Hastings B2G1 Free used games/dvds/cds starts today

just so you know it isn't buy 2 get one 1 free its buy 2 get one for a penny :p not free though. Just wish they would still have the 30% off used dvds and then do the buy 2 get 1 free OMG I would have a ton :)

thanks op, went in today and was able to pick up mgs3: subsistance, mario party 7, and phoenix wright for 49 dollars :D

Along with this sale my Hastings has a decent selection of clearenced accesories for most systems including stuff for GBA Micro and PSP. I grabbed a NGC Desert Cammo skin for $2.50 and they had a few other skins for the main consoles for $2.50 - $5.

I may have to check out this Hastings deal over here down 41-A.
Hastings usually has some strange used prices on games. I've seen King Kong for 52 used, and then DOA4 for 35 used. Doesn't make sense to me, but I'll have to check it out.

I just came from my hastings and they said that special is valid only on previous rented items. They wouldn't sell me the games that people traded in. The prevous rentals show PV or PVT on the sticker, while the ones people traded in don't show anything. This is the first time I have encountered this. I may try calling the headquarters tomorrow to see if this is true. It was very disappointing because only a small percentage of the used was previous rentals, and they are usually in bad shape.

[quote name='tight_s10']I just came from my hastings and they said that special is valid only on previous rented items. They wouldn't sell me the games that people traded in. The prevous rentals show PV or PVT on the sticker, while the ones people traded in don't show anything. This is the first time I have encountered this. I may try calling the headquarters tomorrow to see if this is true. It was very disappointing because only a small percentage of the used was previous rentals, and they are usually in bad shape.[/QUOTE]

You have been bullshitted. If you would like a copy of the ad I'll be more than happy to scan it for you. Nowhere in the fine print does it state anything about it only being on previous rentals. I'd give them a call. 1-877-427-8464

ya youve been bullshitted man, i bought regular used titles, not previously rented titles... they said i couldnt get 30 percent off boxed-cd sets though.

[quote name='markingsmart']You have been bullshitted. If you would like a copy of the ad I'll be more than happy to scan it for you. Nowhere in the fine print does it state anything about it only being on previous rentals. I'd give them a call. 1-877-427-8464[/QUOTE]
It will not work on Previous Rentals.

At the Hastings I go to, this is standard store deal. It's not advertised, but they always give it to you. That is, the buy 2 Previous Rentals get one for a penny/free is always on. However, it will not work on used (which are in much better condition and have no stickers), which are of much less abundance then used. The UPC sticker will actually says "Used" or "Previous Rental" on them.

Edit: Sorry, got mixed up. I must need more sleep.

[quote name='b3b0p']It will not work on Previous Rentals.

At the Hastings I go to, this is standard store deal. It's not advertised, but they always give it to you. That is, the buy 2 used get one for a penny/free is always on. However, it will not work on previous rentals, which are of much more abundance then used. The UPC sticker will actually says "Used" or "Previous Rental" on them.[/QUOTE]

This is all sorts of weird. You're saying this promotion is always on @ your store, but not on previous rentals, a guy above us says it's only valid on previous rentals and yet I managed to pick up three games (used & previous rental) with no problem.

I will say that the ad in the paper says "ALL Used Video Games", so I dunno.

Both used and previous rentals work for this deal in my area. Too bad they don't have many Gamecube, GBA, or DS games. Loaded with PS2 and X-box though.

Although I went to check out the games, I ended taking advantage of the ANY 4 Used Books for $10 sale that's also going on. Grabbed a photo editing book, two great cookbooks, a writing magazine, and a college textbook: The Riverside Shakespeare, 2nd Edition. Cost me less than $15. On my way home I stopped by the campus book store and sold that $2.50 text for $30.

Not a bad day at all.

bread's done
Back