Anime Expo is this weekend! Aneheim, CA

JEKKI

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
July 1 to July 4 (saturday thru tuesday)

http://www.anime-expo.org go there for info

it seriously jus creeps up outta nowhere every year.

you can buy import games there I guess...

anyway Ill be there saturday to see Q&A from L'Arc~en~Ciel's HYDE,

and then on monday I got tickets to see him live at HOB hollywood!

[quote name='JEKKI']July 1 to July 4 (saturday thru tuesday)

http://www.anime-expo.org go there for info

it seriously jus creeps up outta nowhere every year.

you can buy import games there I guess...

anyway Ill be there saturday to see Q&A from L'Arc~en~Ciel's HYDE,

and then on monday I got tickets to see him live at HOB hollywood![/quote]

I always wanted to go to an Anime convention to see how it is and check out some new stuff. Thanks for the heads up.

I'm not goin' seeing as how I live in Chicago and because some of the wierdest people imaginable congregate there. I just hope that Sony says something about Blood + DVDs in the US.

Check out my company's booth there. They will be sharing a booth with Atlus and have some cool giveaways! Look for Atlus or VGO Network/High-Score Magazine!

I was looking forward to going to this but lack of funds stop me from going. If anyone is going to comic-con, I might be able to go there.

i wanna go, but not sure, the two friends i was suppose to go w/ cancelled, one has to work and the other needs to do something. wonder what it would be like if i go by myself. i know other people there, but im not really gonna go with them since they like have hotels and they cosplay which i dont do.... hmm... i wanna play people Wangan midnight and bleach ds.

Hey, I've got an odd request for anybody going to this convention. There is a software company, DAZ, who will have a booth there (#877) - anyway they are supposed to be offering a couple of product bundles, but they are being kinda vague as to what the bundles are. What I'm needing is somebody who will be there that can PM me the info as to what the bundles are and what they cost. And, if it's not too much to ask, maybe pick them up and ship them to me (I'd be paypaling the money first of course) If anybody will be there and can do this for me I would be extra greatful.

how much are the tickets?? someone told me they cost 50 bucks at the gate. i wanted to go, but just to browse around and look at stuff---not really big on anime. so if its 50 bucks to go, not really worth it for me.

what?!?! $30 for one day!

it's usually $25!

eff that man... Im gonna pay $15 for the exhibit hall pass,

and jus walk into anywhere I wanna be coz NOBODY (except exhibit hall) checks badge

For people who have never been there......if you register AT the expo......the line is the longest line I have seen in my life.......no joke, it's like a popular amusment park ride line, maybe longer, it's crazy. Not to dissuade you from going. Just register before hand, that line is shorter but will still be long. Just not nearly as long.

Another heads up for ppl going there. At the Atlus/VGONetwork/High-Score Magazine booth there will be a Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection machine set up!

[quote name='MarkMan']Another heads up for ppl going there. At the Atlus/VGONetwork/High-Score Magazine booth there will be a Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection machine set up![/QUOTE]I couldnt find yo booth nukka,

I only saw NIS America tho,

they were cool guys.

but yeah there were too many stinky ppl (as always) so I didnt wanna look thoroly,

I only sat w/ my friend to see Hyde

The atlus booth is reeeally small and bare. It only has a couple tv's set up and some pamphlets. I almost missed it but saw the pamphelets on the table and was like ohhh....that's it?

I used to be assistant div head at AX for awhile until this year for a couple of reasons. First mainly because the Div head quit. And Secondly because the organization that runs it is pretty corrupt (which is why most of the people I originally started staffing with left). I was planning on going but my mom had a stroke so I drove to norcal to see her instead. I might go on monday or tuesday since it seems she's getting better. But yeah, i'm not even sure what i'd even do. I got a couple of comp passes but i've never actually attended the con before. I only started by staffing. I have a feeling i'd be bored most of the time.

The funny thing is many attendees will bitch, whine, and complain (Even about the most mundane crap like MAnfaye) about AX but they will always go and support them just because it's a hot spot for them to meet other people. It's kind of amusing...... The funny thing about it is that the growth of AX has been a huge contributor to its corruption much like many corporate structures.

i find it more convenient to go and order plushies from respective stores on regular business hours rather than wrestle myself with a ton of con goers on the booths.

besides everyone will be selling the same stuff at the dealer room. LOL

[quote name='Darwin23']how much are the tickets?? someone told me they cost 50 bucks at the gate. i wanted to go, but just to browse around and look at stuff---not really big on anime. so if its 50 bucks to go, not really worth it for me.[/QUOTE]

Yeah if you did not pre-register, be warned that on-site registration line could be the longest line ever. A couple years ago I spent literally half a day just standing in line, although they seem to have been improving on the speed of processing people over the years.

If you just wanna check out the dealers' booth area, I suggest wait and go on the last day. They charge only like 5 or 10 bucks to get in the dealers' booth area on the last day.

The reg line wasn't long at all. Took my friends and I 10 minutes.

I had a really good time, it was the first time I went to AX. Bought a faye bag, mario piggy bank and some naruto keychains. Oh yea also bought the FFXII potion. It was awesome. Although kinda pricey.

Went up yesterday(3rd) and it was alright. I went to the very first Anime Expo in the early 90s. This was my 2nd time attending it. It's grown HUGE. But once you experience larger cons such as SDCC and E3... all others fail in comparison :( !

Oh well, I got some cool stuff for myself and my daughter, so fun times.

fuck a 94 degree weather though.

I found it utterly boring and the booths were all ridiculously similar in product and content.

Only things I enjoyed were the Mega64 panel (those guys rule) and the preview screening of Azumi (very entertaining movie.) Too many people, not enough food, bleh.

Going in 10 minutes, lacked ideas for a costume so I'm wearing a suit, sunglasses, and a piece of paper on my back that says "Turk Costume"

I thought AX was better than last year, even though I've stopped watching anime years ago.

[quote name='mkg12']For people who have never been there......if you register AT the expo......the line is the longest line I have seen in my life.......no joke, it's like a popular amusment park ride line, maybe longer, it's crazy. Not to dissuade you from going. Just register before hand, that line is shorter but will still be long. Just not nearly as long.[/quote]
You think that line was long? The line for the masquerade was like 6 rows of people going back over 100 yards. The standby line was freaking huge if you didn't have a ticket.

Edit: LOL anime nerds dancing... best thing ever.

bread's done
Back