Whats a good DS lite Carrying Case

mercilessming

CAGiversary!
Feedback
30 (100%)
I see the Intec Aluminum "Suit Case".... and the nintendo officialy case for fat ds, I assume they will release the same for the lite.

What are you guys useing for lite trips, I would like to protect my Ds lite just for bringing it to work for lunch time gameing, don't really see my self needing to have a case for carrying all the attachments and multiple games like the Intec case if for. I would really like an aluminum padded case that is not much bigger than the ds lite itself protect it from droppage if such a thing exist.

what do you CAG'rs use?

[quote name='cochesecochese']I have this. It's good.[/quote]

I'm torn between that Hori case ($15 if you can find it) or one of these Airform cases ($10 easy to find)....
airform case: http://tinyurl.com/p3dun

I also plan on getting that sleeve from the Mario Bundle that CC gave away with the Lite. It looks like it'd be the best option if you want to drop just the system in your pocket and go......

[quote name='$hady']I'm torn between that Hori case ($15 if you can find it) or one of these Airform cases ($10 easy to find)....
airform case: http://tinyurl.com/p3dun

I also plan on getting that sleeve from the Mario Bundle that CC gave away with the Lite. It looks like it'd be the best option if you want to drop just the system in your pocket and go......[/quote]

I actually just bought that one from that guy on ebay. Good transaction and it's a nice case...

BUT: I cannot get the charging cord in there and still have the case close without forcing it...so caveat emptor.

It's a good charge and go case- for commuting- but the inability to bring the cord in one package knocks it down. I give it 7.5 Wombats out of 10.

[quote name='Maddgief']I actually just bought that one from that guy on ebay. Good transaction and it's a nice case...

BUT: I cannot get the charging cord in there and still have the case close without forcing it...so caveat emptor.

It's a good charge and go case- for commuting- but the inability to bring the cord in one package knocks it down. I give it 7.5 Wombats out of 10.[/quote]

Nice thanks for the info about the case and seller. I never thought about the charger, not really a big deal for me though as long as I charged it at night. This case looks a little bigger than the Hori so I bet the charger doesn't fit in it either....

I think I'm going to get the Hori Multi Pouch even though I like smaller cases and the compact pouch is definitely that, I don't like how the DS games and GBA game would separated from my Lite by only a thin piece of cloth...the multi pouch sticks the system in a thick cocoon of fluff, and the games and accessories are kept in a separate pocket. A bit bigger, 4 bucks pricier, but worth it, IMO

[quote name='JEKKI']posted from the other topic:

http://cgi.ebay.com/BLACK-NINTENDO-DS-LITE-LOVELY-BOSTON-BAG-CASE-NEW_W0QQitemZ8292271586QQcategoryZ49230QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I gotta get that...[/quote]

Totally, totally ruling..

"Hey guyths! Check it out! It's my new Nintendo murse!" (man purse)

girldslitebag.jpg

[quote name='coltyhuxx']Totally, totally ruling..

"Hey guyths! Check it out! It's my new Nintendo murse!" (man purse)

girldslitebag.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Its a european carry-all!

Is there a case available that's thin and allows you to keep the Lite inside while playing? I had a nice silicone one for the fat DS.

RC

I use this case:

nds15white2tu.jpg

It's pretty bulky, and was designed for the original DS, but it works. I don't need anything that has to be sleek and sexy, just something that will protect my DS and still allow me to bring all the DS/GBA games I want. This thing can hold a ton of games, along with the charger. I got it at CC for $10 a while back. :D

[quote name='Arkay Firestar']Did you order black or white?[/quote]

I ordered a black one for me and a pink one for my girlfriend (one of her birthday presents - in two weeks!).

-HM

[quote name='rscaramelo']Is there a case available that's thin and allows you to keep the Lite inside while playing? I had a nice silicone one for the fat DS.

RC[/QUOTE]

Lik Sang has the silcione case for the DS and DS Lite. I ordered the case for the DS and ordered the case for the DS lite on Friday.

Anything out there similar to an iPod sock? Just basically a cloth pouch I can slip it in and wont have to worry about it getting scratched in my pocket.

[quote name='seanr1221']Anything out there similar to an iPod sock? Just basically a cloth pouch I can slip it in and wont have to worry about it getting scratched in my pocket.[/QUOTE]

Well, you may want to check and see if such a case exists for a PSP and whether it will work for your lite...since the PSP is not a folding system, I'm sure they have more "sock" like cases, and frankly the size is pretty similar to the DS (so worth a try?)

[quote name='Arkay Firestar']Well, you may want to check and see if such a case exists for a PSP and whether it will work for your lite...since the PSP is not a folding system, I'm sure they have more "sock" like cases, and frankly the size is pretty similar to the DS (so worth a try?)[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the idea...I'll have to check it out.

[quote name='seanr1221']Anything out there similar to an iPod sock? Just basically a cloth pouch I can slip it in and wont have to worry about it getting scratched in my pocket.[/quote]
$9.99 online at all the game sites but you can't pick a color. Also free at CC if you buy the Lite there. All the B&M game stores are carrying them as well...
PC.BEN.06104380.CN.JPG

They call it the "DS Lite Mario Bundle Pack" even though the package says Sleeve kit....

[quote name='$hady']$9.99 online at all the game sites but you can't pick a color. Also free at CC if you buy the Lite there.
PC.BEN.06104380.CN.JPG
[/QUOTE]

Ah perfect! I'll head out tomorrow and get it...thank you. :D

And thank you Arkay for looking up some options for me

I donno how many time I posted this before,

but I use this case!

narutofrog2.jpg

but there's a lot of extra room with my lite in there.

it still does a good job tho

Is ebay the only place you can get that case????
That's REALLY nice!!

..and p.s. Why isn't there a copy of Super Princess Peach in there? :(

[quote name='lilboo']Is ebay the only place you can get that case????
That's REALLY nice!!

..and p.s. Why isn't there a copy of Super Princess Peach in there? :([/quote]

eBay is the only place you can find it at this point. It was a free give away at E3 last month. I got it for $8 with a black XL AutoAssault t-shirt +$6 s/h. I think they gave this same case out to the first 100 people at the Nintendo World store during launch. I think they are going for over $20 online. I personally think all the other cases out there are crap, but again, I may be partial.

I'm waiting to find Super Princess Peach used.

[quote name='lilboo']Im looking at the case again...it actually HOLDS all those games..or are they just lined up????

::confused::[/quote]

The case is opened and they are lined up. I could probably close the lid and zip it up, but ultimately it would scratch the DS Lite. Not to mention spill out all over the place when I opened it up. The pocket on the outside of the case holds the carts well enough.

BTW, my multi pouch shipped today (fast - I ordered it yesterday!), so I should be able to get a review up soon after I get it. Hopefully it'll get here by the end of next week.

-HM

[quote name='CoconutSport']eBay is the only place you can find it at this point. It was a free give away at E3 last month. I got it for $8 with a black XL AutoAssault t-shirt +$6 s/h. I think they gave this same case out to the first 100 people at the Nintendo World store during launch. I think they are going for over $20 online. I personally think all the other cases out there are crap, but again, I may be partial.

I'm waiting to find Super Princess Peach used.[/QUOTE]

That's the one I want. The Hori cases are alright, but I much prefer that one. Hopefully they'll make it available for retail sale soon. Any indication on it of who makes it? It looks like ALS.

I'm using one of their original DS cases right now. I think they stopped making it. It holds a lot of stuff and is relatively small. Mine is grey and black.

I'm not sure about you guys, but do you have an original gameboy advance case? Not the SP ones, the ones for the original GBA. I found that even with a game in the GBA slot, the DS lite fits perfectly. I can't manage to find a picture of the case I'm using, however. Even better for me, because the case could carry an absurd amount of GBA games and it's perfect for people like me who have tons of them.

I'm sure if you had an original GBA case, your DS lite will fit it like a glove.

But to confuse you a bit, I took a better look at the pictures of the compact, and it seems I was in error when I said the zipper might scratch the Lite. It looks like there's a piece a fabric that will cover the zipper when closed, preventing scratches.

Anyway...

I went for the multi because I like the color scheme, the sleek simplicity of the front, and the fact that the it has an extra compartment separate from where the Lite sits. It appears that there's more room in the multi than the compact, which is always a plus. I suppose it's possible that since the main compartment closes with velcro that some junk could slip in and scratch the Lite, but I imagine the chance of that is remote.

Trust me - sacrificing some smallness for accessories, as long as it doesn't make the case too big, is ALWAYS a good thing. And I think the way they designed this it just ends up being a bit thicker than the compact pouch, but it's actually no larger in the other two dimensions.

-HM

[quote name='Hollow Man']But to confuse you a bit, I took a better look at the pictures of the compact, and it seems I was in error when I said the zipper might scratch the Lite. It looks like there's a piece a fabric that will cover the zipper when closed, preventing scratches.

Anyway...

I went for the multi because I like the color scheme, the sleek simplicity of the front, and the fact that the it has an extra compartment separate from where the Lite sits. It appears that there's more room in the multi than the compact, which is always a plus.

Trust me - sacrificing some smallness for accessories, as long as it doesn't make the case too big, is ALWAYS a good thing. And I think the way they designed this it just ends up being a bit thicker than the compact pouch, but it's actually no larger in the other two dimentions.

-HM[/QUOTE]

Well I personally used to be very anti-pouch cases, because I always felt as though they were bulkier and for some reason thought they offered less protection than something with a zipper all the way around...anyways, I learned my lesson when I got my first DS, because GS gave me a free "travel kit" with it, and while almost everything else in the kit was crap, the case that came with it was surprisingly good...and it was just a simple pouch case with a velcro flap to close it...

The cushioning was really good, and it seemed to protect the system very well despite not having much of a backbone (hard support). So I like the look of the multi because it seems to have very much the same kind of snug, safe pocket, but also the flap on the back to put games and styli in and such...

I will most likely get the multi "porch" (hehe)...and a set of screen protectors from Hori as well. Just going to wait till I'm about to leave my college town to go back home for good before placing the order so it gets there after I do.

I just need something that makes it easy to throw in my backback I take to work or in an overnight bag. So some extra thickness isn't too big a deal.

For whatever reason I've decided to not bother with screen protectors. I fiddled with them with my Palm PDA and decided it was not worth the trouble at all. I always had troubles with air pockets and never liked the look and feel of having yet another layer on my screen. I've found if you keep the screen clean of debris, then any scratching will be minimal.

But one word of advice - keep your hands clean when playing. It's VERY easy for dirt to get caught between the clear coat and the Lite itself, and quite visible since the Lite is white. You can use the edge of a piece of paper to try to dig out debris, but it's a chore. Probably a losing battle in the long run.

-HM

I've been looking to pickup the Hori Multi-pouch... it certainly looks like a great case. And I love that the DS Lite is seperate from the rest of the stuff... less chances for a game or accessory to scratch the surface (which would make me so sad).

I was going to grab the multi-pouch on Sunday at the store while I grabbed my Lite, unfortunately the store didn't have any in yet. I'll have to check the store later.

I'm currently using the NDS14, which was perfectly fine for my original DS. But now that I have the Lite, I feel that the top compartment that holds the games may accidentally scratch the Lite. :(

I bought a Switch and Carry Starter Kit that is exclusively the DS Lite from Walmart. It comes with a Nintendo DS Lite TransPak, headphones, four Nintendo DS game card cases, two screen protectors, three sylus and a wallet type thing to hold games for $20. It has the official Nintendo seal on it. The case looks almost like the one in the picture. I went with blue instead of red.

After searching and searching for the perfect case for my Lite-- it really seems the Horis fit the bill.

Does anyone know if they're coming stateside any time soon? I'm a little low on cash due to the purchase of 2 Lites (one for me, one for my wife :) ) so I hate to go the eBay route.

Regards!

I ordered one of the white Hori cases and the screen protectors. Good purchase it seems like. Going to be like 2 weeks.

bread's done
Back