Best CG sequences

Ninja Gaiden - all of 'em

Parasite Eve - the first rat mutation & the horse carriage ride

Dead or Alive 3 - Any of the endings

Onimusha 2- Opening sequence (By far the most disturbing I've seen so far...)

Kingdom Hearts- Opening

FF7- Motorcycle chase

FF8- Intro movie

The FFIX ending was pretty good too, and since FFX was pretty much just one big CG I'll go with most anything from that too. I was also a fan of the bonus CG's from FFVI. Oh, and Chrono Cross had some good ones too.

The opening sequence to FFX-2. I know a lot of people didn't like it, and it was ridiculously cheesy, but that's what made it fun.

my mem card gettin deleted got me a little happy, now i have a reason to play through the games again and watch the Cg's

Warcraft III: Opening
Starcraft/Broodwar: Opening
FFX-2: Opening... too bad the rest of the game wasn't that good....

This is a hard one to call for me. All I have to say is that FFVII: Advent Children will likely destroy everything we once knew about CG graphics.

Suteki da ne in FFX
1000 Words in FFX-2 (except the jerky-ass added scene with Lenne and Yuna singing together, it would have been excellent if it wasn't so stilted)
FFIX ending
FF8 ending scenes (both credit party scene and regular ending)
FF8 dance scene
Shadow Hearts II (or Shadow Hearts: Covenant) opening scene- fucking sweet, you guys will be amazed when it comes out here!

Sorry for all the FFs, it just came out that way and wasn't intentional.

My favorites were either the Beginning of FFVIII or the ending of FFVII. FFVII was pretty good CG animation considering how old the game was.

Ummm... Wing Commander III, when I finally smoked the Kilrathi Homeworld.

Some of the Xenogears cutscenes

Ahh hell I can't think of anymore.. damned hangover

[quote name='"captainofindustry"'][quote name='DMFunk']
Starcraft/Broodwar: Opening
quote]

Good one... and Brave Fencer Musashi owned.[/quote]

NICE! finally somone else in the world that actually played the damn game!

Great subject!

1st nod: REmake (GC) opening intro to set the mood and stage.
2nd nod: RE Zero (GC) opening intro to set events into action. Close tie-in with REmake.

A lot of the in-game CGs in RE, REmake and Zero, have high production values.

Oni 3 opening cut scene left my jaw hanging
Final Fantasy 9 stuck out for some reason also
Metal Gear Solid 2 (the whole game)

Chrono Cross had a lot of good ones, especially the endings. And I don't know why but the CG scene whene Surge and Lynx both grab the Frozen Flame was very cool.... hell I loved everything in that game so I'd have to say everyone from that one.

I also have to agree with the opening to FFVIII,, awesome. There's was also this one cutscene where they finally learn that the garden can fly and they are attacked by another one/thing. I don't remember that one so much but it sticks out in my mind.

the cutscenes in Parasite Eve 1 are absolutely gorgeous. NOt to mention amazing. that one with the rat totally freaked me out the first time I saw it.

the opening too kingdom hearts and the special ending were tight, hmmm, the FF7 ending of course...im sure their are a few more.....

FFX when the party shows up to defeat Sin, Sin seeing this simply lets loose an attack that crushes mountains and evaporates water on contact. But yeah the game was full of cool scenes.

In terms of quality and graphical impressiveness, the two easy winners from this generation are any and all FMV's from Ninja Gaiden, and most major FMV's from FF X-2. Both just scream capability, whether you like them or not.

Onimusha 3's intro. rocked, so that has to be considered as well, but my favorites will always be in FF VIII (intro., some in between, and ending). Not sure why.

Drakengard - Opening movie. And without spoiling.. the man v. man and dragon v. dragon battle cutscene. (actually most of the cutscenes from this game are excellent.. Square at work again)
FFx-2 - The opening concert scene.
Warcraft III opening
Heroes of Might and Magic III - Second campaign opener.

[quote name='zewone']Onimusha 3's opening scene was so shaq-fuing sweet. I haven't seen a good CG like that in a long time.[/quote]

I second that, I could've sworn it was a movie if I wasn't holding a controller in my hand.

Any of the CGs that occur during Grandia 2 during battles, I love the way that they switch from anime sequences back to 3D enemies. The spells are fucking awesome, too. Also, some of the CGs during the game are sweet, too.

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']Aerith's death and "burial" in FFVII.[/quote]

Yea, those scenes mark the only time I ever cried from a game.

Silent Hill had some damn freaky cut scenes.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin'][quote name='Mr. Anderson']Aerith's death and "burial" in FFVII.[/quote]

Yea, those scenes mark the only time I ever cried from a game.[/quote]

Tell it.

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']Aerith's death and "burial" in FFVII.[/quote]

Aerith DIES?!!

NOOOOOOO!!!!!!1111

Anyways, I'd have to say the opening sequences to Xenogears and DOAX :wink: were both very good.

[quote name='kaw']
Aerith DIES?!!

NOOOOOOO!!!!!!1111
[/quote]

:rofl:

On topic, there are just so many great CG sequences - a lot of them have already been named.

-The secret ending to Kingdom Hearts (esp. the one off Final Mix). The part in the FM ending where Hooded Figure 1 flings the keyblade and Hooded Figure 2 catches it and jumps off the building, as they pass each other - awesome

-The intro movie to Chrono Cross

-The FF8 intro. Also, the scene in space w/Rinoa. My heart almost dropped outta my chest.

-The FFX ending, the sending on top of the airship.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head.

And DMFunk, I've played Brave Fencer Musashi too. I love that game. Got my copy off my friend for 3 bucks. Best 3 bucks I probably spent.

Most of the FF CG scenes are great. I remember when my dad bought me FF7 I kept showing him the motorcycle scene cuz it was the coolest thing I had ever seen at the time.

[quote name='Michaellvortega']Soul Blade by Namco the intro was great.[/quote]
I was gonna say the same thing. That was a spine-tingler back in the day - hasn't aged so well though.
FFVIII Chocobo Waltz
FFX ending
Fatal Frame - any of them with lights off is good, with the black and white sequences.
Tekken is usually pretty good. Tekken Tag and 4 intros in particular. Kazuya's bad ass.

[quote name='ykryptonite13'][quote name='Michaellvortega']Soul Blade by Namco the intro was great.[/quote]
I was gonna say the same thing. That was a spine-tingler back in the day - hasn't aged so well though.
FFVIII Chocobo Waltz
FFX ending
Fatal Frame - any of them with lights off is good, with the black and white sequences.
Tekken is usually pretty good. Tekken Tag and 4 intros in particular. Kazuya's bad ass.[/quote]

Tekken Tag's kicked asssssssssssssssssssssssss.

Believe it or not, the cutscenes in Futurama the game (XBOX version here) are pretty damn amazing and HILARIOUS.

The game's a lot better than you'd think. And its a really entertaining story.

the whole opening of onimusha 3 was kick ass
and pretty much every moment of ffx where once one of my friends saw me play this and he thought i was watching a movie

bread's done
Back