HAVE FF Tactics Original Release sealed. WANT Suikoden 2 or Valkyrie Profile sealed.

billg

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
So everybody crapped all over my MvC2 sealed for VP sealed or S2 sealed thread. Regardless, I'm going to give this a go because I know some of you hold Final Fantasy Tactics black label in very high regard. So...

Who wants a copy of Final Fantasy Tactics, Original Release sealed? Not only is this as rare as they come, but this is actually a promo copy, as evidenced by the hole which has been punched in the jewel case. Some would say that makes it more valuable, some would say it's a defect. I don't really care, I just know I want to trade.

Edit: Now with pictar.

my.php

actually wouldnt a hole punched in the cd case represent something else...

for example i always remember seeing major label cds with holes punched through it in the dollar store and thought it had something to do with the fact that it couldnt be sold at retail anymore

btw, not trying to bash just wondering;)

You're thinking of junking something versus marking it as a promo. Like when bookstores junk books, they tear the covers off. That's not what this is. Promo copies were marked with a hole punched in the case. If they were destroying product, it'd just be the disc, and probably scratched up at that.

like a clean hole, or they took a poker and jammed it through? is the hole through the factory seal?

oh and don't you have a flash on your camera?

Looks like the punched games that employees of Sony could buy. Sony Punched them like that so the games could not be traded into local stores for credit since employees paid only $5 per game.

[quote name='humakti']Looks like the punched games that employees of Sony could buy. Sony Punched them like that so the games could not be traded into local stores for credit since employees paid only $5 per game.[/QUOTE]

Could very well be. All I know is, it was like that when I got here. :)

[quote name='billg']Bump because Marvel vs. Capcom 2 sealed just sold for $250 on eBay, and you all said it would never sell for that price.

http://cgi.ebay.com/MARVEL-VS-CAPCOM-2-PLAYSTATION-2-NEW-RARE-SEALED_W0QQitemZ320002935996QQihZ011QQcategoryZ62053QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem[/quote]

Notice the guy had no feedback and I will bet that when you contact the seller in 10 days the deadbeat still hasn't paid. These are the idiots that drive up the price on video games and somehow some of you think the guy actually paid! HAHA, not a fat chance in hell my friend! Thank all the asses with 0 feedback on eBay who bid on great games just to drive up the price. This is why I try to avoid eBay unless I absolutely need to. I hit the forums and usually get much better deals.

I don't see how this is a fair trade... a sealed VP or Suikoden II goes for $200+ easily. A sealed FFT goes for under $70 and I don't think anyone gives a damn about the promo copy especially since its nothing special.:whistle2:?

[quote name='Vinny']I don't see how this is a fair trade... a sealed VP or Suikoden II goes for $200+ easily. A sealed FFT goes for under $70 and I don't think anyone gives a damn about the promo copy especially since its nothing special.:whistle2:?[/QUOTE]

You clown. This is the non-greatest hits version. The GH version goes for under $70, more like around $40. The non-greatest hits version(black label) often reaches the $200s.

[quote name='Vinny']I don't see how this is a fair trade... a sealed VP or Suikoden II goes for $200+ easily. A sealed FFT goes for under $70 and I don't think anyone gives a damn about the promo copy especially since its nothing special.:whistle2:?[/QUOTE]

I agree.It doesn't seem like a fair trade for the other person.A used non-greatest version fft used 30-40 and new copy might go around $100-150.When comparing suikoden ii and valkyrie profile a used copies goes for $100-$120 and new copy get $200+ easily.

[quote name='fatbeer']I agree.It doesn't seem like a fair trade for the other person.A used non-greatest version fft used 30-40 and new copy might go around $100-150.When comparing suikoden ii and valkyrie profile a used copies goes for $100-$120 and new copy get $200+ easily.[/QUOTE]

the beer's right, a few months ago i sold a copy of VP for $125 shipped, and a few weeks ago i sold a copy of FF T non GH for $40 shipped, both BINs. similarly, sealed, these games sell at about the same ratio. however, i've seen the same seller sell a sealed FF T for $200 one auction and $110 the very next. it's definitely rare, i mean they released the GH version because FF T was so hard to find, but because there *is* a GH, the original's not worth nearly as much as a S II or VP original, even if they have similar release numbers.

[quote name='ckendal']Notice the guy had no feedback and I will bet that when you contact the seller in 10 days the deadbeat still hasn't paid. These are the idiots that drive up the price on video games and somehow some of you think the guy actually paid! HAHA, not a fat chance in hell my friend! Thank all the asses with 0 feedback on eBay who bid on great games just to drive up the price. This is why I try to avoid eBay unless I absolutely need to. I hit the forums and usually get much better deals.[/quote]

100% true. I had disc only Valkyrie Profile and some douche with 0 feedback bid it up to $178 then didn't pay because he got one cheaper from a different auction. Anytime you see an auction way out of wack with the rest of them, there is a 95% chance that person didn't pay.

[quote name='billg']You clown. This is the non-greatest hits version. The GH version goes for under $70, more like around $40. The non-greatest hits version(black label) often reaches the $200s.[/QUOTE]

not when you have a "promo" hole.

you might as well try your luck selling your FFT on ebay and use the money you have to buy vp or suiko2, since you are so confident its worth that much.

I got lucky once I guess. A while back, 2 bidders got in a bidding war over my sealed World of Outlaws for PS2. They drove up the price to $128. I figured that the bidder wasn't going to pay but they did. Right away too.

[quote name='schuerm26']100% true. I had disc only Valkyrie Profile and some douche with 0 feedback bid it up to $178 then didn't pay because he got one cheaper from a different auction. Anytime you see an auction way out of wack with the rest of them, there is a 95% chance that person didn't pay.[/QUOTE]

I bought a sealed FF tactics original release off ebay for my collection a couple months ago via auction, paid just under $90 shipped for it. Surprisingly, a sealed FF 7 original release does not even hit $200 yet. The only sealed PS1 games that reach the $200 and beyond price are sealed VP, sealed Suikoden 2, sealed original release castlevania SOTN and if you somehow have it, a sealed original release final bout. This ff tactics is indeed a promo copy of sorts, they do it with music cds all the time. They mail them out to be reviewed or give them out to whomever related to the game, or sometimes the company. They are not worth quite as much as the normal release as a lot of collector's consider it an obvious defect.

The prices you guys are quoting, is that in US $?? I've brought a used FFT non-GH version for $13 from GS?? What the hell is the deal with the $30-$40 quotes? Should I run out to grab more of those used $13 FFT?

I brought used non-GH FF VII, FF VIII, CC, for about $20 each and those seem to be harder to find than FFT...

To the OP, I don't know much about PSX games, but I still know that SII is the single most freaken expensive PSX game out there, followed by others, but nowhere even near as expansive, such as: Dragonball GT Final Bout, Valkrie Profile, Lunar 2 Eternal Blue Complete, Suikoden, Ogre Battle...

FFT is an awesome game but it cannot touch the likes of SII and VP, IMHO.

Good luck selling it on ebay.

[quote name='Asgardian']The prices you guys are quoting, is that in US $?? I've brought a used FFT non-GH version for $13 from GS?? What the hell is the deal with the $30-$40 quotes? Should I run out to grab more of those used $13 FFT?

I brought used non-GH FF VII, FF VIII, CC, for about $20 each and those seem to be harder to find than FFT...

To the OP, I don't know much about PSX games, but I still know that SII is the single most freaken expensive PSX game out there, followed by others, but nowhere even near as expansive, such as: Dragonball GT Final Bout, Valkrie Profile, Lunar 2 Eternal Blue Complete, Suikoden, Ogre Battle...

FFT is an awesome game but it cannot touch the likes of SII and VP, IMHO.

Good luck selling it on ebay.[/QUOTE]

touch them in price i hope you mean. FF T imo is much better than both those games.

[quote name='pimp tyranny']touch them in price i hope you mean. FF T imo is much better than both those games.[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry for the bad choice of word there.. of course I ONLY mean in terms of rarity/price, that's why I feel no need to have either SII nor VP.

heh cool. while i do love the Suikoden series for the awesome concept of 108 characters, and VP for the norse themed storyline and cool art, they don't touch FF T in terms of deepness, storyline, even length, well especially length.

Anytime you see an auction way out of wack with the rest of them, there is a 95% chance that person didn't pay.

It's also called a statistical outlier, and when viewed against the average price sold, it is often discarded as being nothing more than a fluke. When people are trying to talk up the value of what they're selling, they'll obviously quote the highest amount they've seen it sell for. You as the buyer should search the average price it sells for to see if you're getting a good deal. billg is just doing what most sellers do, but he is kidding himself if he thinks this practice will fly on a CAG forum.

but because there *is* a GH, the original's not worth nearly as much as a S II or VP original, even if they have similar release numbers.

It is also true the GH release of FFT severely decreased the value of FFT (before the GH release, it was going for over $100 on eBay easily, used at that).

The prices you guys are quoting, is that in US $?? I've brought a used FFT non-GH version for $13 from GS?? What the hell is the deal with the $30-$40 quotes? Should I run out to grab more of those used $13 FFT?

The price of FFT (both non-GH and GH versions) vary wildly, even on eBay, because there IS a GH version. There are a lot of factors involved, but generally a collector will pay an extra premium for that black label.

Non-GH FF7 and FF8 were printed in much larger numbers than FFT. Why you have a harder time finding them, I cannot guess as to why. As for Chrono Cross, it also received a larger initial run than FFT did.

All the games you quoted did not receive a GH run, and very small prints at that. They're also all fan-favorites, and generally quality titles (I would argue otherwise though for DBGT, no offense!).

>FFT is an awesome game but it cannot touch the likes of SII and VP, IMHO.

It can. The problem is that it is much easier to find at a much cheaper price.

>Good luck selling it on ebay.

I'm guessing if he thought he could get the same price on eBay for it as S2 or VP, he would've done it already.

As for MvC2 sealed, it's a different ballgame. MvC2 collectors don't generally care too much if the game is sealed since they want to actually play it. RPG collectors tend to be a different breed. Also, I don't know which version of MvC2 he was selling, but the only accurate version is the Dreamcast one.

Alright, well I'm going to sell both of these on eBay(separately of course) and see what happens. I much prefer to trade here, both to give to the community and because I trust you guys more than eBay sellers, but you're all being sticks in the mud.

I will then use the cash I net from the sales to buy a sealed copy of S2 or VP. Those of you who have one, please PM me with your asking price.

The way you described your items, you should have enough cash to buy both S2 and VP sealed, with about $100 left over.

bread's done
Back