The Official Guitar Hero II Thread (80's Edition Confirmed w/initial tracklist!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Update (5/10/07)
Big news! The 80's Edition of Guitar Hero (titled Guitar Hero: Rock the 80's) has been officially announced with an initial group of songs revealed.

I Wanna Rock by Twisted Sister (Master recording)
I Ran by Flock of Seagulls (Master recording)
Round and Round as made famous by Ratt
I Want Candy as made famous by Bow Wow Wow
Metal Health as made famous by Quiet Riot
Holy Diver as made famous by Dio
Heat Of The Moment as made famous by Asia

The list should be at least 30 songs deep by the time it comes out, which will be out by the summer. I'll add to it as they are announced. For now, let's start the speculation!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
In today's Penny Arcade news post, they link to a post on the official Guitar Hero forums that's updated with all of the latest confirmed and rumored info about GHII. I noticed a few interesting rumored songs that I figured you guys would be interested in at least discussing.

Here's the final track list for Guitar Hero II!

Release Dates
Guitar Hero II (w/ Guitar)................11-7-2006 PlayStation 2 US
Guitar Hero II................................11-7-2006 PlayStation 2 US

Confirmed Songs

Opening Licks
1.Shout at the Devil By Motley Crue
2.Mother By Danzig
3.Surrender By Cheap Trick
4.Woman By Wolfmother
5.Tonight I'm Gonna Rock You Tonight By Spinal Tap

Amp Warmers
6.Strutter By Kiss
7.Heart-Shaped Box By Nirvana
8.Message in a Bottle By Police
9.You Really Got Me By Van Halen
10.Carry On Wayward Son By Kansas

String Snappers
11.Monkey Wrench By Foo Fighters
12.Them Bones By Alice in Chains
13.Search and Destroy By Iggy Pop and the Stooges
14.Tattoed Love Boys By Pretenders
15.War Pigs By Black Sabbath

Thrash and Burn
16.Cherry Pie By Warrant
17.Who Was in My Room Last Night By Butthole Surfers
18.Girlfriend By Matthew Sweet
19.Can't You Hear Me Knockin' By Rolling Stones
20.Sweet Child O' Mine By Guns N' Roses

Return of the Shred
21.Killing in the Name By Rage Against the Machine
22.John the Fisherman By Primus
23.Freya By The Sword
24.Bad Reputation By Thin Lizzy
25.Last Child By Aerosmith

Relentless Riffs
26.Crazy on You By Heart
27.Tripping on a Hole in a Paper Heart By Stone Temple Pilots
28.Rock This Town By Stray Cats
29.Jessica By Allman Brothers
30.Stop By Janes Addiction

Furious Fretwork
31.Madhouse By Anthrax
32.Carry Me Home By Living End
33.Laid to Rest By Lamb of god
34.Psychobilly Freakout By Reverend Horton Heat
35.YYZ By Rush

Face-Melters
36.Beast and the Harlot By Avenged Sevenfold
37.Institutionalized By Suicidal Tendencies
38.Misirlou By Dick Dale
39.Hangar 18 By Megadeth
40.Free Bird By Lynyrd Skynyrd

Bonus Tracks:
1.Raw Dog By The Last Vegas
2.One for the Road By the Breaking Wheel
3.Arterial Black By Drist
4.Collide By Anarchy Club
5.Elephant Bones By That Handsome Devil
6.Fall Of Pangea By Valient Thorr
7.FTK By Vagiant
8.Gemini By Brian Kahanek
9.Push Push (Lady Lightning) By Bang Camaro
10.Laughtrack By The Acrobrats
11.Less Talk More Rokk By Freezepop
12.Jordan By Buckethead
13.Mr. Fix-It By The Amazing Royal Crowns
14.The New Black By Every Time I Die
15.Parasite By The Neighborhoods
16.Radium Eyes By Count Zero
17.Red Lottery By Megasus
18.Six By All That Remains
19.Soy Bomb By Honest Bob and the Factory to Dealer Incentives
20.The Light That Blinds By Shadows Fall
21.Thunder Horse By Dethklok
22.Trogdor By StrongBad
23.X-Stream By Voivod
24.Yes We Can By Made in Mexico

I'd definitely love to see the Tenacious D, AC/DC, and Freebird rumors come true.

Crazy Train would be win.

However, they do have Freebird, and The D. (Almost definately gonna be either Tribute, Wonderboy or something new. Tribute would rock.) It really looks like now that they know it'll sell, they're gonna pull an anti-Konami and actually pour money into getting awesome licenses.

That and Tool....@.@ Anymore awesome and my brain just might explode.

I'm glad AC/DC is in it, but I'd rather see something from the Bon Scott era.. like Rocker, Whole Lotta Rosie, Problem Child, or Let There be Rock. Then again.. many other Bon Scott songs would get the game a different ESRB rating :)

'smuch as I like them, there are far better punk rock bands to take songs from than Descendents. Looking at it from a GH player perspective, I could see "Kabuki Girl" being a song, but other than that, there are very few seemingly appropriate songs for it.

Now, if you wanted someone in the same vain, but with better guitar playing, Black Flag would be a shoe-in thanks to Greg Ginn.

I could care less if they include Tool, because I think they're massively overrated and a dreadful band. But, I do know they're massively popular, so if that's what America wants, that's what America gets.

I also wanna slap Buckethead in the fucking cranium. He's so obsessed with his gimmick he makes professional wrestlers look normal by comparison. Nevertheless, many people do like him. Just don't include him, or any other living person for that matter, as a player model.

I want to see more of the rockabilly/psychobilly selection. An older Game Informer had preliminary drawings of new character models, and they had this tall, slim pompadour'd motherfucker lookin' primed to be the 'rockabilly' GH player. The only song I've seen thus far is The Reverend Horton Heat. I'd like to see what they add to that list.

I could also give a very long list of Led Zep songs that would be great (In My Time of Dying would be great), but there's no way that would happen (the only occurance of a Led Zep song being licensed is to Cadillac). I think some pre-death-of-Duane Allman Brothers would be nice too.

I cannot wait....of course, I'd probably buy it even if I didn't like any of the songs in it. But it's good they have stuff I like...

[quote name='Strell']Ugh. Freebird.[/QUOTE]

Oh, blow it out your ass.

It's "Guitar Hero." There are assuredly notoriously cheesy songs. Not liek Yngwie Malmsteen cheesy, but "this will sell the game" cheesy.

Great. Now we've merged the pretentious music asshole with the pretentious gaming asshole.

That having been said, I do agree with you about the song.

[quote name='Bill Hicks'] *

[Crowdmember yells out "Freebird"]

"Please quit yellin' that. It's not funny, it's not clever; it's stupid, it's repetitive. Why the fuck would you continue to yell that? I'm serious.

[Crowdmember yells out "Kevin Matthews"]

Okay, Kevin Matthews. What does that mean now? [voice slowly rising] Now what does it mean? I understand where it comes from, so do you. Now what does it all mean? What is the culmination of yelling that?

[Crowdmember yells out "Jimmy Shorts"]

Jimmy Shorts. He's not here. He's not gonna be here, now what? Now where are we? [voice rises faster Hicks get's down on one knee and speaks directly to audience member] We're here with you interrupting me again, you fucking idiot! That's ... you see where we're at? We're here at the same point again, where you, the fucking peon masses, can once again ruin anyone who tries to do anything because you don't know how to do it on your own! [shouting] That's where we're fuckin' at! Once again, the useless wastes of fucking flesh that has ruined everything good in this goddamn world! That's where we're at! [Hicks lunges toward another section of the audience, almost completely horizontal and on the ground bellows] Hitler had the right idea, he was just an underachiever!

[Runs over to hecklers and screams directly to them]Kill 'em all, Adolf, all of 'em! Jew, Mexican, American, white, kill 'em all! Start over, the experiment didn't work!
[despairingly -- now Hicks is crouched over a chair and directing his energies toward the other section again.] Rain forty days, please fuckin' rain to wash these turds off my fucking life! Wash these human wastes of flesh and bone off this planet! I pray to you, God, to kill these fucking people!

[Crowdmember yells out "Freebird" again]

[utterly deflated] Freebird. [Hicks drops to the floor, mike in hand]

[Hicks sits up]

And in the beginning there was the word "Freebird" and "Freebird" would be yelled throughout the centuries. "Freebird" The mantra of the moron!

[Hicks is on his knees now]

"Freebird", "Freebird", "Freebird", "Freebird" If we keep yelling this, one day we'll be funny, Keep doing it. "Freebird", "Freebird", "Freebird", "Freebird" We will sit at the feet of Kevin Matthews "Freebird", "Freebird", "Freebird"

[audience joins in]

"Free-" I'm feeling enlightened! "Freebird" Oh how holy.

[Hicks gets up]

"Well, I don't think this is going to be a "get-laid" set for me

[dusts dirt off of suit]

so uh,

[laughter]

Well, Bill, good guess. But I'm not leavin', fuckers. As I said...

(The infamous tirade against a heckler repeatedly crying out "Freebird" in Chicago, 1987)[/quote]

[quote name='tli2k']im thinking its gonna be lame pop songs from the 80's. its guitar hero[/quote]

Did you even play the first Guitar Hero?

Freebird's on ok song. I certainly think there are far better songs out there (far, FAR better), but I don't hate it because everyone else loves it, either. *shrugs*

Tool, on the other hand...ugh.

Anyway, Iron Maiden's great, and Tenacious D is an odd choice, but I think it'll be a lot of fun. Now, where's my thrashy Metallica?

[quote name='mykevermin']'smuch as I like them, there are far better punk rock bands to take songs from than Descendents. Looking at it from a GH player perspective, I could see "Kabuki Girl" being a song, but other than that, there are very few seemingly appropriate songs for it.

Now, if you wanted someone in the same vain, but with better guitar playing, Black Flag would be a shoe-in thanks to Greg Ginn.[/QUOTE]

Oh my, YES. Black Flag, please!

If you want to see a list of how to do a Metal/Rock game in general RIGHT in terms of song selections look at NeoDrumX 2nd Mix's list by Omicron.
www.omicron.co.kr/neodrumx/

Includes Metallica, Nirvana, Country Kko Kko, Santana, Black Sabbath(I think), X-Japan, Robert Palmer, etc.

And Myke, here's a link for you you might be interested in: www.kkfi.org/ . Completely Public or rather Community Radio, NOT for profit and not White Cultural Elitist programming like NPR. On Friday 4-6 p.m. CST they play a show called "Rockabilly Mood Swing" featuring Rockbilly music from all around the word.

None of the songs in the OP have been confirmed, but a few new tracks have been announced for GHII:

Stone Temple Pilots - "Trippin' on a Hole in a Paper Heart"
Anthrax - "Madhouse"
Motley Crue - "Shout at the Devil"

More news on the new songs:
The three newly-announced tracks are covers of Stone Temple Pilots' "Trippin' on a Hole in a Paper Heart, Anthrax's "Madhouse" and Motley Crue's "Shout at the Devil". "Trippin' on a Hole in a Paper Heart" is taken from STP's third major-label release "Tiny Music...Songs from the Vatican Gift Shop" and features a bevy of muted chords strummed quickly throughout its verses, making for a fast-paced play. "Madhouse" comes from Anthrax's 1985 release, "Spreading the Disease", and is a great example of Scott Ian's grinding guitar work. The Crue's "Shout at the Devil" appeared on the band's 1983 release of the same name and gives hair metal a proper showing in RedOctane and Harmonix's sequel.

http://ps2.ign.com/articles/721/721965p1.html

[quote name='Strell']*looks*

Still has Freebird.

Ugh.

The three new songs don't really .... appeal, but I'll take'em.[/QUOTE]

Ok, you hate Freebird, we get it.

Count me in with Strell on this. I mean Skynyrd is cool, but I fucking hate Freebird and Simple Man with a god damn passion!

I was at a Boston concert 3 years ago and I swear I heard a drunk as fuck redneck start yelling Freebird. I wanted to so badly lunge from my seat to his and snap his neck like a twig.

Stairway to Heaven I could deal with (which I don't think would happen because of Page), but for fucks sake "JUST SAY NO TO FREEBIRD!!!"

You guys don't like Freebird? What are you, a bunch of communists?

I'll just wait patiently for Strell's 500th variation of a NASCAR insult comeback...

[quote name='RedvsBlue']You guys don't like Freebird? What are you, a bunch of communists?

I'll just wait patiently for Strell's 500th variation of a NASCAR insult comeback...[/QUOTE]

I bet when RvB types a post, he has to shoo away raccoons first.

[quote name='Strell']I bet when RvB types a post, he has to shoo away raccoons first.[/QUOTE]

:whistle2:s

Maybe you should stick to the NASCAR insults, things don't seem to go so well when you venture into unknown territory...

Rumor has it that Harmonix is in negotiations with Scott Stapp to produce "Guitar Hero: Creed Edition" featuring smash hits such as "With arms wide open", and "Can you take me higher?".

[quote name='gofishn']Rumor has it that Harmonix is in negotiations with Scott Stapp to produce "Guitar Hero: Creed Edition" featuring smash hits such as "With arms wide open", and "Can you take me higher?".[/QUOTE]

If this is true, I'm going to come to your house and break both your legs.

Not that you had anything to do with the game, but, y'know, being the one who divulged the information - like what happens to the tobacco company employee who unknowingly assumes the CEO knows tobacco kills you.

[quote name='mykevermin']If this is true, I'm going to come to your house and break both your legs.

Not that you had anything to do with the game, but, y'know, being the one who divulged the information - like what happens to the tobacco company employee who unknowingly assumes the CEO knows tobacco kills you.[/QUOTE]

Bring it on! I'll have Scott Stapp kick your ass. He mows my lawn and washes my car in exchange for a carton of Marlboro Reds a week. I could probably get him to kill someone for a 12 pack of Natty Lite.

I know it's early, might not mean anything. Red Octane put up a pre-order for GH 2 on their website. It mentions what might be the color of the GH 2 bundle guitar.

http://redoctane.com/guitarhero2-bundle.html

This package includes:
1 Guitar Hero II™ Software for Playstation 2
1 Guitar Hero II™ SG Controller (Classic Red) for Playstation 2
Note: This version of Guitar Hero II™ only works for PlayStation 2 Systems with the NTSC U/C Designation (North American PlayStations).

$80 eh? Hmm... y'know, even though I finished every song on Expert at my friend's house, I'm still wanting to pick up the original game along with the guitar... it's just that damn fun.

Oh, and 55+ songs is definitely good. Hopefully the quality of the song choices will be where it should be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back