Advent Rising (Xbox) $37.99, (PC) $24.99, shipped @ outpost.com

I'm going to go to frys tomrorow and buy it..... I'll post first impressions asap so if anyone else wants to know but is a little unsure.

[quote name='KongaKing']I'm going to go to frys tomrorow and buy it..... I'll post first impressions asap so if anyone else wants to know but is a little unsure.[/QUOTE]

thanks, please let us know how it is. I am really interested in this game. Are you getting the PC version or XB?

Im only going to get it so I can win prizes and a chance for 1 million dollars. Ill buy it and play for for 6 weeks on XBL then if I dont win anything sell it.

The PC version doesn't ship until the 30th of June. Xbox Gets it, well, tomorrow :).

I'm still getting it for the PC, as I sold my Xbox.

[quote name='ajh2298']What was the Play magazine review score on it, by the why?[/QUOTE]

^ (same question, except change why to way ;-) )

This is my 600th post.....wow....

Well, I was looking forward to this because I
a) love Ender's Game (best book by writer Orson Scott Card)
b) love the Dig (previous game written by Orson Scott Card)
but I must say it is never a good sign if a game is released and no reviews are available. We all know that when that happens it is often because the company doesn't want bad press to ruin sales.

[quote name='ajh2298']What was the Play magazine review score on it, by the why?[/QUOTE]

They gave it a 3 out of 4. I just don't trust that review that much though, because the review was released about a month and a half ago, and that's not a very good rating system.

I'm pretty convinced it will be good, but I''d like to see at least one solid review. Looking forward to the impressions KongaKing. ;)

- edit -

This is not really worth a click, but just for the novelty, here is Maxim's review.

http://www.maximonline.com/entertainment/reviews/review_games_9844.html

I'm convinced it'll be pretty good, but it just reeks of BG&E. I'd say hold off on buying and the price will drop like a rock by summer's end.

One of the writer's for OXM said that he really enjoyed Advent Rising and his review will be available in the next issue of OXM. Not to mention nearly every game Majesco has released recently has been killed! (Psychonauts, Raze's Hell, etc!)

Also, the dig DOES kick ass ;) I'd hop on this outpost deal. The game probably will rock, worse comes to worse you just have to pay a few bucks to ship it back.

Just for the people waiting to hear impressions, my Fry's (just called) won't have it 'till the afternoon shipment, so it'll be a few hours

I'm hoping that I'm wrong, but I have a feeling this is going to be a stinker.

The publisher is giving away $1,000,000 prize to promote the game...not a good sign.

Like I said, hopefully I'm wrong.

[quote name='CheapyD']I'm hoping that I'm wrong, but I have a feeling this is going to be a stinker.

The publisher is giving away $1,000,000 prize to promote the game...not a good sign.

Like I said, hopefully I'm wrong.[/QUOTE]

Me too, since the stuff I had seen about it had me curiously interested, though offering up a large prize to promote a game makes me a little uneasy about it being good.

I enjoyed it at e3....granted it isnt like I played for 2 hours straight, nor do I think that I played the worst (or best) levels, but I enjoyed......I have some credit for Frys so I will hit it up and buy it as long as they have it today .

Well, until there are some reviews here are some impressions from a reviewer (chespace) at 1-UP with a review copy. He makes it sound pretty average from the readings.

http://new.ga-forum.com/showthread.php?t=49810

And here on the second page of this thread is some words from Donald Mustard about the review copies sent out...

http://majescoentertainment.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=948&perpage=15&pagenumber=1

Hopefully Cheapy and shrike don't mind me posting this stuff up here...its supposed to a deal thread, I know.

- edit -

Gamespy Review (2.5/5)

http://xbox.gamespy.com/xbox/advent-rising/620476p1.html

Hmmmm, I was interested in winning some prizes but if the game sux that badly then I would rather spend it on a note worthy game.

seems most of the complaints are about framerate. one of the devs stated that reviewers got an earlier 2-disc build on DVD-5s that has more slowdown than the final retail copy on DVD-9. So some of these framerate issues may be ironed out. Or it could just be PR :)

Posted this in the other forum but figured I'd post it here for those deliberating a purchase.

"Apparently the reason we aren't seeing many reviews is the game is completely bug ridden. Majesco has sent out "reviewable" copies to reviewers and there are tons of bugs. Majesco promises there wont be many bugs but they have given no copies that have been bug free. So a lot of the review sites are waiting for the retail version.

This is what a freelance writer who does work for EGM and OXM wrote in the 1up forums:

"OK IGN's is up, but there's a whole lot that people aren't talking about. Here's the skinny: I first got "reviewable" three weeks ago and, in addition to the heinous framerate you're reading about in all posted reviews, I encountered bugs and glitches of every variety imaginable. I checked in with Majesco to make sure that I was in fact playing the final product. They said no and sent me another version. Same thing with that. They said no yet again, and sent what they insisted was gold (the previous burns had been submission candidates). Same thing yet again. Now we're waiting for retail versions to arrive to verify that it's the same build, and all signs so far say it probably is.

So in short....Audio bugs. Progress-stopping bugs. Weirdness bugs. Targeting bugs. Camera bugs. AI bugs. Scripting bugs. You name it. "

LOL. Maybe its not worth my time to play a bug filled game. Not even for 1million dollars since I know I wont win.

I can confirm all the glitchiness. I received my preorder from EBgames today. In short, tons of potential brought down by plenty of flaws...the framerate being the worst. It literally gets "Max Payne 1 (PS2) bad" at times. It's a fun game and I like it despite the flaws, but if you're not really forgiving on games then its a definite pass. This one will go down in price in no time.

bread's done
Back