Xbox 360 VGA/HD A/V Cable $12.99 USED at EB/GS.com

For some reason the link doesn't work or me, maybe this one will better:
http://www.ebgames.com/search.asp?s...search&searchcount=12&Keyword=vga&platform=32

But anyway, there are a few different VGA cables out there. You might get the official MS one, but there's also other brands like Pelican out there which you might get from GS/EB if you buy used. Just a small word of warning: chances are these differences will either not matter to you at all or be a big deal to you, but if you do get a Pelican or most other 3rd parties, they will not include an optical audio output, and it won't include the adaptors for the VGA plug type or composite-to-headphone jack connectors (each can be picked up from most electronics stores for around $6). IQ is great though, so if all you need is a basic cable to display on a PC monitor, it will work fine.

Please let us know if you get the real Microsoft cable or not. I wonder if you can return the cable if you don't like it? It seems like they're good about returning used items, aren't they?

it should be official. Why would you want to return it? And yes you can return it.

edit: And OP it is worth it. The picture looks fucken clean.

My buddy just got an official used one in store yesterday. Just thought I'd post that since I find it to be kind of a coincidence.

Just ordered one. The description claims it has Dolby Digital support, so it should be the official one, and if a third party one comes I will just return up.

Here I come upscaled DVDs!

[quote name='TimPV3']My buddy just got an official used one in store yesterday. Just thought I'd post that since I find it to be kind of a coincidence.[/QUOTE]

I got a used Pelican one for $12.99 from my local Gamestop a month or two ago, so they don't seem to differentiate between the versions of it when they sell it used. That's the main reason I thought it would be best to let everyone know that you may or may not get an official cable though them. I have to say that even the Pelican one works great, if the optical audio out doesn't interest you then there really isn't much advantage to using the Microsoft one over a 3rd party brand.

Still, $13 for a VGA cable is damn good, anyone else remember last generation when VGA boxes were like $60? The only one that was cheaper was the Dreamcast, where I managed to get a low-end cheap one for $20 (the normal ones were $60-$80). And now, you can actually play in high resolution, which was rarely an option last generation. It should also be mentioned that the recent 360 firmware update improves image quality when outputting through the VGA cable (it even upsamples DVDs to your monitor's native resolution).

Upsampling rocks. Well, VGA boxes and VGA cable are two different beasts - I'm pretty sure the 360 has the built-in ability to output in VGA, so you're really just buying a cable. VGA boxes are actually converting the video signal, which is costlier.

[quote name='Cable387']Just ordered one. The description claims it has Dolby Digital support, so it should be the official one, and if a third party one comes I will just return up.

Here I come upscaled DVDs![/quote]

is there free shipping?

[quote name='Americanpierg']is there free shipping?[/quote]

[quote name='TheFirstPostInTheThread'] "Saver" and "Freeshipall" get you free shipping.[/quote]

You just bought 32 of these. Why do you need more?

tag so I can get one instore. I didn't know you could find them this cheap. Thanks for the find. Another great thing about this deal is since the 360 is so new you've got a really good chance your cable won't be beat to hell.

[quote name='mtxbass1']You just bought 32 of these. Why do you need more?[/quote]

im looking to competetively price mine in response to gamestops price drop :bomb:

[quote name='Americanpierg']im looking to competetively price mine in response to gamestops price drop :bomb:[/quote]

heres hopin that yours work.. i think im on the first page of requests for your vga cables lol

[quote name='Americanpierg']im looking to competetively price mine in response to gamestops price drop :bomb:[/quote]

This wasn't a price drop. I picked these up about 6 weeks ago from the same price at my local gamestop.

I got mine this past weekend in store. They didn't have it on the store floor so I had to pull the "I know you have one in stock, I saw it online" card. So the dude had to go search the back to get it for me.

But the big bounus was finding a copy of F1 2001 for the xbox. I have never seen that game instore and it only cost me 15 bucks.

Dreamcast did native VGA as well. The Dreamcast "VGA Boxes" you saw were really VGA cables like the 360, as opposed to upscale converters as with most other systems. That is why, for example, I pad $6.99 for a new DC VGA box a few years back, while one of my roomates paid $80 for a GameCube one that looked a lot worse.

--ff
DC fanboy, signing out

Just got mine. It's the official one and damn, upscaled DVDs look a lot better than I thought they would. I knew there would be a difference but I didn't think I would notice the difference that much.

I have a vga cable for the 360 available for trade or purchase. It's a Pelican Livewire brand. Used it for about 3 days but I personally wasn't that happy with the quality of it. There was the slightest bit of ghosting of bright white colors. I don't think most people would ever notice it, but I'm extremely picky when it comes to these things. Also if It's under a 5 year warranty, but I didn't want to wait for a new one so I sprung for an official microsoft vga cable. I can send it with the packaging/reciept. I'm willing to let it go for way cheaper than what I paid for it ($20) and cheaper than $12.99 to any CAG who thinks they can get some use out of it, otherwise it's ebay bound! Anybody know the trade in value at EB/GS? Anybody who has a decent PC monitor and is still playing on a SDTV really needs to get one of these! It's HD gaming on the cheap!!! Games look great on my 19" monitor... far superior to how they look on my 27" TV!

I went to my EB because it showed up on the store locator thing. Well, I get there and buy it without taking a second look. Before going out of the mall, I see that it is a component cable not VGA. So I go back and say its component and I wanted VGA and the employee seemed to get annoyed and told me they could swap it for one, but one problem, the component cables were marked as VGA. He goes in the back to check if they had any and comes out with a new one. I told him no thanks and he seemed to get angry and snap "its 40 everywhere, so you wont get it any cheaper." I informed him that the used price was $12.99 but he came back with "its a mistake!"

Whatever... I doubt I'm going there again.

I noticed that my local GameStop indicated there was 1-3 of these items in stock. I went in, looked around, then asked the clerk. Nope...not a single one in the used accessories. I guess their "in-stock" status isn't very accurate.

[quote name='fidodido']I noticed that my local GameStop indicated there was 1-3 of these items in stock. I went in, looked around, then asked the clerk. Nope...not a single one in the used accessories. I guess their "in-stock" status isn't very accurate.[/quote] it tells you to call to make sure. When I first started looking for vga cables around my area I called a few places that showed them instock but none of them had it. I did buy the only s-video at one place and the next day the indicator showed that the store no longer had any in stock.

You definitely have to call to make sure but sometimes the clerks will just blow you off and say they don't have it so they don't have to look.

Last week, the online inventory at 2 EB's near my house said they both had 1-3 used 360 VGA cables. I called both of them and they both said they didn't have any. I didn't want to spend $40 for a new one so I called again yesterday and the clerk actually looked and found one buried in the back.

I think the online inventory system is more accurate than the clerks would have you believe. If it shows instock and the clerks can't find it, it's probably because they are lazy or incompetent.

Got mine in today and to my surprise it was not the VGA, but a Mad Catz S-Video 360 cable :(. The package was labelled wrong. I called them up and they are sending the correct item... I hope. I'll report back next week.

[quote name='michael6668']Got mine in today and to my surprise it was not the VGA, but a Mad Catz S-Video 360 cable :(. The package was labelled wrong. I called them up and they are sending the correct item... I hope. I'll report back next week.[/quote]

I have new microsoft ones (theyre bascially new) that ill sell for 15.05 shipped, PM me if interested, i have pictures!

i've only tried the microsoft brand vga adapter, and they are quite awsome!
it looks so much sharper and the colors are alot more vivid.
since i have a 21" crt im very happy with the picture

sorry but what are these cables for? my xbox came with cables with the red/yellow/white and blue/red ones is this the same thing?

[quote name='X-GOUKI']i've only tried the microsoft brand vga adapter, and they are quite awsome!
it looks so much sharper and the colors are alot more vivid.
since i have a 21" crt im very happy with the picture[/quote]

Yea, the pictures looks a lot better on my CRT than it does on my LCD

bread's done
Back