I. Q. Mania & Xi (Devil Dice/Bombastic) Coliseum?

They "might" not come here. PQ didn't do well in sales in the US and not a lot of people know about bombastic.

I would like to get them on the US version though. So there's always hope.

Do they really need to be in English though? I don't remember Bombastic having a ton of English.

Is Xi Coliseum a new game, or a fusion between Devil Dice / Bombastic?

[quote name='Roufuss']Do they really need to be in English though? I don't remember Bombastic having a ton of English.

Is Xi Coliseum a new game, or a fusion between Devil Dice / Bombastic?[/QUOTE]

Devil Dice/Bombastic were the same game (well, Bombastic was just a sequel), but I'm not sure what the story is on Xi Coliseum. I agree though, I really don't need these to be in english to be able to play them. Two great games though that will definitely find their way to my PSP from whatever region they're released.

[quote name='shipwreck']Devil Dice/Bombastic were the same game (well, Bombastic was just a sequel), but I'm not sure what the story is on Xi Coliseum. I agree though, I really don't need these to be in english to be able to play them. Two great games though that will definitely find their way to my PSP from whatever region they're released.[/QUOTE]

I.Q Mania has already been released... no clue on Xi Coliseum though.

I'd love to take the chance on dumping I.Q for my PS One and picking this up instead.

IGN says:

The PSP game includes 100 ATTACK modes, plus I.Q, I.Q Final, and I.Q REMIX + stages -- over 7000 levels in total. Also features ad-hoc multiplayer play and a new "SURVIVAL" mode."

Apparently Xi Coliseum is out too but Play-Asia had no page for it.

Yeah, for a while, I was wondering if SCEI was going to have Shift make a new XI GO for PSP, since I felt the game is perfectly suited for PSP. I'd definitely get an English version of both, if they were ever released stateside, but I'll probably just import. I absolutely love Devil Dice/Bombastic and never bought IQ (although I played a demo).

I just hope Sony makes a new Parappa The Rapper for PSP, since I feel that's another franchise perfectly suited for PSP.

What's crazy is I could sell my originals and just pick it up for the PSP and probably still have some cash left over.

I feel puzzle games are better suited on portables anyways, but that's just me.

With no announcements of a US release three months after the games have hit, I think Sony is passing on both... I wonder if some US publisher will pick it up though.

[quote name='Roufuss']I.Q Mania has already been released... no clue on Xi Coliseum though.

I'd love to take the chance on dumping I.Q for my PS One and picking this up instead.

IGN says:

The PSP game includes 100 ATTACK modes, plus I.Q, I.Q Final, and I.Q REMIX + stages -- over 7000 levels in total. Also features ad-hoc multiplayer play and a new "SURVIVAL" mode."

Apparently Xi Coliseum is out too but Play-Asia had no page for it.[/QUOTE]

Okay, you just sold me on I.Q Mania. I have all three of those games for PS1, and having them all on one disc is just insane.

Just so I'm sure, I.Q. Mania is Intelligent Qube + sequels from the PS, but on the PSP?

Cuz if that's true, then screw trying to find the originals.

[quote name='shipwreck']Okay, you just sold me on I.Q Mania. I have all three of those games for PS1, and having them all on one disc is just insane.[/QUOTE]

Here's the full link from IGN, looked it up myself:

This full re-creation of the classic Intelligent Qube franchise features everything from the series so far as well as some new content. The PSP game includes 100 ATTACK modes, plus I.Q, I.Q Final, and I.Q REMIX + stages -- over 7000 levels in total. Also features ad-hoc multiplayer play and a new "SURVIVAL" mode.

As a bonus encouragement for playing with others, SCE has included a special feature that allows it to play in multiplayer with owners of this game as well as XI Coliseum and Bakufuu Sentai Bombermen (all three feature the multiplayer modes of each other.) In addition, there is a demo of the other two games and an extra set of multiplayer minigames (including a five-player bowling game plus Kunoichi Densetsu, Double Smash , N.U.M. and Party x Party x Party).

http://psp.ign.com/objects/792/792656.html

You could sell all three games on PS One and buy I.Q mania 3 times over probably ;)

[quote name='Roufuss']What's crazy is I could sell my originals and just pick it up for the PSP and probably still have some cash left over.

I feel puzzle games are better suited on portables anyways, but that's just me.

With no announcements of a US release three months after the games have hit, I think Sony is passing on both... I wonder if some US publisher will pick it up though.[/QUOTE]SCEA is kind of strange sometimes. From what I believe, they didn't release Ape Escape Academy in the U.S. until it was out in Japan for around a year. I doubt they'll release the games anyway, but who knows.

well we might not need sony to bring this over. Bombastic was release by capcom in the US. PQ was release by D3, who is also releasing WTF/Baito Hell 2000, another Sony Japan game.

Just to let you know. If you intend to get IQ mania, there is a couple of demo's you can play. One of which is devil dice/bombastic. I don't know if this was in the original but you can choose your avatar. Some choices are a little dog, polar bear and a basketball player.

Roufuss - I can agree with you on the puzzles on PSP thing. Of all the games I own, I tend to play more with IQ, Lumines and Taiko Drum (I know this isn't a puzzle but it's short, songwise).

I just hope I won't lose interest when VP:Lenneth comes out. Play for a few days then stop. This is what happened to me with Generation of Chaos.

bread's done
Back