Ridge Racer 360 $29.99 Free Shipping Outpost.com

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiidge RRRRRRRRRRRaaaaaaaaaaaaaacer!

Damnit someone beat me to it.

Oh well...

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiidge RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACER!!!!!!!

I thought so. I'm definitely a fan of really arcade-y racers though... this game just feels good to play and it runs smoother than any racing game I've ever seen. There's a demo on live if you want to try it, so I'd do that first. It's definitely not something that'll appeal to everyone and it's certainly less realistic than Gran Turismo or even Project Gotham, but the game is really fun if you're into arcade-style racers.

If you liked previous Ridge Racers specifically and classic arcade racers generally (and I mean real arcade racers, with bright colors, fireworks, dinosaurs and other goofy stuff along the track, etc.), this game is digital crack. My favorite game ever - beat it 100% over 55+ hours. The details MAKE this game - 60 FPS joy, modeled interiors for office buildings you drive by (the interior ceilings have perspective), all sorts of trains, trucks, etc going by on multiple levels of the background, radio relescopes, sweet fake architecture..... But I agree - try the live demo if you can.

Not a fan of the demo, but I enjoy the actual game. Worthwhile for $30, I picked it up during the overstock deal of the day for like $35.

I thought Ridge Racer was only for the Sony system (at least that's what that infamous video led me to believe).

It's been released on other platforms, too... Ridge Racer 64 for the Nintendo 64, Ridge Racer DS for the Nintendo DS, and obviously Ridge Racer 6 for the Xbox 360.

With that said, thanks, OP, for this deal.

I downloaded the demo on Live and hated it........ but for some reason just kept playing it for the hell of it. Ended up buying the game and love it, easily one of my favorites now. Some of the later tracks just blew me away with how fun they were to drive on, the game is about drifting and they definatly refelct that.

[quote name='coolsteel']I downloaded the demo on Live and hated it........ but for some reason just kept playing it for the hell of it. Ended up buying the game and love it, easily one of my favorites now. Some of the later tracks just blew me away with how fun they were to drive on, the game is about drifting and they definatly refelct that.[/QUOTE]

By the way, many people find the cars uncontrollable when they first play because they try dynamic or even standard cars. People trying the game for the first time (via demo or otherwise) should start with a mild car, IMO.

[quote name='gkrykewy']By the way, many people find the cars uncontrollable when they first play because they try dynamic or even standard cars. People trying the game for the first time (via demo or otherwise) should start with a mild car, IMO.[/QUOTE]

Had little to do with the controls, more to do with the track on the demo, which is a pretty ho hum track, nothing special about it , gets the job done sure but not the best one to make people buy the game. The airport or tunnel tracks from the full game wood have been much better choices.

i loved ridge racer on the psp, but i rented this version and didnt really like it.....had i liked it, i would have jumped all over this deal....pretty cheap for a new 360 game.....thanks op

Thanks op. Been waiting for this kind of price drop. Yes I like the ridge racer series.I love DRIFTING............

[quote name='Xevious']I thought Ridge Racer was only for the Sony system (at least that's what that infamous video led me to believe).[/QUOTE]

That's Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiidge Raaaaaaaaaaaaaaacer 7 I think. :)

Love the game but theres one caveat: theres almost no one online. If you're content to buy a racing game that you'll largely play by yourself, jump on this game like yesterday. But if you need online multiplayer you might be better off looking elsewhere.

[quote name='Shaolin']Love the game but theres one caveat: theres almost no one online. If you're content to buy a racing game that you'll largely play by yourself, jump on this game like yesterday. But if you need online multiplayer you might be better off looking elsewhere.[/QUOTE]

I dunno, there seems to always be at least one FULL unranked race happening at any given time.

[quote name='KingDox']I have burnout Revenge for the 360, any chance I'll like RR 6 ?[/QUOTE]

The games are completely different to be honest... there's really not much comparison except that you drive fast in both games. Ridge Racer is best described as Project Gotham 3 in a world where physics don't apply. It's fairly unique as far as racing games go due to its outlandish physics and the only game that really shares many similarities is Outrun.

bread's done
Back