The Right Stuf Anime Sale Thread, 40% off all Bandai DVDs (Updated 09/28/06)

SlaughterX

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (90%)
Here is a list of some of the great deals you can get from The Right Stuf. I mostly pick out the box sets and such,,,

3x3 Eyes Collection $39*
Angelic Layer Box Set $30
Banner of the Stars Complete Collection $24
Blue Gender Complete Collection $35
Cardcaptor Sakura Mega Bundle (Vols. 1-18) $80
Cardcaptor Sakura The Movie $18
Daichis, The Dysfunctional Bundle (1-3) $30
Dragon Ball GT: DVD Box 3 (Vols 11-15) $40
Dragon Ball Z: Kid Buu Box Set $40
Eden's Bowy Complete Collection $24
The Vision of Escaflowne Complete Collection $30*
Final Fantasy Unlimited Collection $30
Gatchaman: Collector's Edition Bundle $120
Gatchaman: Collector's Edition Box 8 $21
Genshiken Premium Collection $35
Gokudo Collection $40
Gravion Zwei Complete Collection $24
Gun X Sword Vol.1 + Art Box $24
Gundam SEED The Movie $18
Gundam Zeta Limited Box Set $80*
Hand Maid May Box Set + Extras CD-ROM [Limited] $30
He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Season 1 $30
Ikki-Tousen Box Set $49
Infinite Ryvius Box Set $35
Initial D Special Edition (Live Action) $12
Kimagure Orange Road Movie $12
Kimagure Orange Road Movie OVA 1 $12
Kimagure Orange Road Movie OVA 2 $12
Kimagure Orange Road TV Series Bargain Bundle Set $125
Licensed by Royalty (L/R) Bundle (1-4) + Audio CD $35
Macross, Super Dimension Fortress Vol. 1 + Artbox $10
Magic Knight Rayearth Economy Box 1 $24
Mahoromatic DVD/CD Bargain Bundle $40
Marmalade Boy Ultimate Collection 3 Box Set $60
Mythical Detective Loki Ragnarok Vol. 1: God & Detectives + Artbox $10
Neo Ranga Collection $35
Neon Genesis Evangelion Platinum Complete Collection $49*
Nuku Nuku Dash Collection $20
Now and Then, Here and There Box Set $21
Patlabor TV Series Collection 2 ( Vols. 5-8) $24
Patlabor: The Movie 2 DVD Collector's Limited Edition Set + Books $60
Peacemaker Complete Collection $49
Please Teacher Box Set Limited Edition w/CD $30
RahXephon Complete Collection $49
Read or Die TV Series Mega Bundle (Vols. 1-7 +2 OSTs) $80
Sadamitsu the Destroyer Complete Collection $18
Saber Marionette J - Ultimate Collection Set $70
Saint Seiya Collection 2 (Episodes 31-60) $30
Sakura Diaries Collector's Edition $25
Sakura Taisen: Ecole de Paris $18
Samurai Champloo Box Set $120*
Samurai X: Director's Cut Collection $25*
Scrapped Princess Vol. 1: Family Ties + Figure (Limited Edition) $30
Seven Samurai (Live Action 3-Disc Edition) $30
Shadow Star Narutaru Collection $30
Super Gals Box Set $27
Tenchi in Tokyo Bundle (Vols. 1-8) $60
Tenchi Universe Box Set $50*
Tsukikage Ran: Carried by the Wind Complete Collection $24
Twelve Kingdoms Premium Box Set 1 (Vols. 1-5) $60
Utena, Revolutionary Girl Box 1: The Rose Collection $24
Wedding Peach Collection 1 $20
Wrath of the Ninja Collector's Edition $15
Yu Yu Hakusho First Battles (Eps 1-14) + Keychain $20

Go here for all the Weekly Specials...

We've got two options available for you, get 10 great Geneon releases for $50 OR get 25 Geneon releases for $100! You don't even have to work the numbers to see how much you can save! Plus, don't forget that both offers will net you free economy shipping!

10 Item Coupon Code: BOUNTY10
25 Item Coupon Code: BOUNTY25
Expires: 10/1/06 at 11:59 P.M. CST

From now until October 8th, 2006 - get at least 40% OFF Retail price on all Bandai DVDs and 33% OFF on all CDs and Graphic Novels! *Certain restrictions apply, see bottom of the Right Stuf main page for details.
Coupon Code: skysurf
Expires: 10/08/06 at 11:59 P.M. CST

(excludes weekly specials and other already heavily discounted items)

*Means personally reccomended by ME! :D

Yeah they both have their own threads so I thought this should too... No one would know it was on sale by just looking at the title...

The Chobits complete collection is only $52 shipped. Dont know why these all cant be consolidated under a "Right stuf" thread, but ah well.

[quote name='Bezerker']The Chobits complete collection is only $52 shipped. Dont know why these all cant be consolidated under a "Right stuf" thread, but ah well.[/quote]

They could be, but I don't want to manage it anymore. It was too difficult and too much time for me to do it and I just can't anymore. If someone else would like to start one and manage it, then that would be great. Perhaps Cheapy can get in touch with Rightstuf and maybe have him hook up the site with updates, etc. since us CAGs seem to buy qutie a bit of Anime as well.

Its $52 after the 20% off code.

*EDIT*

Looks like they fixed it so you cant use the coupon, now i wish i had gotten it.

I'm a casual anime watcher. I like action based stuff like Naruto and Full Metal Alchemist. Would the $25 be worth it for Serial Experiments Lain for someone like me?

[quote name='Maklershed']I'm a casual anime watcher. I like action based stuff like Naruto and Full Metal Alchemist. Would the $25 be worth it for Serial Experiments Lain for someone like me?[/quote]

Lain is more sci-fi/computer driven than action driven. I thought it was imaginative and thought-provoking, and had great atmosphere. My only complaint about it is its sometimes glacial pace. If action is important to you, I would pass.

If you like cyberpunk or stories that deal with human/machine interactions, you might think about it some more. It's definitely a good value.

[quote name='Maklershed']I'm a casual anime watcher. I like action based stuff like Naruto and Full Metal Alchemist. Would the $25 be worth it for Serial Experiments Lain for someone like me?[/QUOTE]
Doubtful, for the reasons blandstalker listed. Inu Yasha or Gungrave would likely be more up your alley.

[quote name='Maklershed']I'm a casual anime watcher. I like action based stuff like Naruto and Full Metal Alchemist. Would the $25 be worth it for Serial Experiments Lain for someone like me?[/quote]

No, I would suggest checking out the Samurai X Collection...

I should relay the message here from my credit card

"Dear rightstuf, between you, DDD, and Buyright, I would like to say fuck you"

Anyone think the Rurouni Kenshin Economy Box sets are worth picking up? Looks like the first three seasons are available for $52/$58/$52 with the got anime discount. If not, is there a better (read: cheaper) way to get into the series? Guile had posted a while back about a Walmart sale for season 1 (link) but I wasn't around.

I've been waiting for a decent price on the Jojo box set. It's a damn good manga, and a pretty good anime.

Also, anyone know about how long the weekly specials last?

It's not for the whole set, just the first vol. w/ the box (which is normally almost twice that price). Don't count on ever finding the entire set for cheap. I bit the bullet and ordered the rest of the vols. I was missing recently. I'd rather pay a little under retail now than more that the retail value for a used copy later, which is probably what's going to happen to this series since it doesn't seem like many people know what it is, let alone buys it...

Yeah, I know it's just the first volume with the box, but that's still a good/decent price. Almost everywhere the prices for Jojo are insanely high, and to think that there's only 13 episodes in the whole damn thing.

The Weekly Specials last for a week (and some titles like Gungrave and Tenchi-which I bought both-last until they sell out).

On the other hand, you may want to list Gatchaman on your little list. 34.99 for 8 Volumes is a HUGE deal.

[quote name='godhatesjustyou']I've been waiting for a decent price on the Jojo box set. It's a damn good manga, and a pretty good anime.

Also, anyone know about how long the weekly specials last?[/QUOTE]

A week? Actually from the Thursday they are put up to the Thursday they are taken down. Some may last longer until stock has depleted as it seems.

[quote name='Fire']A week? Actually from the Thursday they are put up to the Thursday they are taken down. Some may last longer until stock has depleted as it seems.[/QUOTE]

Some items are temporary one week sales, other's are clearences. Usally when they add an Item counter it typically means it's on clearence.

[quote name='SlaughterX']Updated, everyone who doesn't already own that Berserk box set needs to BUY IT NOW![/QUOTE]

Still too expensive for me at $80. I can't spend that money after rightstuf, ddd, CC, etc.

[quote name='eau']This one is only $22.99 at Best Buy B&M.[/QUOTE]

Oh, do they still have it? The web site has something at that price, but I'm not sure if it's the tin edition. If it is, obviously forget mine then (I'd still trade it for something else though)

[quote name='eldad9']Oh, do they still have it? The web site has something at that price, but I'm not sure if it's the tin edition. If it is, obviously forget mine then (I'd still trade it for something else though)[/quote]

I doubt any BB still has it, but I believe that the price of $22 was only reflected in store and this was a while back now. I picked it up for $22 and Dai Gard at the time of which I've only seen Dai Gard and still need to open my Gunparade March tin.

New coupon code at Right Stuf:

From now until July 16th, 2006 - get an 40% OFF Retail price on all Media Blasters, Tokyo Shock, and Kitty Media DVDs and 33% OFF on ALL Media Blasters books and other merchandise!

*Certain restrictions
The following restrictions apply to all coupons unless otherwise noted: Items already heavily discounted (weekly specials, bargain bin items, closeout items, and specialty imports items) are excluded from coupon discounts. Orders must be completed through our online store at www.rightstuf.com. Items that are on special or are excluded from additional discounts do not count toward coupon dollar amount requirements. Only one coupon or gift certificate may be applied to each order. Canceling or revising your order may affect its eligibility for the coupon.

Coupon Code: geek
Expires: 7/16/06 at 11:59 P.M. CST

[quote name='Bezerker']OP might wanna change the topic title now that Berserk is only $53 shipped.[/quote]

Yaeh, but not the Premium set.

[quote name='Mike UFC']New coupon code at Right Stuf:

From now until July 16th, 2006 - get an 40% OFF Retail price on all Media Blasters, Tokyo Shock, and Kitty Media DVDs and 33% OFF on ALL Media Blasters books and other merchandise!

*Certain restrictions
The following restrictions apply to all coupons unless otherwise noted: Items already heavily discounted (weekly specials, bargain bin items, closeout items, and specialty imports items) are excluded from coupon discounts. Orders must be completed through our online store at www.rightstuf.com. Items that are on special or are excluded from additional discounts do not count toward coupon dollar amount requirements. Only one coupon or gift certificate may be applied to each order. Canceling or revising your order may affect its eligibility for the coupon.

Coupon Code: geek
Expires: 7/16/06 at 11:59 P.M. CST
[/QUOTE]

I'm about to use this code to get the 3 Rurouni Kenshin economy boxes. I figured I'd go ahead & sign up for Got Anime too, since the membership is $12 and it will save me $15 on this order (I looked and didn't see anything that indicated I couldn't use that discount on these sets). Anyone know how long it takes for this membership to kick in? I ordered it last night, and I'm obviously waiting for it to place the RK order.

[quote name='argyle']I'm about to use this code to get the 3 Rurouni Kenshin economy boxes. I figured I'd go ahead & sign up for Got Anime too, since the membership is $12 and it will save me $15 on this order (I looked and didn't see anything that indicated I couldn't use that discount on these sets). Anyone know how long it takes for this membership to kick in? I ordered it last night, and I'm obviously waiting for it to place the RK order.[/QUOTE]

If you ordered the Got Anime membership with another item, it will come when the other item ships.

If you ordered it alone, it may not go through- I'm not sure if they ship that by itself.

More importantly, if you ordered it alone, cancel that order!!! Then re-buy it in the same order as the Kenshin boxsets, using 'newmember' for your membership number. They'll apply the discount to your boxes and send your card along with them.

Keep in mind, when you place your orders, it won't show the GA discount on the webpage at any point- you won't know for certain how much GA took off till your order confirm email comes- and then only the 'you got $$$ off' message at the bottom. You gotta do the math yourself (or wait for your Order Status page to update, which takes a few days.)

[quote name='DuelLadyS']If you ordered the Got Anime membership with another item, it will come when the other item ships.

If you ordered it alone, it may not go through- I'm not sure if they ship that by itself.

More importantly, if you ordered it alone, cancel that order!!! Then re-buy it in the same order as the Kenshin boxsets, using 'newmember' for your membership number. They'll apply the discount to your boxes and send your card along with them.

Keep in mind, when you place your orders, it won't show the GA discount on the webpage at any point- you won't know for certain how much GA took off till your order confirm email comes- and then only the 'you got $$$ off' message at the bottom. You gotta do the math yourself (or wait for your Order Status page to update, which takes a few days.)[/QUOTE]

Well, I got it worked out by contacting their customer support. Very odd way of handling that membership imo, but oh well.

I just got my email confirming shipment, but it's showing seasons 2&3 of RK are on backorder. How is RightStuff with backorders? Does that just mean they'll be delayed a few days, or will I never see them? :whistle2:(

[quote name='Bezerker']If they're anything like their parent company, it'll probably be a few months.[/QUOTE]

? What do you mean by TRSI's "parent company?"

[quote name='fujishig']? What do you mean by TRSI's "parent company?"[/quote]

ADV, though the only time i've ordered from ADV is during the clearance sale. When one of my DVDs was backordered it took about 3 months to get it.

bread's done
Back