Hitman: Blood Money (360) $40 + $3.10 shipping (free to Japan) at Play-Asia

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
I just got the email notice this morning from Pay-Asia that it was in stock. AAAAAARRRRRRGGHHHH!!!!

Must....resist....urge...to...buy...cheap...game.

Dammit. I've wanted this game since it was released. I've read every review and watched every movie. I have all the other Hitman games, but I've never beaten one. I always get about 3/4 of the way through them.

But I really want this for the 360 for $20 cheaper. It's so tempting.

You know I really don't get why Activision doesn't bother lowering the price here for when these games launch considering the cost of the Asian games. I know I'M buying the Asian version of "Enchant Arms" unless the US version goes for $50 on launch week.

[quote name='jdangerc']After your done playing these games, can you trade them in? Will the UPC ring up at gamerush or EBgames?[/QUOTE]

There's the million-dollar question....c'mon, someone here has to have bought from here and then tried to trade in.

My favorite game for the 360 by far. Replayed it 3 times already and working on professional (hardest difficulty by far) right now.

[quote name='javeryh']If I hated the demo is there any chance of liking the game?[/QUOTE]

Possibly. The demo was basically a tutorial and extremely straight forward. All of the other missions in the game allow for more player creativity and far more interesting game design.

I rented this game this morning, but haven't played it yet, friend told me it was somewhat like Manhunt and I enjoyed the hell out of that one. :D but if I like it, 20 bucks cheaper than retail is good.

[quote name='jdangerc']After your done playing these games, can you trade them in? Will the UPC ring up at gamerush or EBgames?[/QUOTE]
Couldn't you just trade it in without the case?

I would just sell it on ebay. Get more money for it that way.

I'm wondering if anyone's heard about the Spectral Force 3 game or Bullet Witch working on an American 360.
If so I'm wondering if I could get ahold of the manufacturer to convince them WHEN they press an Asian version to just take off the region encoding.
Also if not for the price and where I bought it from it almost seems desirable to me to trade my 360 for an Asian one. After all if I had that I could play MOST Japanese as well as American games no problem. Seriously this region encoding crap is the most moronic thing I've ever seen. How many gamers such as myself will buy Tengai, Bullet Witch, Spectral Force or Zegapan? It won't be the majority of U.S. gamers and the same holds water for import PS2 games and so on.

[quote name='javeryh']If I hated the demo is there any chance of liking the game?[/quote]

YES.

I absolutely hated the demo. I never really took the time to get the controls, plus it was my first time playing a Hitman game (blasphemy). I ended up getting Blood Money for free, so I gave it another shot. It's now one of my favorite games I have. I just had to give it more time. The level design is pretty great in spots.

[quote name='mtxbass1']YES.

I absolutely hated the demo. I never really took the time to get the controls, plus it was my first time playing a Hitman game (blasphemy). I ended up getting Blood Money for free, so I gave it another shot. It's now one of my favorite games I have. I just had to give it more time. The level design is pretty great in spots.[/QUOTE]

I concur...my heart sank when I played the demo, I thought Hitman had gone all "gangsta" on us, and they forced you into situations where you had no choice but to blast your way out, and that ain't the Hitman I know. So I was pleased to discover the game is traditional Hitman after all, and its a winner.

[quote name='KaneRobot']There's the million-dollar question....c'mon, someone here has to have bought from here and then tried to trade in.[/QUOTE]

Indeed, a million dollar question. I'd rather spend the extra 20 bones at release than risk being stuck with someone no one wants. You just know a few months down the road this Hitman game will be 40 or less, and at that point, instead of getting some money back for it, you're just stuck with a lemon. In a best case scenario, you're stuck selling it on ebay for less than half the going rate of the local versions.

I've got nothing against importing, but I try to limit it to things that either have additional (or uncensored) content, or will never ever be released stateside. The point of importing something is so you can have access to something (for a premium) you would never get, or wouldn't get any time soon.

This is a totally new situation where as americans, we're buying our own damn games back from overseas to save a few bucks. If you had told me this would be happening 10 years ago, I would have called you a dirty liar.

I'm pretty sure you cant turn these in to EB or Gamestop. Even if the UPCs match (which I doubt), the wacky non-ESRB rating labels are a dead giveaway.

question for people who have bought these: who are you playing against online? does it dump you on asian servers?

From the last thread:

[quote name='ajh2298']BIG UPDATE

Just got my Far-Cry in the mail and they just sent me just the normal NTSC version, no extra instructions in asian just the normal version I could go and buy down my street for $60.00 but I got it for $43.00.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='ajh2298']Its the same game UPC is the same, packaging is the same, all they did was ship me the U.S version of the game. There are not even any stickers on the packaging or anything to even mention anything about this being the asian release version. I have not tried it out yet but there is no difference in the version they sent me or the version I could go to Best Buy and buy right now,[/QUOTE]

[quote name='flybrione']Here is the deal . . .

Blazing Angels came completely in english. The cover artwork is completely in english. The instructions are in english. The game booted up fine and worked perfectly on xbox live with no problems.

The only thing I notived is the screen printing on the disc isn't as smooth as the games from the states. It still has the official seal on it.

The other two differences I can see with the game is after boot up it does display the 12+ age warning similar to our ESRB rating system and the back of the cover artwork has the same bar code but says made in Sinapore instead of proof of purchase.

I will now be purchasingf Tomb Raider Legend from Play-Asia next![/QUOTE]

[quote name='seebelow']I finally got my copy of Far Cry in today, and it's just like everyone else has said. It's exactly the same as the American version except for the "Made in Singapore" under the UPC, and it works just fine on Live. I'm now considering ordering Tomb Raider as well. I'm happy that the versions are all the same, but at the same time I'm annoyed that we're basically getting raped over here for that extra $20. :bomb:[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Beer Monkey']It's ALL english on my Far Cry 360 disc. The manual, the disc, the case insert. Only diff is the UPC says 'Made in Singapore' instead of 'Proof of Purchase' (but the UPC code is the same).[/QUOTE]

[quote name='johnwashere']Just wanted to let you know I ordered far cry a few weeks ago and got it in exactly one week from when I ordered. I was supsised how extremly fast they were. Others have said this but the game looks like the same exact thing as the american versions. Box, manual, and disc are exactly identical to the america version (my friend has the american verison). I can still log into the US xbox live, still get achievements. I really thought it was the american versions since I cannot tell a single difference. Me and my friend linked our systems and they worked fine, we both got online and everything..
I emailed play asia a few times and they always got back with me in about 15-20 hours. I wish more games were region free, but for now on I will be buying my games from play-asia!!!![/QUOTE]

[quote name='Sweet Tooth']I got my Tomb Raider today, took 5 days to get it from them. Achievements work fine.. Exact same as getting it here in the States or Canada. They also sent me a coupon for $5 off my next order[/QUOTE]

[quote name='PaulDE01']I received my Far Cry and Tomb Raider yesterday. I have only opened and played Far Cry but I seriously can't tell if I have the asian version or the US version. Everything looks like I just purchased it at my local EB. Great deal.[/QUOTE]

All of the comments are directed at Far Cry, Blazing Angels & Tomb Raider.

I'll be sure to post pics and stuff when my Hitman & Moto GP come in.

As far as I know, there are no such things as Asian servers for Xbox Live. You can play against anyone from any location, no matter what version of game you own, no matter where your console is from.

My Hitman arrived today.
I freaked out a bit when I saw PAL only on the package, but the game works perfectly on a USA NTSC system.

[quote name='CheapyD']My Hitman arrived today.
I freaked out a bit when I saw PAL only on the package, but the game works perfectly on a USA NTSC system.[/quote]

That's good to know Cheapy. Thanks for the update.

Shipping takes 1-2 weeks, I believe.

I've been playing alot of Hitman since I got it. It's really a fun game.
I'm going to talk about it during our next CAGcast.

I've heard a lot of Play-Asia and was about to ask if they're reliable. I just wanted to make sure before I gave them my credit-card information. I'm guessing from all of the happy customers that they are indeed very reliable.

One thing question I have in mind is: why and how are they so cheap? Is it simply because they're made in Asia? Thanks in advance!

[quote name='AZNGam3r']I've heard a lot of Play-Asia and was about to ask if they're reliable. I just wanted to make sure before I gave them my credit-card information. I'm guessing from all of the happy customers that they are indeed very reliable.[/QUOTE]

They are one of the biggest importers on the internet. You are safe with them.

Received mine in the mail today. I ordered on July 2nd. I freaked out when I saw the PAL sticker on it but it loaded fine. No time to play for a few days but looking forward to it.

I got mine on the 12th and ordered on the 4th. I've only done the first two levles, but I really like it. It looks nice on HD.

Ok, I just got my games today. I ordered them on the 4th.

It came in a normal bubble envelope.

Here's everything that came in the package. The Dead Rising sticker was a nice surprise.

The back of the cases. Everything on the packaging is in English.

Sadly, during it's journey to America, my Hitman: BM disc popped out and bounced around in the case causing alot of scratches all over it. It still works but man if that isn't a kick in the balls. If it gives me any trouble I guess I'll have to call Play-Asia up and see what they can do.

Here's the inside of the case. The instruction manual are all in English with no Chinese/Japanese in sight.

The main screen of Moto GP (yes, I know my TV is dusty). Everything in the game is in English.

The main screen of Hitman: BM. Again everything is in English. Not real difference between this and the version you would get from your local Best Buy.

Not bad for $85.40 shipped.

- edit Just got this PM

[quote name='cleaver']Thanks for posting them.
One question: where it says "NTSC-J" and "PAL" on the top right front corners of MotoGP 06 and Hitman, respectively, are those on the covers or are they stickers, because the one on MotoGP 06 kind of looks like a sticker?
Thanks[/QUOTE]

MotoGP is just a sticker on the wrapping. When you take the wrapping off, it just says NTSC. And underneath the sticker of proof of purchase on the case is a real proof of purchase printed on the insert.

On Hitman it's the PAL version but it works fine on an American X360

bread's done
Back