Mario shoots Mike Tyson? Urban Legend?

chosen1s

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
When I was in grade school, kids SWORE if you hit the start button at exactly 1:30 during the second round of Mike Tyson's Punchout, Mario would come out with a gun and shoot him (At the time, it seemed like the only possible way anybody could ever beat Tyson). Others said he would come out and knock him out or just declare you the winner. Naturally, I tried it to no avail.

I didn't think about it again for at least 10 years, when I was talking over old games with my roommate in College. He grew up in El Paso, TX which is as far West in Texas as you can get. I grew up in Tyler, TX, which is almost to the Eastern border of Texas. Somehow Tyson came up, and to my complete amazement the same Legend had been circulated around his school when he grew up as well. Now Texas is a pretty big state and that's quite a distance.

So I'm curious. Did anybody else ever hear this tale growing up and if so, where in the country did you grow up/hear about it?

[quote name='CaptainObviousXl']i dout it cause the system couldnt tell time[/quote]

1:30 left in the second round, not 1:30 a.m./p.m.

Never heard this one but it reminds me of the "Sonya fights naked" code for mortal kombat 1. Everyone swore it existed, but no one could ever quite do it right of course...

Anyone else remember all of the fake cheat codes for NBA Jam? How about the made up Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat characters? The hundreds of methods to catch Mew in Pokémon? Luigi in Super Mario 64? There's always that infamous "Nude Lara" cheat code too...

These things just don't exist...until someone hacks the game and makes them. :D

The "nude raider" hacks have been around for ages... and they suck. I hear the nude MK fighter busness too but thankfully because I had common sense I didnt beleive it.

I never heard the Mario shooting Tyson urban Rumor but I DO remember the old Sheng Long Story about beatins Street fighter 2 CE with all perfect victories.

Well, there was the Samus "naked" cheat in Smash Brothers that was correct (sort-of), and the hand-cuff Guile trick in Street Fighter 2 was also legit. I was able to make both of those work, as well as the NBA Jam tank-game freebie that was bizarre and impossible at the same time.

Yeah, I fell for the Luigi in Mario 64 as well and never was able to find the guy.

I'm disappointed though, nobody ever heard the rumor about Mario shooting Tyson in the NES game?

Nope, but a midget killed himself on the set of the wizard of oz and you can see him in the background at one point.

IT ISNT TRUE?!?!? DAMNIT

well, the "Mikey likes it" kid from the life cereal commercials died after eating pop-rocks and drinking soda at the same time.

[quote name='grayghost81']IT ISNT TRUE?!?!? DAMNIT

well, the "Mikey likes it" kid from the life cereal commercials died after eating pop-rocks and drinking soda at the same time.[/quote]

lol that isn't true!

You can't die from eating pop rocks and drinking soda. :)

THAT ISNT TRUE EITHER?!?!?

well, Life Savers candy was so named because its inventor's daughter died from choking on a non-holed mint.

No, they were shaped because they look like a life-saver you monkey bubble.

edit-What the HELL is a monkey bubble?

I love how you are just saying all the urban legends, and some people think you mean them. Pop Rocks and soda, a classic. I didn't know about the life saver one though.

Anyone hear the old rumor for super mario brothers 1. If you jump over the flagpole, the princess would kiss you. It drove me crazy until I got the game genie and actually did it. All that happens is the board continues forever and you die when time runs out

Looking at all of the posts in this topic by grayghost81 - and their responses - I've come to a conclusion...

Most of you guys SUCK at picking up sarcasm, don't you? :D

Actually that is not a midget in the background of The Wizard of Oz, get the dvd or a new vhs with a good tv and you can make out it is some sort of bird thingy.

[quote name='Gothic_Walrus']Looking at all of the posts in this topic by grayghost81 - and their responses - I've come to a conclusion...

Most of you guys SUCK at picking up sarcasm, don't you? :D[/quote]
Hey I got them, which is reflected on my post :) He was just telling us old urban legends...I mean it was pretty obvious

[quote name='Ben_F']Actually that is not a midget in the background of The Wizard of Oz, get the dvd or a new vhs with a good tv and you can make out it is some sort of bird thingy.[/quote]

Hey the Wizard of Oz thing is true, the story is it was her( main characters) boyfriend hung himself on the background of the set becuz she dumped him and shit. If u know anyone with like the first versions of the VHS film get it and take a look its really a dude and u can tell. No one noticed it for a while but then someone did and they took it out of all the films they curently make of W-o-O.

Also did anyone hear about the hidden character SHAQ in NBA JAM when it first came out these older kids said to me and my friends that it u goal tend the oppenents every shot for 3 quarters SHAQ will rip threw the backround and u could be him as a hidden charater. Has anyone heard that!!

I remember kids talking about "World -1" in Super Mario Brothers and thinking they were full of crap until I actually saw it done.

This thread is great.

So what about the urban legend (I hadnt heard until the last 5 years or so) that if you drink milk and eat pickles it will kill you?

The pop rocks was a classic myth/legend....

And I tried and tried to jump the flagpole in Mario Bors...

Hav yet to play Mario 64 though so I will have to look for Luigi when i get to it. :lol:

[quote name='Snake2715']So what about the urban legend (I hadnt heard until the last 5 years or so) that if you drink milk and eat pickles it will kill you?

[/quote]

well it wont kill you, but it will f-up your stomach (temporarily). trust me on this one.

I live in North Texas, and I never heard of Mario shooting Mike or anything of the sort.

The -1 world in Mario and those secret worlds in Metroid were great screw-ups to find. Don't seem to be mistakes of that magnitude found in games anymore. Maybe it's just because we don't play games over and over again any more. Too many to choose from!

I still dont believe it , it was no munchkin it was a real person...u could see the rope and nothing was touching the ground so it couldnt of been a bird maybe a crane like they say but it a conspiricy lol wrong spelling but u know what i mean

Also i watched the scene they had on the website u put up and thats not the part im not sure exactely when it was but ill have to go to this girls house and check it out again ... i will get back to u though

Be sure to watch Ben Hur over there too where the guy dies in the chariot race. Oh, and Three Men and a Baby to see the boy's ghost.

Anyone ever here about sexually explicit material in disney movies. I heard Aladdin and the Little Mermaid had stuff hidden in scenes.

It is physically impossible to drink a gallon of milk in one sitting without Throwing-up.
One sitting means , no 2 minute breaks in between glasses . And it also means with out cookies or cake or cereal. Straight milk. Try it. but not on your moms carpet.

[quote name='peteh555']Anyone ever here about sexually explicit material in disney movies. I heard Aladdin and the Little Mermaid had stuff hidden in scenes.[/quote]
THats true. In an adventure movie with 2 mice and a bird (dont remember the name) they fly past a whore house and a strip club. No joke!!

[quote name='CaptainObviousXl'][quote name='peteh555']Anyone ever here about sexually explicit material in disney movies. I heard Aladdin and the Little Mermaid had stuff hidden in scenes.[/quote]
THats true. In an adventure movie with 2 mice and a bird (dont remember the name) they fly past a whore house and a strip club. No joke!![/quote]

The Rescuers! Old movie... I never noticed they flew past that, then again I was probably too young to understand :lol:

Lion King = When Older Simba slumps down on some leaves they whirl into the air and spell "sex" if you freezeframe it.

Little Mermaid = During the wedding with Eric and Ursula, the priest gets a little "happy", can't remember the exact point it occurs.

Aladdin = Doesn't he mutter something inappropriate? I haven't confirmed this one, personally.

Ok, looks like we need to clear some things up here.

The Little Mermaid: Yes, the wedding scene can look bad if you want to use your imagination. But, this is well documented (as is the "dead munchkin") and the movement under his robe is the Priest's KNEE. Watch it for yourself.

The Rescuers - In the original DVD release, there are 2 frames that have a topless (real) woman in a window when the mice fly by a building on the bird. It is impossible to see without going frame-by-frame. They quickly recalled and then re-released the movie correctly. If memory serves me, this was in the original theatrical release as well, and they didn't catch it until the DVD release.

Aladdin - He's supposedly saying "Good Teenagers...Take off your clothes". However, it seems pretty obvious they made a poor editing error. Here's the link for the whole story:
http://www.snopes.com/disney/films/aladdin.htm#paul

Samus Naked - In the N64 Smash Brothers, if you pause the game while Samus is being shocked (Using Fox and bouncing Samus' shot back at her works nicely) you can see her "naked". Really, she is completely flesh-colored and if you're looking to get your jollies you'll probably want to go elsewhere. But it makes for a neat party trick.

Seriously, the munchkin thing in the Wizard of Oz is well documented like the guy mentioned before. I'm sorry, it just didn't happen.

Now, the exploding whale, my friends. Yes, that did happen. One of the funniest things I have ever seen.

[quote name='chosen1s']
The Little Mermaid: Yes, the wedding scene can look bad if you want to use your imagination. But, this is well documented (as is the "dead munchkin") and the movement under his robe is the Priest's KNEE. Watch it for yourself.
[/quote]

It's still pretty funny though... :lol:

Dude i really dont believe any of those snopes shit i know what i saw and i did see that penis on the castle on the lil mermaid cover....it might have been a mistake but its there ..... and that snopes thing is just trying to cover up all the wrong stuff film makers and other ppl are doing wrong lol

[quote name='m_d_amore']I also think the cover art for mermaid had a penis as one of the castles columns[/quote]
yea it does its on a link in here i think

bread's done
Back