CAGcast #34: CAG Madness

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Join Wombat and Cheapy as they discuss the games they are currently playing, new releases, industry news, a special "State of the CAG" edition of the CAGbag, and much more!

Download
- 55 minutes, 25MB
(If you haven't yet done so, PLEASE review us by clicking here!) Get us featured on iTunes!
RSS feed
Past CAGcasts

[media]http://cheapassgamer.com/podcast/cagcast34.mp3[/media]

Linkage:
New Releases
Name Change for the Wii?
Video Game Makers Are Battling Sinking Stock PricesPsychonauts will be playable on Xbox 360 or NOT!
Frag Dolls, PMS boycott Miss WSVG contest
Pay-To-Play Coming to Lumines Live
360 Price Drop This Xmas?
CAGbag

CAGcast Headline Animator

Copy this code:
Code:
[URL="http://www.cheapassgamer.com/archives/cat_cagcast.php"][IMG]http://feeds.feedburner.com/cagcast.gif[/IMG][/URL]

For forums...
HTML:
[url=http://www.cheapassgamer.com/archives/cat_cagcast.php][IMG]http://feeds.feedburner.com/cagcast.gif[/IMG][/url]

awesome.
Love listening to these shows while surfing.

Great stuff!

P.S do we need to install itunes just to write a review??

Just a small question to for cheapy: what type of micraphone do you sue for your show? I need one for mine... >_<

If you don't want to answer, that's totally understandable.

The new mic isn't that good. Maybe it was a little too close to your face or something, but I think your previous mic worked much better.

Is it just me?

[quote name='Temporaryscars']Hahah, that thing is huge. I bet you look redonkulous in that thing.[/quote]You have no idea!

On the general masses that microphone would look unwieldy. On the 6 foot bald man that is CheapyD it looks like a child's plaything.

That is why Cheapy will rule the earth.

CAG Madness? Is that anything like...Space Madness?

spacemadness5na.jpg

That's how I picture you guys recording the show.

lol, i was at the Miss WSVG (i seemed to drift for the Mr. WSVG) and it didnt seem to be that bad, never for once thought it was gonna come down to game skills. Im just sad they didnt do a wet t-shirt portion -_-;. Fragdolls should have entered anyways, some really nice......girls...

5 gamerpoints cards?
1600*5=8000, thats a lot of downloads.

How many bald pictures gamerpictures are there to buy?

Meanwhile, my XBL marketplace card order was backordered.

Thanks to everyone who submitted reviews. We've got 41 as of this posting which is more than almost all other gaming podcasts, including Major Nelson, 1UP Yours, GameSpot, IGN, and Penny Arcade. In fact, I don't know if there is another (non-video) gaming podcast that is better reviewed than the CAGcast!

If you still haven't reviewed us, this link should take you right to iTunes and the review page:
https://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZFinance.woa/wa/addUserReview?type=Podcast&id=78311760

Don't forget to subscribe too. Wombat's life long dream is to be featured in iTunes, and reviews+subscriptions are the magic formula to make this happen. Please make Wombat's dream come true!

Good show. Hearing you guys whine about no new marketplace stuff reminds me of those brats on My sweet 16 being pissed their Dad only got them the $15,000 car instead of the $30,000 one. Guess just because I don't have one.

Also Wombat, how dare you call the Sega CD a stupid purchase! That thing was the shit back then.

As for good deals since the EBgames/Gamestop merger, what about the 2 guncon and Time Crisis 3?

Good show guys, keep up the good work.:applause: I always look forward to listening to this every week (Wednesdays) during my lunch break.

On a side note, I've noticed that from CAGcast 24 - Present (I think or something like that), you guys have said the word "Mairio" at least once in every single CAGcast thus far. I always get a kick out of it whenever I hear it; it's awesome.:lol: Anyway, can't wait for #35.

Great show guys. I didn't know that whole link thing. I figured you get some money if you click on the ads but not if we link through CAG to shop. I've been visiting this site for close to a year and it's great. I'll do what I can to support it.

Now that I'm moving from civilization to the middle of nowhere to go to law school I'll have to do most of my purchases online. Linked through CAG of course.

[quote name='Ma12kez']On a side note, I've noticed that from CAGcast 24 - Present (I think or something like that), you guys have said the word "Mairio" at least once in every single CAGcast thus far. I always get a kick out of it whenever I hear it; it's awesome.:lol: Anyway, can't wait for #35.[/QUOTE]

It was even funnier in #33 when Cheapy said the word "shit" multiple times. I never kept an exact count, but it ended up being somewhere around 16.

Man, what the hell was the intro music from? I know it's from my NES past, that's for sure. Bart Vs. The Space Mutants? Blaster Master? Were I to have any geek cred, I surely wouldn't admit to being stumped here.

Have you guys heard about supposedly Lumines having online multiplayer included in the $15/1200 Points price is now "confirmed"? I wonder if that's a 'victory' for the Internet community.

My theory about the Live Arcade having been so slow since the Launch Window, really, is because of people with points purchased but unredeemed and people just now getting systems. Everyone knows that the new games are coming out, be it Street Fighter II or Galaga or Frogger, but as your impatience grows for those games and you get bored, you get more and more tempted to pick up a game like Feeding Frenzy that you never really wanted in the first place. Or maybe some themes or lameass picture packs. Then, when the games you want finally do come out, you shell out more money for the points to get those. The recent purchasers of the 360 probably need time to 'catch up' on the 'tremendous' backlog of older Arcade games, Microsoft is probably thinking. You could even extend this to gamers going out and buying new full-length games that they might not have purchased if SFII was a June release. Just a thought.

And, yes, Pac-Man only has ONE MAZE, and over at 1up.com, Shane Bettenhausen talked about downloading it for their previewing purposes almost ONE MONTH AGO.

Finally, the Frag Dolls and PMS Clan are such ****ing hypocritical bitches. Ooh, they're sooo offended by the objectification of 'girl gamers', but meanwhile, they're all (or at least mostly) photogenic 'Avril Lavignes'', probably created by some Svengali(s), not to empower women, but to get hard-up male gamers hot 'n' bothered by them. Where are the plain-looking Frag Dolls, the hefty ones? Eggggg-zacktlee. So I'm calling bulls*** on their bitching and moaning. Oh, and when they talk smack, at least in front of a camera (see: the MTV 360 infomercial from last May), it's so forced. And pathetic.

I'm sure many will attack me for attacking them, as that's not very gentlemanly, or whatever. But they really should just...what's that four-letter initialization that you kids use for this sort of situation? Oh, yeah: STFU.

P.S. Why did the EB/GS merger kill the deals? Theories??

P.P.S. Another great show, guys!

[quote name='jollydwarf']P.S. Why did the EB/GS merger kill the deals? Theories??[/QUOTE]

Another issue is EB/GS no longer guarantees cases/manuals with used games. EB *did* prior to the merger, and kept many a CAG up early in the morning waiting for the used game morning updates. Now that the guarantee is gone, nobody wants to take the chance on getting a disc only, thus slowing some sales from that.

I am so ashamed right now. Wasn't even an NES-specific title. Played it in the arcades, have had it on no less than two compilation discs. I can hear the marble falling off the edge, over and over and over....

Sorry guys, but no cagcast this week :(
I've got friends from the USA staying with us since last week and I won't have a chance to get to it.

noooo! Maybe this could be the start of wombats solo career? Listen as wombat attempts to tell and laugh at his own jokes and stumbles over the adgenda and what to talk about without cheapy's orginization!

[quote name='CheapyD']Sorry guys, but no cagcast this week :(
I've got friends from the USA staying with us since last week and I won't have a chance to get to it.[/quote]

:hot:NOoo!:hot: I was looking forward to the CAGcast this week too.

I've got friends from the USA staying with us since last week and I won't have a chance to get to it.[/QUOTE]

In it's place, Wombat and I will be recording play by play action of us playing Bankshot Billiards over Live.

A snippet of what you can expect:

Wombat: Nice shot.
shipwreck: Thanks, I actually meant to do that.
Wombat: woof
shipwreck: Hi Zelda. (Wombat's dog)
Wombat: This High School Musical Soundtrack is really good.
shipwreck: Put Zelda back on.

Curses! Foiled again!

I'll get you next time, CheapyD! NEXT time!

In all seriousness, Wombat should hijack the show this week and produce a Solocast.

I've got friends from the USA staying with us since last week and I won't have a chance to get to it.[/quote]
Just make sure you record an extra long one next week since I'll be going up to Chicago and need something to pass the time.

Intro music ruled this (last) week. Good choice. I did a remix of that song a long time ago.

[quote name='thorbahn3']Good show. Hearing you guys whine about no new marketplace stuff reminds me of those brats on My sweet 16 being pissed their Dad only got them the $15,000 car instead of the $30,000 one.[/QUOTE]
Did their dad promise them the $30,000 one beforehand? I could see the comparison then...

Also Wombat, how dare you call the Sega CD a stupid purchase! That thing was the shit back then.

Fixed.

C'mon man, I got one at Xmas after launch, but even I realized it sucked a few days after I had it. I didn't tell my parents since it cost like $300.

bread's done
Back