Do Gamestore Workers REALLY Believe their Ebay claims?

chosen1s

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
I posted a similar question several months ago and the question was not answered because people got sidetracked. Several months later, the phenomena continues over and over. Here's the story in a nutshell, beginning with me at (fill in the blank: EB Games, Gamestop, Game Crazy):

Me: "Haven't seen Phantasy Star for Gameboy in a while. I wonder if it's rare"
Gamestore guy: "Yeah, I've only seen one in my life. That sucker goes for $40 used on Ebay all the time."

---At this moment I'm thinking "$40 sounds a little high for Ebay, maybe this guy knows something I don't" but before I get a word out he goes on...---

Gamestore guy: "It's awesome. All three original Phantasy Stars are included, but if you went and tried to buy all three original Genesis games on Ebay you'd have to pay AT LEAST $150 for them.

Me: **Stunned Silence**

This happens over and over again. Gamestore clerks SWEAR that Secret of Mana is worth $100+ on Ebay used ("And that's not even if you have the box and instructions with it" they say). Were it not so widespread, I would write it off as somebody being mis-informed or exaggerating, but it happens SO often that I can't just write it off as a one-time incident.

Does this happen to you at video game stores?
Do you know somebody who does this?
If so, do they know they're misleading you or are they REALLY that misinformed?
Do Managers tell their employees to lie about Ebay to get sales?[/b]

Does this happen to you at video game stores? nope
Do you know somebody who does this? that's another no

i guess i'm one of the lucky ones... i haven't had a single problem with an employee at an eb, gamestop, or gamecrazy.

All I know is that I'm not a stupid fuckoff like one of the poeple you're describing. Maybe you should start shopping at Gamecrazy ;)

Edit: Oh, wait a minute. fuck.

Ive never seen any employee at a local gamestore claim that a game sold for tons of money on ebay, but I suppose it would help sell games.

the workers at the ebs and gs's that i go to dont normally know shit about games...and thats very surprising to me...and for the most part, they're big time fan boys....they sit there and talk loudly to themselves how they hate the ps2 and it sucks and the games suck and the ppl who buy the ps2 are retarded and blah blah blah...meanwhile, im looking at the ps2 games that they have....this happens quite often, yesterday was the most recent...

Well a couple months ago the secret of mana I had sold on half.com for 48 and it was just the cartridge. So yes certain rare games do sell for that much. I did a completed items search for secret before i posted mine for sale mine on Ebay and complete versions of it do sell for 90-120 dollers beleive it or not. Makes me wish I had kept the boxes and maps to Secret, Final Fantasy 2 ,3, and Secret of Evermore back when I orignally bought them. :cry: But ohh well I still made more then I bought it for.

[quote name='BigNick']I dont go to them usually, and when I have to, I avoid talking to the workers.[/quote]

WORD

Last time I had to enter my local EB the sales lady asked me if I was "sure" I didn't want anything else like 100 times. You'd think after the first few "no's" she would get the picture.

[quote name='chosen1s']Gamestore guy: "It's awesome. All three original Phantasy Stars are included, but if you went and tried to buy all three original Genesis games on Ebay you'd have to pay AT LEAST $150 for them.

b][/quote]

I've seen a Mega Drive remake of Phantasy Star 1 going for $100+ on ebay. It surprised me because I never knew they had a 16-bit PS1 in Japan (assuming it wasn't a bootleg).

[quote name='Scrubking'][quote name='BigNick']I dont go to them usually, and when I have to, I avoid talking to the workers.[/quote]

WORD

Last time I had to enter my local EB the sales lady asked me if I was "sure" I didn't want anything else like 100 times. You'd think after the first few "no's" she would get the picture.[/quote]

I think she was hitting on you. You should have said: "Yes, I'll take a sloppy blowjob with my copy of Mary Kate and Ashley turn 16."

bread's done
Back