So, who watched the DNC speeches last night? What did you think?

I normally would vote Republican but I am going to vote for Kerry now. I wish that Bill Clinton could be elected again........

I saw Hillary's and Bill's speeches and I was impressed with both. I thought Bill's especially was very rousing. I hope some of his charisma rubs off on Kerry.

I was impressed by all of the speeches.

I was surprised when they had a Vietnam vet who served under Kerry make a speech.

Good people they have there, I was disapointed to see the slanderous commentary, though.
I watched it on CNN, FOX, MSNBC, and ABC.
I couldn't bear to watch 'O Riley. That man need to take some chill pills.

I was really impressed with the HHH-Benoit 60 minute "Iron Man" match on Raw last night. That might be the one wrestling match I never expected to see on free TV. Benoit won... great finish that really built up to an ever improving SummerSlam card.

Why does Hillary Clinton yell into the microphone and talk like the entire audiance is "special"?

Why is Clinton still coming out to that Fleetwood Mac song? Is he trying to be a pro wrestler, or it is part of the withdrawl process from having "Hail to the Chief" played when you walk into a room?

Regardless of which side I'm backing I've always found the conventions to be numbingly dull. I've never been the true believer sort for anything so 'rousing' speeches make me more suspicious than inspired.

I instead watched the core items after the fact much in the same way I watch most TV shows after my RePlay has recorded them so I view them at my convenience without the ads. Clinton gives a good speech, no question about that. It's justs a shame he cannot speak for more than a few minutes without saying something to make my eyebrows head skyward. Listening to Hillary address a crowd always makes me feel like I've been caught at something and this is part of the punishment. Ted Kennedy appears to have gotten drunk and embalmed before reaching the stage. Al Gore tried to come off less unhinged than he's been of late but the eco-terrorist gaffe was classic.

All in all it's no wonder they lost in the ratings to a repeat of Stargate-SG1 in my time zone.

[quote name='PittsburghAfterDark']I was really impressed with the HHH-Benoit 60 minute "Iron Man" match on Raw last night. That might be the one wrestling match I never expected to see on free TV. Benoit won... great finish that really built up to an ever improving SummerSlam card.[/quote]ill second that, i dont know how they can hope to 'top' it with benoit/orton.

i cant believe that match was here in pittsburgh and i didnt know about it! ive really been slipping on keeping up with the rasslin

[quote name='evilmax17']The speach that Obama gave tonight was awesome. That guy is going places someday, and I'll vote for him when he gets there![/quote]

If our society wasn't so fucked up he could be president!

[quote name='Quackzilla'][quote name='evilmax17']The speach that Obama gave tonight was awesome. That guy is going places someday, and I'll vote for him when he gets there![/quote]

If our society wasn't so shaq-fued up he could be president![/quote]

I just read some excerpts from his speech and now I wish I would have heard the whole thing. I hope this guy goes far.

[quote name='evilmax17']The speach that Obama gave tonight was awesome. That guy is going places someday, and I'll vote for him when he gets there![/quote]

Agreed. One of the best public speaches that I have ever seen.

bread's done
Back