Looking for a Unique door lock

Dragonsbane

CAGiversary!
Feedback
40 (100%)
My room has a set of doors to it and I was looking for a lock for them. They are side by side and open inward. If anyone has any ideas, my brother seems to like to raid my room for random shit and I am getting tired of it.

That is cool, but the thing is the traditional lock wont work my doors are like this
I l I the middle is where they open in so, the door would just crack i9f someone tried to open it with a traditional lock in teh middle.

what you have to do is make one side of the double doors that you have "inactive" which is done by flush bolts or cremone bolts. These bolts engage into the floor and into the jamb head and lock the door in place. Intall these on the inside of your room. Once ingaged you can then lock the other door with any sort of bolt, doorknob, hook or whatever. This allows you to go in and out just the one door, but when you have to move out something big you disengage the bolts and use both doors. PM me if you want to go into further detail. I am a designer at a custom door company and have seen it all.

[quote name='mingleje']what you have to do is make one side of the double doors that you have "inactive" which is done by flush bolts or cremone bolts. These bolts engage into the floor and into the jamb head and lock the door in place. Intall these on the inside of your room. Once ingaged you can then lock the other door with any sort of bolt, doorknob, hook or whatever. This allows you to go in and out just the one door, but when you have to move out something big you disengage the bolts and use both doors. PM me if you want to go into further detail. I am a designer at a custom door company and have seen it all.[/quote]

Awesome idea. I

[quote name='mingleje']what you have to do is make one side of the double doors that you have "inactive" which is done by flush bolts or cremone bolts. These bolts engage into the floor and into the jamb head and lock the door in place. Intall these on the inside of your room. Once ingaged you can then lock the other door with any sort of bolt, doorknob, hook or whatever. This allows you to go in and out just the one door, but when you have to move out something big you disengage the bolts and use both doors. PM me if you want to go into further detail. I am a designer at a custom door company and have seen it all.[/QUOTE]
the only problem with that is the door way is only slightly larger than a average door way so I would have to slide in to my room everytime.

Sounds like you have a double door in a single door opening. What is the width of the total opening, and each door? It might be as easy as putting a larger door that you can lock in it instead of having the two. You would just have to patch the hinges on one side. Or am I going to far? Either way lemme know the sizes I still have more tricks up my sleeve.

Okay I'm not entirely sure how to describe this one but here goes...

I've seen this in a lot of hotel rooms but basically on one door there is a metal ball on a rod, on the other door is a metal loop that goes over the ball and allows the door to open slightly when pushed but then stops, I think that this would work well in your situation.

I think the point is to lock it when he is gone, not lock himself in it so the hotel thing won't work. Correct me if I am wrong

:whistle2:s
krypto.jpg

Ok, you guys are correct, it is a normal door opening and I have 2 half doors in it. Actually the doos started life as a folding door at the top of my stairs but I repurposed them for my room.

bread's done
Back