Persistence does not always pay off: Stalker waits under bed for two days.

Quillion

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/strange/news-article.aspx?storyid=59850

WASHINGTON D.C. -- A stalker hid under a woman's bed for two days -- just for the chance to be alone with her. How he got the keys to her house is the scariest part, and it's a serious reminder of the need to be cautious before handing over your keys.

The disturbing video shows the convicted stalker carefully hiding his video camera on a desk in the victim's bedroom. When he hears the woman and her boyfriend come in the apartment, he disappears under her bed. Carlo Castellanos-Feria remained there for two days until he was discovered by the victim's boyfriend.

"In a lot of ways, [it's the] stuff of an urban nightmare," said Ken Wainstein, U.S. Attorney.

The nightmare started at Holy Cross Hospital where the victim met her stalker who was working as a parking valet. In court, the victim told the judge that the discovery of the valet in her bedroom was in her words -- a horrible experience.

"Her life is dramatically changed. She is fearful when she hears strange noises she doesn't know where they are coming from. Her husband, who was her boyfriend at the time of the incident, now has to be careful not to approach her from behind because it just startles her," said Keri Barta, prosecutor.

Moments before he was sentenced, Castellanos-Feria apologized:

"I fell madly in love and that blinded my judgment. I beg your forgiveness."

Judge Herbert Dixon handed down a three-year sentence, including treatment for mental illness and sex crimes. Court documents show the Hyattsville man had a change of clothes, condoms, a power cord and latex gloves with him under victims bed at the time of his arrest. He was a parking valet with an unnerving obsession.

"He got access to her keys. He then took that opportunity to get those keys copied. That's something we should all think about next time we leave our keys somewhere," said Ken wainstein, U.S. attorney.

When investigators searched Carlo Castellanos-Feria's home, they found vacation photos of his victim and a wedding video. Investigators later determined the items were stolen from her ex-husband's home.

No picture of her. I hope she was worth it.

If there is a better excuse to have a low-to-the-ground bed, I've never heard it. And that Humans Can Lick Too thing is all kinds of sick. I love it. *checks under bed*

If they were home for two days straight, how did they not catch him? Eventually he would've had to either piss/shit his pants, or use a bathroom... Both would smell, and he'd have to flush if he used the bathroom.

I dunno, I think I've gone 2 days without pissing or shitting before. And I wasn't even hiding under someone's bed. Just in their back seat is all...

[quote name='Purple Flames']Sorta reminds me of the urban legend "Humans Can Lick Too"[/quote]

lighton.jpg

Thats an image from one of the strips from the comic strip book 'The Big Book of Urban Legends'. I'd reccomend the book if you can find it...

BTW, interesting story. It's one of those if you told someone that they probably woulden't believe you.

[quote name='HumanSnatcher']This is why I would totaly refuse to use a valet service. That and doesn't anyone remember the scenes from xXx and Face/Off?[/quote]

No.

In xXx, a Corvette was stolen from a senator or something and drove off with it as soon as he got the keys. And if Face/Off, when Travoltas "character", who looks like Nick Cage steals a car by grabing a key from a valet storage box, and using the alarm to find the car...

Let's not forget Ferris Bueller's Day Off. Talk about a movie that changed the minds of millions regarding valet.

Edit: you gotta be shitting me. :lol:

[quote name='Ugamer_X']Let's not forget Ferris Bueller's Day Off. Talk about a movie that changed the minds of millions regarding valet.

Edit: you gotta be shitting me. :lol:[/quote]
:rofl:

Im like wondering what was so amazing that anyone could stalk someone after they hand them there keys and walk away lol.
Maybe he REALY liked her key chain.

This is pretty scary. I work in most of the DC/Baltimore area hospitals and I can't even tell you how many times I've walked past the valets at Holy Cross! I've probably seen the dude who did this. Scary.

Oh yeah, power cord?

[quote name='ramatut4001']
Oh yeah, power cord?[/quote]

Condom + Power Cord + Latex Gloves = Rape most likely.

Lucky for her her boyfriend didn't go out for smokes or something...

He probably remembered the cord, but forgot the "16 Inch Power Penis!" You know, the one guaranteed to make her scream. In either ecstasy or pain.

bread's done
Back