$5 sale at Best Buy in Lake Forest, CA

blandstalker

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
Stopped by this Best Buy for some GGCs. They had a table in the front with a sign "Video Game Extravaganza". All games were $5, except for double packs, which were $10.

I picked up:

PS2 Nightmare Before Christmas
GC Tak and the Great Juju Challenge
GC Spartan Total Warrior

GBA Yoshi Topsy Turvy
GBA Sigma Star Saga
DS Narnia
DS Prince of Persia Battles

All for $35. The receipt has the original prices, which would have been $170.

There was only one each of the ones above, except for Narnia and someone got the other one.

I also saw

XBOX Total Overdose
XBOX Jade Empire
GBA Rebelstar Tactical Command
GBA Ultimate Spiderman
GBA Spiderman/Spiderman 2
GBA Sonic Adventure/Sonic Pinball
GBA Shrek 2 (game)
GBA Shrek2 (movie)
DS Kirby's Canvas Curse
DS Marvel Rise of the Imperfects
DS Burnout
PSP The Con

lots of not-so-good XBOX games, some PS2 games, few GC games, fair number of GBA titles.

[quote name='allyourblood']wait -- Canvas Curse for $5? you didn't buy it?![/quote]

Seriously. If only the cost of gas to drive there and back weren't $20.

Yeah, go back and grab me tak, yoshi and kirby. I'll cover gas, shipping and.. $10 for your troubles? you can even keep kirby's case. I just lost the cart - stupid ds carts are so incredibly tiny...

[quote name='eldad9']Yeah, go back and grab me tak, yoshi and kirby. I'll cover gas, shipping and.. $10 for your troubles? you can even keep kirby's case. I just lost the cart - stupid ds carts are so incredibly tiny...[/quote]

I've often wondered how similar they are, hardware-wise, to plain ole SD memory cards.

[quote name='eldad9']Yeah, go back and grab me tak, yoshi and kirby. I'll cover gas, shipping and.. $10 for your troubles? you can even keep kirby's case. I just lost the cart - stupid ds carts are so incredibly tiny...[/quote]

I'm sorry, I can't. I'll be essentially out of commision for awhile. I couldn't even get back to the store for about a week.

School's out.

[quote name='allyourblood']wait -- Canvas Curse for $5? you didn't buy it?![/quote]

My thoughts exactly. I assume he already has it, and was just demonstrating more self-control than I ever could.

[quote name='JEKKI']where is lake forest location??

off the 5 somewhere?[/quote]

Between Irvine and Laguna Hills. The Best Buy is at the Lake Forest exit, right near the 5/405 merge.

Almost certainly only this location. They've done unusual video game sales before.

And yes, I already had Kirby Canvas Curse. I know what I could have done with it, but I like to leave something for the next person if I can.

sigh. i drove there today and someone threw something or something hit the top of my car and the moonroof shattered. I got to best buy and i didn't see any $5 games and spartan and nightmare before xmas were all sold out =(

[quote name='Fot49']sigh. i drove there today and someone threw something or something hit the top of my car and the moonroof shattered. I got to best buy and i didn't see any $5 games and spartan and nightmare before xmas were all sold out =([/quote]

that's a double suck. sorry to hear that. here's hoping your weekend improves (hit those CC deals!!!!).

[quote name='blandstalker']Between Irvine and Laguna Hills. The Best Buy is at the Lake Forest exit, right near the 5/405 merge.

Almost certainly only this location. They've done unusual video game sales before.

And yes, I already had Kirby Canvas Curse. I know what I could have done with it, but I like to leave something for the next person if I can.[/QUOTE]I wonder if it's still going on...

I can hit it up, then go to the circuit city the next exit over.

I want Sonic Pinball!!

aiite I am back from my adventures! here's the recap, blog style for those who care!

first off, best Buy had NOTHING! they had ps2 jampack, crash bandicoot, backyard wrestling, and starsky and hutch.

they also had jade empire and pokemon video ($2) if anybody's interested in those.

then I went to the circuit city off el toro, cleaned out (at least of the stuff Im interested in).

so I went to Laguna Hills Mall to get lunch,

I happened to stumble on a closing suncoast in its second to last day of operation!

cd's were $3 each and I found some good ones! I got 6 for under $20:

Prodigal son, beatminerz, cormega, big noyd, d'angelo, and lawless element.

then I ate a burrito, which wasnt very good...

then they had this interesting store called WOW, which was half tower records and half good guys.

the funny thing is the good guys half of the store was empty and blocked off!!

anyway I found something I wanted at tower (OGC) and ended up paying only a buck less than the 6 cds together at suncoast.

anyway now Im back, and dat's my story.

bread's done
Back