Steel Battalion Controller Question (Need a quick answer!)

GizmoGC

CAGiversary!
Feedback
84 (98%)
Hey all.

Quick question on the Steel Battalion controller, the RIGHT joystick...is it suppose to stay in place,no matter where you move it? The left one is like an actual joystick where it bounces back to the center if you let go of it. The RIGHT one however stays in place no matter where I move it. Is this normal?

Thanks

[quote name='gizmogc']Quick question on the Steel Battalion controller, the RIGHT joystick...is it suppose to stay in place,no matter where you move it? The left one is like an actual joystick where it bounces back to the center if you let go of it. The RIGHT one however stays in place no matter where I move it. Is this normal?[/QUOTE]

Yes.

Has anyone ever used their VT controllers for anything other than SB? ie. mech warrior, flight sims, etc?

[quote name='Raiikoh']Has anyone ever used their VT controllers for anything other than SB? ie. mech assault, flight sims, etc?[/quote]

it wouldnt work since its just for that game. I have a question myself my freakin game resets when I press the ingnition button very weird.

[quote name='Raiikoh']Has anyone ever used their VT controllers for anything other than SB? ie. mech assault, flight sims, etc?[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure it is exclusive to SB. Therefore, it is not compatible with other games.

Yep, that controller is destined to be a loner. Too bad I never got to try out the online-compatible one (can't remember the name). Still glad I got this thing, though.

[quote name='jam3582']it wouldnt work since its just for that game. I have a question myself my freakin game resets when I press the ingnition button very weird.[/QUOTE]

You have a modded Xbox, don't you? I've read that will cause the game to reset, as the mod chip uses the same signal as one of the Steel Battalio controller buttons to reset the system. Or something like that...

[quote name='Rusty Ghia']You have a modded Xbox, don't you? I've read that will cause the game to reset, as the mod chip uses the same signal as one of the Steel Battalio controller buttons to reset the system. Or something like that...[/QUOTE]

Hahaha! He certainly does! Sounds like Evox, and you have IGR turned on. Google a fix that can permanently disable IGR (in game reset). It's an app, so don't worry, when you aren't playin SB, you can go back and turn it off so you can still use IGR.

whoa, whoa you misunderstood! I meant use the controller on the PC, using an adaptor. just wondering if anyone else has tried this and if so what games were they able to use it with. Personally I played some combat flight sim 3, half life, etc. never got around to trying out mech warrior.

[quote name='jam3582']it wouldnt work since its just for that game. I have a question myself my freakin game resets when I press the ingnition button very weird.[/QUOTE]

Its because you're xbox is Modded.

[quote name='Raiikoh']whoa, whoa you misunderstood! I meant use the controller on the PC, using an adaptor. just wondering if anyone else has tried this and if so what games were they able to use it with. Personally I played some combat flight sim 3, half life, etc. never got around to trying out mech warrior.[/QUOTE]

Yes, this has been tried. Some enterprising programmer in Japan developed a HID driver for the monstrosity.

http://www.tamanegi.org/prog/vtchid/

Some folks have set this up with a couple of games; if memory serves, they included Mechwarrior 2, Freespace and a few others. It's apparently a real chore to set up the controls how you want, so you'd probably already be a pretty dedicated MW player if you attempted it.

You'll also need a controller-to-USB adapter or be willing to chop up one of the breakaway cables to create one. The Xbox controllers use USB cables anyway, just with different-shaped plugs, so it shouldn't be too difficult. I just bought an adapter from Lik-Sang.

Good luck with it.

bread's done
Back