Dead Rising Preorder $47.99 Free Shipping at Outpost

[quote name='Deadpool']Expecially because you wont get it for at least a week after release.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, this is a game I HAVE to get at release.

[quote name='rodeojones903']Yeah, this is a game I HAVE to get at release.[/QUOTE]

Ditto. This game was one of the sole reasons I wanted a 360 in the first place.

[quote name='I AM WILLIAM H. MACY']Incorrect, they're usually gone by the next day or so.

Thanks though, great deal.[/quote]

I guess I didn't word that very well, as the 2nd poster noted, you have to not mind waiting to actually receive the game, but no you can't wait to actually order a game that is coming out over a month from now ;)

Doesn't make much sense. . . I just got a 360 and there isn't much for a while so I bit.

I bought a 360 in anticipation for this, and I don't think I'll find a better deal than this when it comes out, but I'm still not sure I want to bite.

Outpost has great pre-order deals, but they do indeed take a while.

How many times before the 8/8/06(and that date is not set in stone) release date will outpost try and cancel your order?

I have $30 bucks currently on it preordered at GS. But this is a good deal too. I wanted a 360 before I saw this game, but once I saw it, I knew I had to get one just for this game

I would usually order from outpost.com but this is a game I need on day one and have it on pre-order at GS. One on the few games I am really looking foward to playing and one of the reasons I bought a 360 on launch.

Great deal though OP.

[quote name='flybrione']I would usually order from outpost.com but this is a game I need on day one and have it on pre-order at GS. One on the few games I am really looking foward to playing and one of the reasons I bought a 360 on launch.

Great deal though OP.[/QUOTE]

Could you not pre-order from Outpost but then buy it at launch to play at Wal-Mart. And then return the unopened copy back to Wal-Mart for a refund, when you get it from Outpost?

So in the end you get to play it at launch and after the refund from Wal-Mart you will be getting it at the cheaper price from Outpost. The only drawback to this is you will have paid for the game twice untill you get your refund from Wal-Mart.

[quote name='HumanSnatcher']Are these only available with the online preorders?[/QUOTE]

Sometimes you can get them from the B&M Stores but I think most times, at least in my area, the workers snatch up the pre-order freebies.

[quote name='ajh2298']Could you not pre-order from Outpost but then buy it at launch to play at Wal-Mart. And then return the unopened copy back to Wal-Mart for a refund, when you get it from Outpost?

So in the end you get to play it at launch and after the refund from Wal-Mart you will be getting it at the cheaper price from Outpost. The only drawback to this is you will have paid for the game twice untill you get your refund from Wal-Mart.[/QUOTE]

Sneaky and technically legal....yet somehow morally ambiguos. i like it! Substitute Best Buy though, no Walmarts in Chicago.

[quote name='ajh2298']Could you not pre-order from Outpost but then buy it at launch to play at Wal-Mart. And then return the unopened copy back to Wal-Mart for a refund, when you get it from Outpost?

So in the end you get to play it at launch and after the refund from Wal-Mart you will be getting it at the cheaper price from Outpost. The only drawback to this is you will have paid for the game twice untill you get your refund from Wal-Mart.[/quote]

Yeah, that's what I did with the Oblivion CE and that's what I'm going to do with Dead Rising. The best of both worlds! Early and cheap!

[quote name='kapkorn']do they charge you before it ships?[/QUOTE]

I PO'd Prey recently and was charged at the time of ordering...

Looks like this is dead already. :(

I havent gotten charged yet, for those that got charged did you use a Debit or Credit card? Debit cards always seem to get charged to make sure there are enough funds.

[quote name='kapkorn']I havent gotten charged yet, for those that got charged did you use a Debit or Credit card? Debit cards always seem to get charged to make sure there are enough funds.[/QUOTE]

i used a Debit card.

[quote name='phreak5k']The deal is dead, back up to $59.99.[/quote]

i just checked the link right now and it's back to sale price of 47.99

If you used a debit card it might just be a pre-authorization that will fall off in a few days depending on your bank. People and banks not understanding pre-authorizations unfairly give debit cards a bad name.

[quote name='RonnieWrecked']i got charged already.[/QUOTE]
I have always usually credit cards with them and never gotten charged until the game actually shipped. But you said you used a Debit Card so that is why.

It's indeed dead.

The product page says $47.99, but adding it to your cart changes it to $59.99.

I'm hoping to get a good deal in the weekly ads when it comes out, anyway.

[quote name='Madskills1182']But you said you used a Debit Card so that is why.[/quote]

Did you read the post right before yours? 99% chance he didn't get "charged" anyway. :roll: Outpost doesn't even know if your card is debit or credit unless you tell them yourself, so they aren't doing anything different, blame your bank or your lack of knowledge of pre-authorizations.

bread's done
Back