Download Beyond Good and Evil for $19.99

vaga_koleso

CAG Veteran
Don't know if this really qualifies as a 'deal', per say, but I got an email from GameSpot offering to download Beyond Good & Evil (PC version) for $19.99.

This was the last regular price that Ubisoft had listed at their site for it, however, the game has been discountinued for a while and connot no longer be bought there (or anywhere as far as I know).

The link (which I had to retype from my email because of stupid GameSpot HTML tricks!) is http://ct.com.com/click?q=90-wHiMQ_I0ChqO6exfi1H7Z8ZOKXrk

I tried it and it takes you to a special wizard type application that let's you enter you payment information, etc. and then download the game.

For what it's worth, if you are an adventure game fan, this is arguably one of the best adventure games of all time. I wrote a review of it on www.gamelemon.com (my site) a while ago that you can read here if you'd like - http://www.gamelemon.com/review_20000.jsp

cheers,

max

The PC version of Beyond Good and Evil sucks compared to the consoles. It has horrible control that you cannot change! This game can be found brand new for the PC for less than $20 if you know where to look ($7 @ Half Price Books New). Also, look at eBay and you can see everyone is just trying to sell the PC version (and you can pick one up super cheap from there).

I agree it was a fantastic game. Just pick it up for Xbox or GameCube, though, if the PC version sucks.

$20 for a download of a old game, thats crazy. What happens when you get a new pc?

Last time I saw the game on PC it was cleareance for $4.96.

This game is offered on GameTap, which has a free trial. So you don't have to pay anything to be able to play this, just be sure to beat it before the trial is up.

[quote name='dhs odium']This game is offered on GameTap, which has a free trial. So you don't have to pay anything to be able to play this, just be sure to beat it before the trial is up.[/QUOTE]

Or pay $9.99 a month and get 1000 other awesome games. Plus I believe it has custom controls.

For a while Ubisoft had the "Action Adventure Pack" on their site for $20. It included Prince of Persia, Splinter Cell, and Beyond Good & Evil. So obviously BG&E by itself for $20 is a horrible deal, especially when you don't even get discs. I haven't found a single place with downloadable games to buy that were cheaper than buying a CD/DVD version. Additionally BG&E is easy to find for all 3 consoles for less than $10 and it's one of their worst PC ports (the Splinter Cell and Prince of Persia games have good PC ports).

I'm not one for downloading games, or playing game on my PC, really. Got the PS2 version from BB for $5 last year during the last mcdonalds monopoly thing. And even still, $20 is kinda high for have no media with the game on it...

This game was supposed to be a trilogy, but it was a "critics raved, poor sales" deal and that idea was axed. I just wish Ubisoft would see that there is a lot of interest in a sequel and take a chance.

I know, I'm dreaming...

Funny side story to this, I would play BG&E and my 2 yr old son would watch me, and I got to a point where I needed electricity and Jade said, "...No juice" in that pouty way. My son took it really personal; "No juice? Dad...no jiuce?" And I had to reassure him that there was still juice for him, but Jade didn't have any. Then I had to pause the game and make him some juice.

Well...maybe not that funny to others...

Bought it for the PC and Xbox. The PC version cost me 10, the xbox version cost me 5 at compusa.

and yes... compusa the dreaded YMMV

damn, beyond good & evil will always be the one that got away from me. damn i would totally pay 20 bucks for a sealed copy of an xbox version...

[quote name='PenguinMaster']For a while Ubisoft had the "Action Adventure Pack" on their site for $20. It included Prince of Persia, Splinter Cell, and Beyond Good & Evil. So obviously BG&E by itself for $20 is a horrible deal, especially when you don't even get discs. I haven't found a single place with downloadable games to buy that were cheaper than buying a CD/DVD version. Additionally BG&E is easy to find for all 3 consoles for less than $10 and it's one of their worst PC ports (the Splinter Cell and Prince of Persia games have good PC ports).[/QUOTE]

They feel they can charge more than a disc version because of convenience to 24 hr access to their products. Unfortunately, the price you pay for the quality you may be receiving is probably not too good.

Poor Beyond Good and Evil... I think most of us picked it up at budget prices ($7.00, $5.00, I got it for $3.00. :cry:)

This game deserves so much more respect.

indeed. this is a really great game that by all rights should get a sequal.

on another note, i was a fry's electroincs the other day in san jose, ca and noticed that they was a large stack of them for the PS2. didn't notice if they had any Xbox or GC versisons in stock tho...

however, that should go to show you that this great game is still avalibe in retail stores.

Went to Best Buy yesterday, they had the Ubisoft "Action Adventure Pack" for the PC that has PC, Splinter Cell, Prince of Persia, and Beyond Good and Evil for $9.99. This was at the East Brunswick, NJ store.

[quote name='sonic']Went to Best Buy yesterday, they had the Ubisoft "Action Adventure Pack" for the PC that has PC, Splinter Cell, Prince of Persia, and Beyond Good and Evil for $9.99. This was at the East Brunswick, NJ store.[/quote]

Wow. I already have all three games, but I'm going to go ahead and say that is the best deal in the history of gamerkind. I love all three of those games with a purple flying passion, and I plan to make my future wife wear green lipstick and let me call her jade.

bread's done
Back