HDLOADER NO MORE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jkam

CAGiversary!
Feedback
260 (100%)
It appears the site is gone and HDLoader will no longer be sold. Get your copy now if you haven't already!

Wow, that was fast. Usually the turnaround on this kind of legal proceeding is much longer...

I remember Bleem! holding out for a good long while after Sony first started beating them over the head with their legal stick.

This is fast! The HDloader should have made a deal with Sony, something like have the software check for the disk before it loads games from the HDD, if something like that is possible. Then you would have to own the game.

[quote name='Kaijufan']This is fast! The HDloader should have made a deal with Sony, something like have the software check for the disk before it loads games from the HDD, if something like that is possible. Then you would have to own the game.[/quote]

Then you'd still have to swap the discs! That would suck!

[quote name='Scorch']stop.. encouraging.. piracy..[/quote]

Stop... whining... about... stuff... that... can... be... used... for... legitimate... purposes...

I don't use mine to pirate games, I own every game I put on my HDD. I use it to speed load times and decrease the amount of time needed to swap games in-and-out. I'm lazy, and this facilitates my laziness.

As someone who didn't use this tool to pirate any games, but really, really enjoyed the load time boost, this saddens me.

[quote name='Scorch']stop.. encouraging.. piracy..[/quote]

im sorry i wasnt aware putting games i own ON my system so i dont have to have all my discs here at school with me was piracy....silly me

Hey punqsux, just wondering, what's up with your sig? Did Capcom really make that screen, or did someone just add "Winners Don't Do Drugs"?

Oh well, I'll enjoy mine until the disc wears out. By then the several homebrew projects creating the same functions should have come to fruition. If any of them support memory card offloading I'll swithc to that.

[quote name='FatBoyInside']HDAdvance is coming soon ... same functionality, but increased compatibility and more. No need to worry, fellas.[/quote]

Interesting...is it the same people I wonder? I must research this for curiousity if nothing else. Where did you get info on it?

Wow, so it's even a more controversial product then, these are some people with a lot of testicular fortitude to go up against Sony twice then.

The site is suspiciously similar with much of the text identical. They've added a few features but none of the problems have been overcome.

Looking at the linked http://www.chip-factory.com/index.asp
I see they refer to it as if its the same people as HDLoader.

The new features are of no use to me but it's good to see the essential functions are still available. If you can figure out how to actually buy anything from that site.

Wow that's a retail site? what do you pay for the product descriptions cuz I don't see an way to physocally purchase anything. No cart, no checkout, nothin'.

Edit: And yeah they didn't really fix any of the problems. If they made it compatible with PS1 titles, then it would be worth of my time. Searching through 75 or so titles isn't that much fun, plus the load times for PS1 games even on a PS2 are too long.

[quote name='Duo_Maxwell']Wow that's a retail site? what do you pay for the product descriptions cuz I don't see an way to physocally purchase anything. No cart, no checkout, nothin'.

Edit: And yeah they didn't really fix any of the problems. If they made it compatible with PS1 titles, then it would be worth of my time. Searching through 75 or so titles isn't that much fun, plus the load times for PS1 games even on a PS2 are too long.[/quote]

PS1 compatibility is flat out impossible. The PS1 doesn't know about the PS2 IDE controller and there is no way to add it without breaking a major portion, possibly a majority, of the library.

I'd be vastly more interested in 1) support for larger than 120 GB drives via a secondary partition, and 2) being able to copy memory card files to and from that secondary partition.

well the 127 gb i think is enough but yea backing up saves to it would be nice as well as ps1games..

but then again that why i got the official hd as well.

I want the HDAdvance also but I don't know if it can be trusted. www.hdadvance.com has links of 2 sites that says it sells it, one of which is that chip-factory.com. Linker4U doesn't have HDAdvance anywhere on their site and I cannot find anywhere on chip-factory on how to order stuff from there.

I'm wondering if I should get HDLoader tho, would like to play RE:Outbreak on it.

I have the HDLoader and I love it. Got two just in case.

The main reason I got it is so that I don't have to have my disks in an accessible location. My 3 year old loves to climb up and grab them and run around with the disks.

I really wished that the loader would have added the ability to put images into the list so that children can find them. The XBox loader I run does and it allows the youngin to pick out his games, since he can't quite read yet.

Oh, and before you ask... I compiled the XBox loader myself with the Open Source SDK. Not the illegal pre-compiled ones that use the MS XBox SDK.

Not that I would ever condone using a product that Sony had banned, nor would I admit to having a hard drive in my PS2 which would load games lickety-split assuming I had a hard drive and hdloader which of course I don't since I'd never do such a thing, but if you are looking for hdloader you can still find them. They're still selling on ebay, and there are some sketchy web sites that sell them. Just search at froogle.com or groups.google.com to see where others have bought it.

I definitely without a doubt do not have hdloader or a Maxtor 120g hard drive in my ps2. I guess I just somehow happen to know where they're still being sold. 'O:) 'O:) 'O:)

keep trying everyone your never going to stop piracy. I have every right though as a consumer who legitimally buys these games to backup my original games, just because i want them to load faster. fuck you sony, fuck you microsoft, i'm glad everything i own is modded beotches.

mn

[quote name='saigumi']I have the HDLoader and I love it. Got two just in case.

The main reason I got it is so that I don't have to have my disks in an accessible location. My 3 year old loves to climb up and grab them and run around with the disks.

I really wished that the loader would have added the ability to put images into the list so that children can find them. The XBox loader I run does and it allows the youngin to pick out his games, since he can't quite read yet.

Oh, and before you ask... I compiled the XBox loader myself with the Open Source SDK. Not the illegal pre-compiled ones that use the MS XBox SDK.[/quote]

Three is old enough to start learning to read and you've got the perfect reward to catch his interest. Look upon it as an opportunity.

So where are you supposed to buy the HDAdvance? I've looked around and couldn't find any place to buy it. Should I just get an HDLoader at consolesource before it disappears or hope some place actually sells HDAdvance later?

[quote name='Battousai1002']So where are you supposed to buy the HDAdvance? I've looked around and couldn't find any place to buy it. Should I just get an HDLoader at consolesource before it disappears or hope some place actually sells HDAdvance later?[/quote]

A Google search for 'buy HDAdvance' brings up consolesource.com even though I couldn't find it on the site. They do claim to still have HDLoader though and the new HDAdvance features don't strike as very useful so you might as well go with HDLoader from consolesource.com. THey're pretty slow on shipping but their price is good and they take PayPal.

dam i would go to the main site for the compatability list...

anyone know where to get a compatability list for hdloader??

also has anyone gotten their copy of smackdown shut your mouth to work? mine wont boot up even with different modes selected

I won mine off of ebay a month ago and the fucking thing still hasn't arrived. Now I am moving this weekend and won't be here to get it. The guy claims he sent me the product but has no record of the shipment. Can you say paypal refund?

Its not the same guy thats trying to sell it for $70+ on ebay is it? Are you still able to get your refund even after a month long? Whats the maximum date that you can get refund with paypal?

ConsoleSource.com today sent me a email announcing that when their current inventory was gone there would be no more. It made no mention of HDAdvance but did include a $5 discount code and since I have some PayPal cash burning a hole in my virtual pocket I ordered two units.

My cost should be about $36 for each one including shipping, so I should have one available for sale or trade in about two weeks.

[quote name='guyver2077']dam i would go to the main site for the compatability list...

also has anyone gotten their copy of smackdown shut your mouth to work? mine wont boot up even with different modes selected[/quote]

This is the best list I've found:

http://www.liquidcel.com/fat/HDLoaderCL.pdf

[quote name='epobirs']ConsoleSource.com today sent me a email announcing that when their current inventory was gone there would be no more. It made no mention of HDAdvance but did include a $5 discount code and since I have some PayPal cash burning a hole in my virtual pocket I ordered two units.

My cost should be about $36 for each one including shipping, so I should have one available for sale or trade in about two weeks.[/quote]

I noticed that the coupon expires tomorrow...nice to see the give me a whole day to use it.

I bought a few copies of HDLoader online the same day hdloader.com died, but later on I read that there may be some fake copies floating around. The ones I bought *do* work in my PS2 (they install and load games) and I don't have a modded PS2, so I don't see how the CDs could be CD-Rs. Is there any way to tell whether the ones I have are legit? By legit I mean produced by the company that originally made HDLoader, although for all I know there could be several legit manufacturers of the cd.

I was gonna sell or trade them but don't want problems for having fake copies, but I don't know if I have fake copies or not.

[quote name='BigHow'][quote name='guyver2077']dam i would go to the main site for the compatability list...

also has anyone gotten their copy of smackdown shut your mouth to work? mine wont boot up even with different modes selected[/quote]

http://www.liquidcel.com/fat/HDLoaderCL.pdf[/quote]

thanks ill check it...is there like a site thats updating this list?

[quote name='guyver2077'][quote name='BigHow'][quote name='guyver2077']dam i would go to the main site for the compatability list...

http://www.liquidcel.com/fat/HDLoaderCL.pdf[/quote]

thanks ill check it...is there like a site thats updating this list?[/quote]

Not sure. I pulled it off a forum on the HDLoader.net page.

[quote name='zewone'][quote name='imacheapasstoo']I was gonna sell or trade them but don't want problems for having fake copies, but I don't know if I have fake copies or not.[/quote]

http://www.ps2ownz.com/modules.php?name=News&file=showarticle&threadid=22465

Check out this to check.[/quote]

Crap. The only thing I can see is that there are UPC symobols on the insert, but that doesn't mean everything else is legit. By looking at the pictures they posted at that site, I can't tell if the cd and manual that I have are fake or not. Thanks for the links though. I'll just look for more info before I decide what to do with them.

[quote name='Indiana']I think sony paid them to "go out of business"... Money Talks.[/quote]

Somehow I think if Sony paid them off there would be a contract involved that prevented them from almost immediately offering an almost identical product under a new name.

www.hdadvance.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back