SAN DIEGO COMIC-CON INTERNATIONAL - July 19-23

MarkMan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
Hello CAG.

If you don't know about Comic-Con, let me break it down a little bit.

San Diego Comic-Con is going down July 19-23(THU-SUN). There will be WED Preview night again on the 18th for ppl that preregistered and members of the press/industry along with those who receive free preview night passes.

SDCC is the biggest convention of it's kind in the US. It has everything a geek would love and more. Comics, Anime, movies, art, entertainment, video games, collectibles, celebs, Sci-Fi, action figures, and MORE.

Sony is there every year, Capcom will be there again along with UDON. Capcom will be running something special for Street Fighter fans, so don't miss out.

Tons of exclusives that can sell for $$$ on the eBay. Only bad thing is the smell.

Who will be attending this year? :)

I'll be going for my 15th year in a row and running another video gaming tournament. It's going to be the 5th year anniversary SD TEKKEN tournament. Hope to see some of you there!

I live three blocks away. I went once - last time. Really not sure I want to go again, seeing as I don't really care about comics. Convince me.

i'll be there for all 4 days and the preview night. i'd been going to those since i was in elementary, until i moved out of san diego years ago. it'll be my first time back since like 1998.

last year my friend scored me one of those gouken busts and a sketch done by shinkiro mori. wish i coulda been there.

I've got family on the Board of Directors and on the Head of Events Staff, so I'll definitely be there all 4 Days (Free of Course)!

My favorite freebie from last year was the Guy Fawkes Mask (V for Vendetta). I also scored a bunch of free PS2 and XBOX Demos, and a few Alien Hominid Antennas/Ears, among a bunch of other free stuff.

Extremely, Highly, Super doubtful but does anyone think Nintendo will bring a playable Wii to the con? That would be absolutely amazing. But definitely not getting my hopes up at all.

Anyway yeah I'll be there. I hope they have some awesome guests this year. Although on a personal level last years was the best since I got to see Natalie Portman talk about Vendetta.

I really can't wait!

I won't be attending. :whistle2:(

Anyone care to pick me up some stuff from the Penny-Arcade booth? I'm willing to pay the cost, shipping and extra...

I doubt Nintendo will have a playable Wii...but I'm down to lie to myself just to make myself happy. :)

Nintendo did have a strong showing 2 years ago with a playable RE4. That was awesome.

I went to Comic-Con once 2-3 years ago, and I thought it sucked. It wasn't really my thing, from all the advertisement it seemed like the shit, but it wasn't to me for some reason. Unless they get more game companies involved and make it a mini E3, I'll go. But until than, I'm pretty sure I'm gonna pass again this year.

it's a fanboy paradise.
i worked there one year and the first morning my boss was like "listen..."

and then came the stampede of fatties, equipped with poster tubes and sketchbooks :lol: funny shit.

[quote name='soulwish2003']Is it true that the cast of 'Viking Quest' will be signing autographs again this year?[/QUOTE]
VICTORY!!!!!

I'll be there, this is year 10 for me, but the first year I have a table. Check me out at table N7 in the Small Press Ghetto.

ho1203sm.jpg

Get your hands on the filthiest comic in America, House of Twelve #3.

Special discount for CAGers (on top of my regular con specials), let's say, 20% off any purchase over $10.

www.houseoftwelve.com

PS - there was a thread a while back about nacho fries, or fajita fries or some such, anyone know anyplace near the convention center to get those? You see, I just not fat enough.

[quote name='Cheese']PS - there was a thread a while back about nacho fries, or fajita fries or some such, anyone know anyplace near the convention center to get those? You see, I just not fat enough.[/QUOTE]
Carne Asada fries :)

You can get them pretty much in any mexican restauraunt here in SD, or at least the ones I've been to. But note this, when you go to mexican restauraunts, go to the AUTHENTIC ones, not fake ones like Sombrero and Taco Bell.

EDIT: I remember why I went 2-3 years ago, it was because I heard Halle Berry was going to be there to promote her movie CW, but I went the day before she was there which pissed me off!

[quote name='RiCeBo1']. Unless they get more game companies involved and make it a mini E3, I'll go. But until than, I'm pretty sure I'm gonna pass again this year.[/QUOTE]

You would think the name COMIC-CON would give you a hint on what the main focus is. :D

I've never been to any of them, but would love to eventually go. I just live too damn far away.

I was there the year Angelina and Halle went... Halle walked in front of us as she was leaving the convention.. O_O yowzas... I'm glad we decided to walk in the back area of the sail pavillion lol.

Jessica Alba was at the Sin City booth 2 years ago too, lol someone that knew a friend of mine went up to her table as she was taking a picture with a fan and took her soda and drank it lol... too funny.

hey, i wanna go! how long are the lines for getting in? i mean like the registration? for those who didn't pre-reg and all.

I'll be there! My third year in a row.

I'll probably be doing some sort of promotion/signing for the first volume of my book with Tokyopop called SNOW which "drops" in October. (plug, plug, plug) The first two chapters of which can be viewed here:

http://tinyurl.com/pf3uw

[quote name='rodeojones903']You would think the name COMIC-CON would give you a hint on what the main focus is. :D

I've never been to any of them, but would love to eventually go. I just live too damn far away.[/QUOTE]
If you gone to a Comic-Con before then you would know some game companies are actually involved in this event. Some actually have had games out like a mini E3 for people to try out. I remember Namco setting up an area where they had games to play.

Yeah, in recent years the gaming portion of the Comic Con has been growing bigger and bigger. Hell, last year I got this cool zelda coin from the Nintendo booth.

zelda.jpg

[quote name='topnotch97']hey, i wanna go! how long are the lines for getting in? i mean like the registration? for those who didn't pre-reg and all.[/QUOTE]

They can get very long, but they move pretty fast.

[quote name='Cheese']They can get very long, but they move pretty fast.[/quote]

is it? way better than Anime Expo? :bouncy:

comic con line wasnt long at all,

then again I didnt get there on the first day,

nor did I get there before it opened.

btw bring like a nintendo thing, like a GBA or DS

coz last year nintendo gave something to ppl who had nintendo memorabelia on them,

prbably the zelda coing the gorrilaz guy showed

My wife and I are going preview night and Friday and Sunday. This'll be our 4th year and our sons 2nd year. He's only three, but he loves it! Especially all the freebies! Can't wait for the exclusives too! See you guys there!

wow it's so soon after AX? Well I only went to comicon usually as an excuse to bug my friend in SD or promote PMX but this year doesnt look like it's worth goin. After all I hate comics haha.....

a ton of people at comic con aren't even interested in comic books. it seems like every year it becomes less and less about comics, and more the "in thing" to do in san diego for that week. if gil kane was still alive and he went to comic con, his line would be shorter than charmane star's, haha.

charmane star was at comic con?!?!?!

but yeah, the cool thing about comic con is jus the art stuff,

like Dunny & Kubrick

Charmane Star is originally from San Diego 8)

I'm excited about the con! Be sure you check out our open gaming room if you love fighting games! Big tournament on Saturday as well!

[quote name='topnotch97']hey, i wanna go! how long are the lines for getting in? i mean like the registration? for those who didn't pre-reg and all.[/quote]

The lines are pretty scary long. Expect to wait like an hour and a half in line. In the blazing heat! Bring an umbrella or a hat at least.

I will be there this will be my 4th straight year and I'll be there preview night til the end maybe if I don't get burn out from the other days =) Hoping to get a lot of exclusives.

[quote name='Darwin23']how much are tickets at the door???[/QUOTE]

I wanna say 30-35 depending on the day, 65 for the weekend.

[quote name='Cheese']I wanna say 30-35 depending on the day, 65 for the weekend.[/quote]

Unless there's been a price increase, it's never that expensive for a one-day. I think it's still 25.

[quote name='kristianator']a ton of people at comic con aren't even interested in comic books. it seems like every year it becomes less and less about comics, and more the "in thing" to do in san diego for that week. if gil kane was still alive and he went to comic con, his line would be shorter than charmane star's, haha.[/QUOTE]

It's an entertainment con. It's transformed a lot over the years. I worked Comic-Con booths and been an attendee for like like the last 7 straight years. I have a full pass this year but I probably won't be able to go this year (maybe on Thursday only).

So if I make it does someone want my pass for friday, saturday and sunday?

bread's done
Back