Bad news -- Bomberman: Act Zero to be $59.99; not a budget title?

D

Dick Tracy

Early talks were that Bomberman: Act Zero may be a budget title in the U.S., like it is in Japan. Then people were reporting that it was listed as $49.99 at video game stores...

Now OXM reports that it'll be $59.99 ($60).

I scanned the August Callendar. Check it out:

bomberman5ix.jpg

LOL, $60.

It looks interesting and all but there is a reason it was a budget title in Japan. Only hardcore Bomberman fanatics are going to buy it for the 360 for $60. I will pick it up one of the many unsold copies for $30 max.

[quote name='valor19']LOL, $60.

It looks interesting and all but there is a reason it was a budget title in Japan. Only hardcore Bomberman fanatics are going to buy it for the 360 for $60. I will pick it up one of the many unsold copies for $30 max.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, no way mainstream America will buy this for $60.

Well, looks like I won't be getting it till it hits like 20 bucks. I had hopes that it may have been 30 here, but that was useless.

If they could release an at least decent game for 30 bucks it would probably be a moderate hit. Hasn't the cheapest game released been Table Tennis for $40?

test drive unlimited 39.99 later this month.

This game is 49.99 at ebames.

So it will probably be a little less else where like Outpost.com

[quote name='Ivanhoe']test drive unlimited 39.99 later this month.[/quote]
Monthly charges, though. Lame.

//edit: Whoa. Okay. I read before that there were monthly fees.. apparently there's not.

Most players have come to expect that a “persistent” game usually carries with it a “premium”, or monthly price. Will Test Drive Unlimited have any sort of monthly fee to play online?
Absolutely not. We are not charging for online play.

[quote name='Viva Las Vegas']This sucked soon as the first pic of it was released.
Just give the world an XBLA Bomberman traditional style.[/QUOTE]

I agree. Mega Bomberman please.

I swear I read somewhere that this game had no multiplayer whatsoever... I would never pay $59.99 for a bomberman game anyway. At least, not a current gen version. Bomberman was always meant to be a 2-D blast fest. It was all about gameplay back then as it should be now.

That being said, I want Saturn Bomberman on XBLA. Hopefully the Wii will get it. :D

[quote name='daphatty']I swear I read somewhere that this game had no multiplayer whatsoever...[/QUOTE]
It doesn't have multiplayer on a console -- you can play it on Live, though.

There's no way in hell I'm gonna buy that for $60. The reviews haven't been that hot. You can't even play multiplayer Bomberman on the same console? WTF?

If it was $20, MAYBE... and that's a very iffy maybe.

I wouldn't even buy this nugget of turd lard for $20. Seriously in every video they are in the same arena, and there is nothing exciting about it. It's made by Hudson.....remember Rengoku for the PSP, yeah Hudson are horrible developers. Don't buy it.

This game is gonna drop in price like a brick. I'd bet by October we'll see $40 or less. A little bit of wishful thinking there I suppose because I wanna get it for the Live play.

TeamXbox review 4.4 :cold:

The Bottom Line

Bringing an old, arcade-style title to a next-gen system is challenging for sure, and one that pretty much insists that only the intellectual property gets carried over. This is not the case with Bomberman Act: Zero. Instead of going the Metroid Prime route of completely changing the way the game plays while still retaining the IP, Bomberman Act: Zero has pretty much given us the same game as twenty years ago with slightly more flair.

Had it been released as a slimmed-down Xbox Live Arcade title, Bomberman Act: Zero would be a surefire hit, right up there with Zuma in terms of addictive, stage-based gameplay. But instead, Bomberman Act: Zero is a $49.99 standalone title that you simply shouldn’t buy. Only those with Bomberman tattoos would save up for this one, and even said fanatics may want to think twice. There’s simply not enough here to warrant the fifty bill price-tag.
Bomberman Act: Zero has pretty much given us the same game as twenty years ago with slightly more flair.

That alone is the reason why I'm interested but I know it will drop so I just have to be patient.

[quote name='gizmogc']Anyone pick this up? Game Crazy has it for $39.99 apparently.[/quote]

Only person I know of is BIGVATOMAN on my friends list. Seen him for a couple of days playing. Not sure of what his CAG name is....

I'd pick it up for $15 used if it had multiplayer on one console but now I really have no desire to pick it up.

Why would they take it out...

[quote name='screwkick']I haven't actually seen this game on a store shelf yet.[/QUOTE]

Seen it today at my local gamecrazy. When I picked up Enchanted Arms yesterday at Gamestop my buddy told me that he would have copies tomorrow. [today]

[quote name='toper']This is on sale at Fry's this weekend for $39 for anyone who's interested.[/quote]

Yeah, I saw that, I'm hoping for $20 or $30 tops.

First things first....DO NOT BUY THIS GAME. With that out of the way, I received this from gamefly and finally got a chance to play it. I thought I would be against the new style but while playing it's a mere afterthought.

The single player sucks balls! As stated in all reviews, once u die you start all over. It wouldn't be irritating if this game didn't have loading & prebattle cutscenes. Sure they are short but they are always the same. The saving grace for me is the robotic female voice announcer. It's so generic that it's HILARIOUS. Actually I know why I like the voice so much, the voice sounds like the robot voice from Grandma's Boy. If any of you have seen that, you know what I mean.

I do have good news. Multiplayer is actually pretty good! I do not know about $50 good but it really is fun. I got in a few 8 player rooms and it was pretty intense. We were playing in the FPB mode, which is health meter. So basically you can get hit but you won't die until all your health is gone (a health meter duh). For those worried about leaderboards and getting ranked, you only get points if you are the winner. I pretty much suck so I have zero points lol.

For the achievement whores (like me), the achievements are kinda iffy. The majority are secret so it will be just random luck that you get any.

I really love the multiplayer in this game but I won't pay over $20 tops for it. Unfortunately not a lot of people will buy this game so they won't get to experience the hecticness of multiplayer. Too bad. This game increased my wants for a xbla version even more. If they ever do that, that would EASILY be the best arcade multiplayer online game.

I just got my copy from GameFly too...Same response. 1 life? WTF. Will ANYONE ever get 1000 achievment points? Nope. What BS.

I will play until Tuesday and ship it back. Some of the achievements are possible..but 75% of them are impossible. Who can beat 99 rounds with 1 life? 1 fucking life?

This game shouldn'because thats be in stores. It should have been released for XBLA.

bread's done
Back