The Reckoning where you aim where you want to shoot with the right analog stick and move with the left. I'm sure it will be tricky to adjust to at first but will work rather well once you get the hang of it.

This game is FREAK HARD. I don't think i ever ever beat this game but it's good to have for collection ;)

PS. I did given up Ikaruga

[quote name='Masterkyo']This game is FREAK HARD. I don't think i ever ever beat this game but it's good to have for collection ;)

PS. I did given up Ikaruga

Looks like the type of game that would be infinitely more successful as a Live Arcade game. But, for $20, can I say no?

I've been waiting on this title for ages as well and I hope it comes out eventually. I'll freak out the EB employees come Wednesday by putting some money down so a copy actually ships to the store.

$20 for a SHMUP...can't go wrong with that!

Thanks for the heads-up. I love a good shooter. I'll be pre-ordering, I don't imagine many retailers will be ordering niche titles for a dead console.

I'll be picking this up for sure. It seems that some of the best games for a console come out after theres a newer version of that console already out.

Damn, 8/14 now. I hope it comes out too. I have mine pre-ordered.

Hopefully it'll be backwards compatible on the 360 too.

[quote name='Odenat']Picked up my copy today at local EB can't wait to try it.[/QUOTE]
I'd like to hear your impressions.

[quote name='Chacrana']This looks... stupid.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for your opinion. Now isn't there a bridge you should be tending to?

[quote name='radjago']I'd like to hear your impressions.[/quote]
Ditto here.

According to my order status on GS.com, it's showing as backordered. :roll:

Let the fun begin.

The controls take some time to get used to but after the first hour of playing i'm getting the hang of it. I've been playing Ikaruga for the past 3 weeks so I keep trying to play it like that. So far it's pretty fun and pretty unique for a shmup.

What the hell is with Gamestop. Preordered 2 months ago and yet it's backordered. Maybe I should just pick it up B&M.

^ Good luck with that. Nobody around me had it instore today but others have been having luck finding it.

No GS/EB has this within 20 miles of me. At least they show they are getting more on the way. Pls post your thoughts on this game if you have it.

[quote name='Hoffgod']Hm... any free shipping codes? After the letdowns of Chaos Field and Nanostray, I could use a good SHMUP to give me a break from Ikaruga.[/QUOTE]
Also looking for a free shipping code for any of those. Then I would be all over this.

Amazon has free shipping on order of $25 or more, so you could fill it out with a $5 item and get free shipping. Family Video's shipping is only $0.99 and Overstock's is $1.40.

Hmm. I just ordered from Family Video, and I'm going to call and cancel my Gamestop order. I'll be out of town this weekend, so I hope they'll deliver it by Monday or Tuesday at the latest. Although it does say 5-10 business days for the .99c shipping, so I'm not getting my hopes up.

A hearty fuck you to GS, for having a game that was pre-ordered two months ago showing up as backordered? fuck that.

Time to put in a new order with Amazon, with my Prime trial, and save on tax, plus get 2-day trackable shipping.

[quote name='D. Monic']Great post. Thanks for all the direct links. Your lack of laziness is commendable.

I ordered from Overstock using the 12% off link (from this post) to save a couple of bucks. It was $18.30 after shipping.[/quote]
I cancelled my Amazon.com order, and ordered it from Overstock, since they said they had it in stock.

With the affiliate link from the post mentioned aboved, it was $18.38 shipped. However, when I questioned the "$1 shipping" for the item with their customer service, they pointed out that the $1 shipping wasn't for media items, like games. Said restriction was on the bottom of the main page and nowhere else, so I didn't notice it. Oddly enough, when I pointed out the fact that it wasn't that obvious, they credited back my shipping charge of $1.40. Total cost should end up being $16.98.

[quote name='shrike4242']A hearty fuck you to GS, for having a game that was pre-ordered two months ago showing up as backordered? fuck that.

Time to put in a new order with Amazon, with my Prime trial, and save on tax, plus get 2-day trackable shipping.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. GS always tries to get people to pre-order games, and if they're out of a new release I'm looking for, are quick to dish out the "well, you should've pre-ordered, then". fuck that, a lot of good the pre-order did me now, huh?

*sigh* My order is backordered yet GS says my order is too far into the shipping process to cancel. I already ordered another copy, guess I'll have to refuse delivery.

anyone know if Best Buy is planning on getting this? BB.com doesn't show it, but i don't mind waiting if i can pour a GGC on this.

and to whoever was talking about Nanostray, man.... i agree! i didn't expect much from it, but wow, it sucks. it's like a really bad Silpheed, which is saying a lot.

[quote name='KingDox']is 20 bucks the MSRP ?

I hope it's good, it looks like the last days of the xbox will be like the last days of the DC where there are a few final releases that are cheap and good.[/QUOTE]

I'd much rather have little of high quality then the derth of horrible licensed fodder the GBA has died under. Then again I'm one of those stalwarts with so much quality stuff left to get and play at a "Cheap Ass price" (patent pending) that I'm fine waiting until the premium 360's dropped to $200.

Hadn't heard about this since I've been paying attention more to quality older stuff then looking for new things but it sounds good. My cheap-assitude says wait and try and get it for $10 but considering it sounds like you guys aren't having a walk in the park getting it maybe I should just go ahead and pick it up before it turns into the second coming of Ikaruga.

[quote name='amusedtoe']...maybe I should just go ahead and pick it up before it turns into the second coming of Ikaruga.[/quote]
i don't think we have anything to worry about there.

[quote name='lord_ebonstone']This wouldn't happen to be backward compatible for the 360 out of the box, would it?[/QUOTE]
Hardly any Xbox game is ever BC out of the box. The emulator only plays games that are already on the list. I've only seen a few games be added to the list before their release.

Also Target is back in stock for anyone interested.

bread's done
Back