Any Rhode Islanders here?

[quote name='EBGSMANAGER10']So whice eb/gs store is your fav in RI/MA?[/quote]

The best EB Games in the area, is neither in RI or MA, but rather in Keene, NH Best game store (for a chain) that I've ever been in. They call me anytime that even looks remotely interesting comes in. The call me when people bring old SNES/PS1 rpgs that they no longer take come in, just in case its something I'd want. I've never gotten screwed with a preorder. Nothing better.

TBW

Sweet, my father lives in Cumberland and I go there every other weekend. He lives right off of Nate Whipple Highway I think

I went to college in RI, so I consider myself a mini RI-er. The EB Games at the Providence Place Mall was always full of douches. That's my contribution. :lol:

[quote name='Synergy']I went to college in RI, so I consider myself a mini RI-er. The EB Games at the Providence Place Mall was always full of douches. That's my contribution. :lol:[/quote]

Yes, they were.

They trandformed my friend. -_-

whoa I am right near there too!

my fathers house is in the Arnold Mills part of the town. (I think thats near the MA/RI line :D)

[quote name='hootie']whoa I am right near there too!

my fathers house is in the Arnold Mills part of the town. (I think thats near the MA/RI line :D)[/QUOTE]

Yep, I'm in Arnold Mills. :)

For those that care, the Warwick, RI and N Attleboro, MA TRU stores have been pretty much cleaned out of the recent clearance games.

[quote name='WebScud']N Attleboro, MA TRU store has been pretty much cleaned out of the recent clearance games.[/quote]

Heh, I saw that, I went to that TRU last Wed. after Christmas, there was almost nothing there :lol:

Anyhow... where are the Wii's in RI@?!
This is getting sad.

BTW. i worked at a bar just down the hill from brown. Cafe L'elizabeth. never go. the owner is the biggest POS i've ever met and its mad over priced. I also suspect that the liquors are watered down (his other bar had watered down vodka)

[quote name='WebScud']Yes, they were.

They trandformed my friend. -_-[/quote]

I hope so most of the ones in RI the people are like this

[quote name='hootie']Do you go to NPHS?[/quote]

No I am "beyond"(hey you made me feel young LOL!!!) HS lol!!!! Came to RI to go to JWU ended up graduating from NETECH........

[quote name='ScottieBaio']Anyhow... where are the Wii's in RI@?!
This is getting sad.

BTW. i worked at a bar just down the hill from brown. Cafe L'elizabeth. never go. the owner is the biggest POS i've ever met and its mad over priced. I also suspect that the liquors are watered down (his other bar had watered down vodka)[/quote]

Thanks for the heads-up. I reach drinking age next month. It's always good to know where NOT to go.:lol:

[quote name='Exedor']Any good deals spotted near wakefield?

Or Newport, I go there a lot now too.[/quote]

I lived in Wakfield last spring/summer and it was dead for deals. If you want anything remotely close you have to go to Warwick. There's also a 24 hour Super Wal-Mart by the CT border (the name of the city escapes me), but either way you are driving 30 minutes. (Which is nothing, but some of you native-born RI'ers can bitch about a car ride. Hooo-lee crap.)

I find most of my deals in North Attleboro.

Where exactly in Warwick, Webscud? I go there kind of often. Any good pawn/thrift stores?

And does anyone know of any good used game stores in Providence or something? Preferably with old games like NES or SNES.

All down RI-2/Bald Hill Road (same road depending on what sign you're looking at). Starting at the Wariwick Mall and heading all the way down to Showcase Cinemas Warwick there are four GameStops/EBs, two FYEs, Best Buy, Wal-Mart, Target and Newbury Comics off the top of my head.

I don't know of any pawn/thrift shops.

If you head the other way from the Warwick Mall you wind up at Circuit City in Cranston and a semi high-scale shopping center, Something Gardens. I don't think there's any game/geek shopping there.

North Attleboro and Taunton are good stops too, depending on where you're coming from.

Thanks for all that info. By any chance do you know if any of the GS/EBs sell old games? Most don't but I heard some places do.

I could always call. I think I will. I'm just trying to hunt down some old games in little old RI. I'm gonna try a Salvation Army.

bread's done
Back