Game Informer Coupon - Edge/More Card peeps

PezRadar

CAGiversary!
July issue contains a B2G1F for used games coupon with an Edge/More Card at EB/GS.

Also contains a coupon for $20 dollars extra in trade in credit for system trade ins for Gamecube/XBox/PS2/DS/PSP. Same thing as the FSI deal.

Just a nice heads up for people who may of missed this.

Only works for GameInformer Subscribers with valid Edge/More card.

Expires 7/31/06

[quote name='PezRadar']If the magazine doesnt come that means your card is expired.[/QUOTE]

No, my card works, trust me, just used it the other day, I mean that, for whatever reason, Game Informer just sprodically comes... I don't care enough to track where it is for the occasional coupon that comes once every couple of months.

I'm pretty sure I would know if my card was expired. And by the time they got me the most recent issue, if they ever did, coupon would probably be expired anyways.

Not to mention it doesnt come on normal paper.. its really obvious if it was a scan. and it is on the other side it'd just be white.

Yeah got my GI today and its in the middle of the issue, cant miss it. Its printed on cardboard-like paper..

OP might want to add ..
Coupon Expires 07/31/06 btw..

Good GI issue, been reading it all day at work..lots of E3 games covered

yea got my mag about a week ago from work, but I forgot to post about it.. Sorry lol been so busy when they passed em out I almost forgot i had it.

[quote name='sesshoumarusama']so is it buy two preplayed get one free or is it buy two games get one free?[/QUOTE]

Perhaps you should actually read the OP.

[quote name='sesshoumarusama']so is it buy two preplayed get one free or is it buy two games get one free?[/quote]
preplayed i dont have the mag on me.. left it on my desk back in grapevine D:

FYI, the B2G1F coupon has no barcode or offer number or anything like that, so I guess it's up to the cashier to manually make this work. I'm curious if you can stack the 10% EDGE/More discount on top of it like you can with regular B2G1F sales. The coupon states that it can't be combined with any other offer, but I've never been denied that 10% before.

[quote name='PezRadar']July issue contains a B2G1F for used games coupon with an Edge/More Card at EB/GS.

Also contains a coupon for $20 dollars extra in trade in credit for system trade ins for Gamecube/XBox/PS2/DS/PSP. Same thing as the FSI deal.

Just a nice heads up for people who may of missed this.

Only works for GameInformer Subscribers with valid Edge/More card.

Expires 7/31/06[/quote]

woah woah woah, hold up...can i use multiple one of these coupons?!!! lol i though i read thorugh that magazine in its entirty (was a pretty boring issue with the indiana jones and assasian games)...i can make a killing with these B2G1F coupons.

EDIT:: my bad that was last month's issue...when will i get the july one? i just signed up for my card a week ago

That's great... I'm guessing I'll get the issue 2 months late.

Maybe it's a good thing, I've put way too much on my card. The power of no inerest for a year, I can see how it gets to people.:whistle2:(

[quote name='Vinny']That's great... I'm guessing I'll get the issue 2 months late.

Maybe it's a good thing, I've put way too much on my card. The power of no inerest for a year, I can see how it gets to people.:whistle2:([/quote]

lol...i dont really find that to be helpful, as the credit limit always forces me to pay before i can spend anymore.....

[quote name='Grave_Addiction']So, will these coupons not make it into the issues on news stands? I've recently moved and haven't started receiving my new issues yet.[/quote]

they are in the newstands ones.. just make sure you have your card.

Yeah just buy one from the counter. The cashier will try his damnedest to talk you out of it and into getting a subscription. I have even had a cashier tell me i couldn't use the coupon if i bought the issue by itself (even though i had a card), but you can definitely do it. It's better to spend $7 for the magazine and get a more expensive game free. They will try hard to sell that new subscription to you though.

gameinformer never comes to my place either, i used to get it , but then they just stopped, i mean, this was right after i got a new card, one issue came, then nothing else..then one day, i got an issue dated january....it was april

That damned game informer is truly unpredictable. I just got the Assassins Creed issue last week. And the day before that issue came, I got the issue from before. Maybe I will just go to the GS and tell them give me the coupon and I will buy some more. But what to buy?

[quote name='PezRadar']If the magazine doesnt come that means your card is expired.[/QUOTE]

The last months issue was my final issue, but I still have about 45 days left to use my card. I think its like this cuz they used to give out 10 month subscriptions.

Damn. I just got a More Card last week (The two issues I got were May & June), so who know when I'll get the July issue.
But, this may be a blessing. 4-6 weeks should land before 7/31, and my wallet is still a bit sore from the B2G1F they just ran.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y224/cdeener/183aa2f0.jpg

Here is a link to a scan of the coupons directly from the magazine.

183aa2f0.jpg

ya, I was pretty happy because I forgot to trade in my other xbox while the extra $20 was on last month, now it's $10 less in trades, but at least I can still do the extra $20 on it which, kind of, evens out for my laziness. :lol:

do note, however, the "must be a current game informer subscriber", which means you couldn't just buy the magazine and use it, you'd have to have a subscription or buy the subscription with the magazine. I don't know how you prove that...

Well...I do actually.

I don't know who would really give you hassle, but if you had a More card that wasn't expired or an Edge card that has been issued to you in the last month or so (i.e. since the Edge card began coming with the GI subscription and not before when it was the $5 version). It would seem like an extra headache to me, and I can't really think of many normal circumstances where people wouldn't be a subscriber but would have the coupon, but that would be how.

::shrug::

~katt

The scan wont work. They will obviously know you printed it out..

The last months issue was my final issue, but I still have about 45 days left to use my card. I think its like this cuz they used to give out 10 month subscriptions.

No.. They stopped the 10 month thing more then over a year ago. So no way you could still be on the 10 month thing. They also went through all the old cards that said "10 months" on the back of them before they started to use the new designed ones, so dont get confused with that.

They more then likely entered the wrong month information when the system prompted what issue you were starting on.

The one time my GI doesn't appear to be arriving early is naturally the one with a coupon I actually want. Handy. All the other times when I don't even want to read the mag it comes super early. Hopefully it'll arrive in the next few days at least, before the DS price drops again or something-- the fiance is looking to trade his in for a lite.

About 3-4 months ago they sent me one saying "THIS IS YOUR LAST ISSUE" with a bunch of thick paper outer crap (Basically the same type of paper this coupon is on I'm guessing), which confused the fuck out of me as my subscription was only half over, but I figured maybe I heard wrong and my gamestop card only lasted 6 months. But no, I continue to get the magazines and my card says it's good till October. Uhhuh. Weird.

[quote name='jezebelseven']The one time my GI doesn't appear to be arriving early is naturally the one with a coupon I actually want. Handy. All the other times when I don't even want to read the mag it comes super early. Hopefully it'll arrive in the next few days at least, before the DS price drops again or something-- the fiance is looking to trade his in for a lite.

About 3-4 months ago they sent me one saying "THIS IS YOUR LAST ISSUE" with a bunch of thick paper outer crap (Basically the same type of paper this coupon is on I'm guessing), which confused the fuck out of me as my subscription was only half over, but I figured maybe I heard wrong and my gamestop card only lasted 6 months. But no, I continue to get the magazines and my card says it's good till October. Uhhuh. Weird.[/quote]

IMO the reason why I have mine extremely early is because *cough* i work in grapevine. Some people will understand that.

[quote name='PezRadar']The scan wont work. They will obviously know you printed it out..

No.. They stopped the 10 month thing more then over a year ago. So no way you could still be on the 10 month thing. They also went through all the old cards that said "10 months" on the back of them before they started to use the new designed ones, so dont get confused with that.

They more then likely entered the wrong month information when the system prompted what issue you were starting on.[/QUOTE]

Well thats great to know, I guess I got screwed out of my an issua and my coupon then. Oh well, it was free anyways since my local gamestop had a promo where you trade in your gamecrazy card and you would get the GS card free. I guess they didn't know that GC doesnt use the card for the discounts.

So how much does the edge card and magazine cost. Would it be worth doing if i had to get an edge card then go buy the magazine off the shelf?

Does the coupon actually say "used" games anywhere, because from what I can read it just says buy 2 get one free...I don't see the word "used" any place. It would be sweet if you could use it on new games too...

Does the magazine subscription come with the Edge card? I got an Edge card a few months back and never received a Game Informer magazine.

They just began GI subscriptions with Edge Cards.. its 15.00 now for an edge card as opposed to your 5.00.

You get the first issue at the store.. so you can use the coupon on signup.. as long as they have the July issue in stock

My card is good through 2007 and I have still yet to get the July Issue. I can use that stuff. The last one Ive gotten was Assassin's Creed on it.

[quote name='loserboy']Does the coupon actually say "used" games anywhere, because from what I can read it just says buy 2 get one free...I don't see the word "used" any place. It would be sweet if you could use it on new games too...[/quote]

Yes it says it in small print.

xgh0s7So how much does the edge card and magazine cost. Would it be worth doing if i had to get an edge card then go buy the magazine off the shelf?

As long as the free game you want is more than the $15 (or whatever it is) it costs for the subsription then yes it is worth it. If you were getting 3 $44.99 games then you would be saving around $30 by getting the subscription. Plus you would have the mag for a year which is probably 2 or 3 more of these types of coupons.

[quote name='TehTriggerman']My card is good through 2007 and I have still yet to get the July Issue. I can use that stuff. The last one Ive gotten was Assassin's Creed on it.[/quote]
For the love of god people.. Barely anyone should have the magazine yet so calm down. Just because you dont get it on the first second of the first minute on the first hour doesnt mean its the end of the world.

Like I said, I get my issues early cuz im "special".

I just got my magazine today, coupon included. They went big this time. But since I finally got Zelda CE and Cubivore two weeks ago, I think I'm finally done with the B2G1Fs... unless Spartan and Hulk or CoD2 drop to $20 new before it expires.

[quote name='rcaido']i have a co-worker who brings this magazine to work...Hopefuly he leaves it so i can take the coupon....:lol:[/quote]

with your imaginary card?

bread's done
Back