- - - - -

[DEAD] Gamestop/EB Trade 3 get $10 running now until 7-25

#61 Flamez   CAG Veteran CAG Veteran   7 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 16 June 2006 - 05:14 PM

Free 512 MB PSP memory stick with purchase of a 512 MB memory stick (Sandisk).

Edit: Updated the End date for the Promotions.

That, plus the fact that above they said it rang up to 17.99, do they just give you the free one or do they charge you for both and say its the normal cost?

Edit: I just called and they said it will start this weekend. Looks like Im not spending my paycheck tonight.

#62 TimTucker   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   791 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

TimTucker

Posted 16 June 2006 - 05:18 PM

A clerk at GS near me said that you can't trade in the GUNCON on the TC3 or TC:CZ. But this guy is also a complete A-hole and makes mondo mistakes. Can a CAG give me the real poop. Saw two TC:CZs and would love to flip them for credit.

Would not be surprised -- I've seen PS2 lightguns tagged as final clearance, ringing up at either $3.99 or $0.01.

#63 PezRadar   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   303 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

PezRadar

Posted 17 June 2006 - 02:22 AM

you cant trade guncons back in..

#64 sKp05   that damn good CAGiversary!   152 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 17 June 2006 - 03:22 AM

You can't trade guncons, they add 2.50 to each game for the extra 10, and they're not supposed to stack the GI/Edge card with the +10 offer.

#65 PezRadar   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   303 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

PezRadar

Posted 17 June 2006 - 03:27 AM

You can't trade guncons, they add 2.50 to each game for the extra 10, and they're not supposed to stack the GI/Edge card with the +10 offer.

congrats you repeated what other people already said :P

#66 Americanpierg   Banned Banned   823 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Americanpierg

Posted 17 June 2006 - 04:36 AM

ive been to 3 different gamestops (havnt been to an ebgames yet) and theyve stacked the +10 and +10% every time without question

#67 io   ... Super Moderators   24648 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 17 June 2006 - 04:50 AM

ive been to 3 different gamestops (havnt been to an ebgames yet) and theyve stacked the +10 and +10% every time without question

Yeah, exactly. Who says they are "not supposed to"? In fact, when dealing with store managers I've been able to stack 3 things: +10% Edge, $10 bonus, and + 10% preorder bonus all at the same time. With no managers present I have not been able to do this (just the 1st two). If two different store managers think all 3 stack (let alone the 2) then that is that as far as I'm concerned :D.

Oh, and I've only done this at EB's, not GS's - so it seems stacking can be done at both stores :D. Now what I haven't been able to do is trade Jampacks and old sports games like many others have for the bonus deal. They nix me on the Jampacks right away.

#68 Mari0andLuigi   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   908 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Mari0andLuigi

Posted 17 June 2006 - 05:25 AM

Yeah, exactly. Who says they are "not supposed to"? In fact, when dealing with store managers I've been able to stack 3 things: +10% Edge, $10 bonus, and + 10% preorder bonus all at the same time. With no managers present I have not been able to do this (just the 1st two). If two different store managers think all 3 stack (let alone the 2) then that is that as far as I'm concerned :D.

Oh, and I've only done this at EB's, not GS's - so it seems stacking can be done at both stores :D. Now what I haven't been able to do is trade Jampacks and old sports games like many others have for the bonus deal. They nix me on the Jampacks right away.

Any of the GS stores that were updated to the new POS don't have a choice in the 10% extra trade bonus stacking with the trade 4 for an extra $10. It does the added 10% automatically on the games.

#69 robbyH   The King of EVILLLLL! CAGiversary!   363 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 17 June 2006 - 05:55 AM

At my nearby GS, the manager can be overbearing, but he knows I'm a good customer, and knows I flip games for credit and he has given me 4for$10 and 10%, even though I sometimes forget my card.

#70 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   22419 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 17 June 2006 - 06:00 AM

I never realized what the big deal with the X for $10 extra credit was... but how is it that some of you make out like bandits with those types of deals?

I might have to go a pick up those two 512s for $20 for sure though.

#71 io   ... Super Moderators   24648 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 17 June 2006 - 06:40 AM

I never realized what the big deal with the X for $10 extra credit was... but how is it that some of you make out like bandits with those types of deals?

I might have to go a pick up those two 512s for $20 for sure though.

Well, I don't think anyone is making out "like bandits" with this deal. Remember a year and a half ago EB had the trade 2 get $10 extra. Combine that with the TRU 90% off green-tagged games, and, well, yes, banditry ensued.

However, if you can get some of the cheap games from Kmart or Circuit City and get the 10% + extra $10 you can nearly double your money. Put that on a preorder (for another 10% boost), and get something like Lego Star Wars II for less than $20 out of pocket (original cost of games traded in). That's what I've been doing anyway :D. I haven't traded anything to EB in over a week though. I will probably bring another set of 4 games in before the end of the current deal.

#72 JaysonR   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   129 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 17 June 2006 - 11:19 AM

OK, that's it! How do you guys get the 10% AND the +$10 when you trade? I've been to 3 different GS and all of them told me I can't do both, only one or the other. Can I get them to just do it w/o having to ask them? How?

#73 Americanpierg   Banned Banned   823 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Americanpierg

Posted 17 June 2006 - 11:28 AM

OK, that's it! How do you guys get the 10% AND the +$10 when you trade? I've been to 3 different GS and all of them told me I can't do both, only one or the other. Can I get them to just do it w/o having to ask them? How?

you got hosed jimmy, you got hosed

#74 PezRadar   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   303 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

PezRadar

Posted 17 June 2006 - 02:38 PM

They could be all converted POS stores which it forces just 1 promotion.

#75 jPoD   Banned Banned   3836 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 17 June 2006 - 05:32 PM

I've had no problems with the 10%+$10 at EB.

#76 Gregalor   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5172 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 17 June 2006 - 06:23 PM

Hm I could trade in Final Fantasy X, Final Fantasy X-2, GTA3, and something else that's crappy, and get a used Phoenix Wright with credit to spare....

#77 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   22419 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 18 June 2006 - 01:31 AM

However, if you can get some of the cheap games from Kmart or Circuit City and get the 10% + extra $10 you can nearly double your money. Put that on a preorder (for another 10% boost), and get something like Lego Star Wars II for less than $20 out of pocket (original cost of games traded in). That's what I've been doing anyway :D. I haven't traded anything to EB in over a week though. I will probably bring another set of 4 games in before the end of the current deal.

Hah... I can't find squat from either sale. It's amazing how others find these amazing games and stuff while our Kmart still has Mario Golf (PC version) for the low, low price of $29.99.

I went to EB to check out the memory stick deal but they're marked as $40! That's a rip!:lol:

#78 PezRadar   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   303 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

PezRadar

Posted 18 June 2006 - 04:41 AM

There are actually more promotions that aren't listed like the Guild Wars thing and whatever. There is quite a few.. I know one with some PSP thing, but I forgot em all.

#79 Abalistar   Gummy Unicorn CAGiversary!   516 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 18 June 2006 - 05:34 PM

A clerk at GS near me said that you can't trade in the GUNCON on the TC3 or TC:CZ. But this guy is also a complete A-hole and makes mondo mistakes. Can a CAG give me the real poop. Saw two TC:CZs and would love to flip them for credit.

I wouldn't be surprised because they don't accept dance pads anymore ethier.

I traded in my PS2 dancepad before the merger at EB, but afterwards they wouldn't accept my Xbox one. It's so lame. I'm now stuck with a damn dance pad that I can't use.

#80 fivecardstud   Es una salsa! Muy Salsa! CAGiversary!   389 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

fivecardstud

Posted 18 June 2006 - 06:53 PM

Well, I don't think anyone is making out "like bandits" with this deal.

i did pretty well... there was one local gamestop around here where the manager dumped all the $4.99 and under games in a bin a put a "3 for $5" sign on them. I bought a bunch, kept the good ones and traded in the others at 3 to 1 of what I paid for them. But that was pretty YMMV.

I have heard of another local store wanting to do the same though, so keep your eyes open now that EB's are full of cheapo games.

#81 whitereflection   Shake well before serving CAGiversary!   5150 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

whitereflection

Posted 18 June 2006 - 07:00 PM

i did pretty well... there was one local gamestop around here where the manager dumped all the $4.99 and under games in a bin a put a "3 for $5" sign on them. I bought a bunch, kept the good ones and traded in the others at 3 to 1 of what I paid for them. But that was pretty YMMV.

I have heard of another local store wanting to do the same though, so keep your eyes open now that EB's are full of cheapo games.

That's a great deal. I could think of a dozen $5 games I want to pick up.

Anyone else have any info on this deal?

#82 PezRadar   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   303 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

PezRadar

Posted 18 June 2006 - 07:16 PM

That's a great deal. I could think of a dozen $5 games I want to pick up.

Anyone else have any info on this deal?

thats not a company deal thats for sure. I would have to say this would be very widespread and probably up to DM's.

#83 Roufuss   is now a coupon CAGiversary!   21591 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 18 June 2006 - 07:18 PM

Well, I don't think anyone is making out "like bandits" with this deal. Remember a year and a half ago EB had the trade 2 get $10 extra. Combine that with the TRU 90% off green-tagged games, and, well, yes, banditry ensued.

I made out like a bandit... I dumped a ton of really shitty clearance games I got over the years, and after trading in my DS, ended up with the DS Lite + a game for free.

The sale before that I dumped another batch of shitty clearance games and walked out with Beatmania + a Shadow Hearts: From the New World guide for free.

#84 io   ... Super Moderators   24648 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 19 June 2006 - 03:29 AM

I made out like a bandit... I dumped a ton of really shitty clearance games I got over the years, and after trading in my DS, ended up with the DS Lite + a game for free.

The sale before that I dumped another batch of shitty clearance games and walked out with Beatmania + a Shadow Hearts: From the New World guide for free.

Yeah, but "shitty clearance games" or not, you gave them a ton - they will make their money back on those selling them to someone :D. So while you got a good deal it was hardly "making out like a bandit" :D

So, for whatever reason people were trading like mad during the last $10 promotion but not during this one? I haven't had much wiki updating to do the last few days. What's going on? Did everyone get rid of everything last time? I just found a few more games at Kmart so I'll definitely be making another EB run.

#85 evophile   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1138 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 19 June 2006 - 03:46 AM

Yeah, but "shitty clearance games" or not, you gave them a ton - they will make their money back on those selling them to someone :D. So while you got a good deal it was hardly "making out like a bandit" :D

So, for whatever reason people were trading like mad during the last $10 promotion but not during this one? I haven't had much wiki updating to do the last few days. What's going on? Did everyone get rid of everything last time? I just found a few more games at Kmart so I'll definitely be making another EB run.

It's odd, it may just be my EBs and GSs; but none of them have any signage for these deals up this time.

My Eb and GS always have that stuff up so I find it a bit weird. It seems some other people have had clerks who don't know about it either. But that tends to happen anyways.

Also, I think I used up most of my games on the last sale and have no where left to get fodder heh.

#86 Roufuss   is now a coupon CAGiversary!   21591 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 19 June 2006 - 04:29 AM

I doubt it... alot of those games have already dropped their used price since I traded them in, and almost every single one of them is still on the shelves. It was good fun to point out to my friend that the large section of shitty games were all mine.

I made out like a bandit because I pretty much tripled my initial money on the games I brought in... the stuff that wouldn't sell for 99 cents on Ebay, I could drop off there and be guaranteed $2.50 straight up (with three other games) without fees / shipping.

#87 jacobv   1988 CAGiversary!   227 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 19 June 2006 - 04:47 AM

I didn't read the whole thread so I don't know if this was asked already but in the OP, it says the EB/Gamestop trade-in 4 get $10 deal applies to Gamcube games as well. However, when I looked at the EBgames website (http://www.ebgames.c.../trade-ins.asp), I noticed it doesn't mention Gamecube titles are eligible.

Am I correct in assuming the OP made an error?

#88 io   ... Super Moderators   24648 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 19 June 2006 - 04:50 AM

I didn't read the whole thread so I don't know if this was asked already but in the OP, it says the EB/Gamestop trade-in 4 get $10 deal applies to Gamcube games as well. However, when I looked at the EBgames website (http://www.ebgames.c.../trade-ins.asp), I noticed it doesn't mention Gamecube titles are eligible.

Am I correct in assuming the OP made an error?

Wow - you're right, they do leave off GC in that banner! Well, the previous promotion DID definitely include GC games. So while you might get denied at a store or two if the web site is really correct, you are likely to get away with it as they are used to accepting them. People were even able to trade in Jampacks and old sports games before, and they were specifically excluded.

On the other hand, they do list GC trade-in prices along with all the others below (but not GBA which is excluded), so maybe they just left it off the banner by mistake.

#89 Cmoore58   Kiss Tha Rangs B****! CAGiversary!   212 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Cmoore58

Posted 19 June 2006 - 05:58 AM

I went to a Gamestop in West Des Moines, Iowa and they refused to give me the extra ten for 2 360 games and a combo of 3 xbox and 1 ps2 game. the clerk said the sale is no longer valid. I called BS and he said he would give me the extra 10 on the 360 games but not for the xbox/ps2 games. I told the clerk its on your website going on through the 4th of july and he said gamestop.com and gamestop are to different stores. I took the extra 10 on the 360 games and took back my xbox/ps2 games. Would you guys complain or would you just let it slide???

#90 io   ... Super Moderators   24648 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 19 June 2006 - 07:41 AM

I went to a Gamestop in West Des Moines, Iowa and they refused to give me the extra ten for 2 360 games and a combo of 3 xbox and 1 ps2 game. the clerk said the sale is no longer valid. I called BS and he said he would give me the extra 10 on the 360 games but not for the xbox/ps2 games. I told the clerk its on your website going on through the 4th of july and he said gamestop.com and gamestop are to different stores. I took the extra 10 on the 360 games and took back my xbox/ps2 games. Would you guys complain or would you just let it slide???

What a butthead - "gamestop and gamestop.com are two different stores". Except that as far as I know gamestop.com DOES NOT TAKE Fucking TRADE-INS, so any trade-in promo advertized on gamestop.com means it is IN STORE!! Print the web site and shove it in his face next time :D. In fact, it says "see store for details". :rofl:.

Sorry about the rant, but I hate the "web site is different" excuse that rerailers use on us all the time to weasel out of deals.

From the website: "Offer ends July 4th, 2006. See store for complete details". And the whole page is about how wonderful it is to visit their GameStop and EB Games stores to trade in your used games and systems.