need radical ways of screwing a scammer...

A

Apossum

so there's this ebayer. he has screwed people all over the world for 1000s...we have his address and all that and it's real. this is beyond paypal and ebay claims-- how do you really get them?

[quote name='Apossum']so there's this ebayer. he has screwed people all over the world for 1000s...we have his address and all that and it's real. this is beyond paypal and ebay claims-- how do you really get them?[/quote]

Ever see Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back? Go to his house and kick his ass.

he lives in Indiana...though other people who have been scammed live there. maybe they will.

one time when I used to trade live music, someone sent a scammer a piece of shit in a ziplock. the receivers reaction on the forum was classic :lol: I dunno if I can pull that though.

maybe I'll just get everyone to call the police at once.

[quote name='Apossum']he lives in Indiana...though other people who have been scammed live there. maybe they will.

one time when I used to trade live music, someone sent a scammer a piece of shit in a ziplock. the receivers reaction on the forum was classic :lol: I dunno if I can pull that though.

maybe I'll just get everyone to call the police at once.[/quote]
Where at? As you can see I live in Indiana too, and my friends and I always have some mischief up our sleeves. Wouldn't mind helping a CAGer out if he's close to me

First off who is the Scammer?

Second of all if this is a big time scammer there is something called layers first.

Third of all these are people.

Forth of all Indiana is just a stone throw away and is in the USA and thats barely far.

More important did you take this up with Ebay before ?

I suggest all you duped people get together and form a network, get your layers and get real, then strike with federal action.

If you don't decided to use lawyers then get together and kidnap the moron and send him to South America with a sign on him that says Theif in Portugal and Spanish or better yet send him to deep China.

[quote name='GrimNecroWizard']Where at? As you can see I live in Indiana too, and my friends and I always have some mischief up our sleeves. Wouldn't mind helping a CAGer out if he's close to me[/QUOTE]

Moore's Creek...I think less than 1000 people live there.

First off who is the Scammer?

Second of all if this is a big time scammer there is something called layers first.

Third of all these are people.

Forth of all Indiana is just a stone throw away.

More important did you take this up with Ebay before ?

I suggest all you duped people get together and form a network, get your layers and get real, then strike with federal action.

1. justin_anderson
2. very big time. what's this layers thing...we've all filed through ebay and paypal and waited on him. it's go time.
3. what?
4. okay.
5. yes.

6. we did, we've got a huge thread going, but are ready to make our next move.

[quote name='Apossum']2. very big time. what's this layers thing...we've all filed through ebay and paypal and waited on him. it's go time.
[/quote]
I think he meant 'lawyers', but mis-typed it a couple times. Just guessing based on the context, though.

EDIT - Pulled up the guy's feedback...yikes!

kinda scary, eh? 800 perfect feedbacks then BAM! he scams everyone. you should've seen the weird shit he wrote me too. maybe I should post it...they are almost serial killer-caliber

Well I suggest calling your layers about this. I assume at least one or two people at the round table in your thread knows the law and can get suggestions.

Further more I choose to stay out of this since my ideas may sound eradic

[quote name='RegalSin2020']Well I suggest calling your layers about this. I assume at least one or two people at the round table in your thread knows the law and can get suggestions.

Further more I choose to stay out of this since my ideas may sound eradic[/QUOTE]

Why do you keep on insisting it's "Layers" and not "Lawyers"?

Everytime you say layers I think of Shrek 1 when Shrek is explaining to Donkey that Ogre's have layers like an Onion. :) Good Stuff. Good Stuff.

[quote name='RegalSin2020']Well I suggest calling your layers about this. I assume at least one or two people at the round table in your thread knows the law and can get suggestions.

Further more I choose to stay out of this since my ideas may sound eradic[/QUOTE]

okay, I'll call my layers. all 20 of them that I keep around for situations like this :lol:

[quote name='Apossum']okay, I'll call my layers. all 20 of them that I keep around for situations like this :lol:[/QUOTE]
You've got a lot to live up to...if it's not on the scale of the P-P-P-Powerbook or the S-S-S-Sidekick, don't bother.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Hopefully they live in or near a large city..... Post a ad on Craigslist and the local Freecycle websites that you are moving and are in a big rush and can't have a yard sale so your just gonna be giving everything away that you don't wanna take to your new place. Say you'll start setting stuff outside at around 1pm and any help moving it would be appreciated..... Mention some furniture items that that are free and you can't move by yourself etc... All the vultures will start banging on his door to help themselves to freebies![/FONT]

[quote name='$hady'][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Hopefully they live in or near a large city..... Post a ad on Craigslist and the local Freecycle websites that you are moving and are in a big rush and can't have a yard sale so your just gonna be giving everything away that you don't wanna take to your new place. Say you'll start setting stuff outside at around 1pm and any help moving it would be appreciated..... Mention some furniture items that that are free and you can't move by yourself etc... All the vultures will start banging on his door to help themselves to freebies![/FONT][/QUOTE]

that's a great idea! hopefully they'll start fighting with all the pizza guys and let's see...who else can I get over there...

You've got a lot to live up to...if it's not on the scale of the P-P-P-Powerbook or the S-S-S-Sidekick, don't bother.

I wish I were that creative...I'd rather just annoy the hell out of the guy. I've actually already received a refund from this guy, this is for the other 100 people or so. normally I wouldn't care, but this guy is a real douche.

here's one email he sent:

everyone is going to get their items. Problem is, people don't want to
be patient. They don't want to hear "I have a lot of packages to mail"
or "I have a lot of customers". Everyone thinks that they're the only
customer I have. I tried the truth many times and no one wanted to hear
it. I have 70 people still waiting but things take time to box and mail.
I'm somehow expected to mail everything at once? Maybe my mistake was
telling people anything. I've told people to be patient over and over as
I have a lot of customers but it's useless. The truth doesn't work
anymore. People don't want to hear it. I figured people might wait if
they could sympathize but I was right all along- people are basically
evil and selfish and do not care about others in the end. I just wanted
a week or 2 to get things taken care of but the truth wasn't working.

Our family is not rich. I have no money to give back. I'd refund people
and be done with it if I had money. All my eBay money has gone to
expenses and even then it has not helped much. But I think my feedback
speaks that people get their stuff(not that people much care). And I
will mail everything out. It will take time. I had to close Paypal to
keep people's complaints from sucking every dime from our pockets in the
meantime. People are willing to ruin us because they won't wait. I've
lost faith in humanity and this country's values.

Even after I mail everything out I still will not reopen my account.
eBay simply is not worth the hassle anymore. I'm growing sick of dealing
with the customers. Not that I have anything left to sell. It's all
gone. The next big money problem that comes up will ruin us. It's hard
to stay sane when the bank hits you for a $35 overdraft fee on every
check that comes in if your account goes under. We've lost thousands to
those fees in the past year. We live paycheck to paycheck. I'm losing
the will to live. My mother is probably the only reason I haven't killed
myself out of the depression of dealing with this. Someone has to watch
over her.

and then after this, he sent out about 50 fake delivery confirmation numbers.

[quote name='Apossum']here's one email he sent:

and then after this, he sent out about 50 fake delivery confirmation numbers.[/QUOTE]

That is fucked up beyond all belief.

you could make news with this one, go to a payphone call police and say someone broke into my house (his address) and shot my wife, he's in the other room, hurry!

Not that I would do that being highly illegal, but I'm sure that guy would be surprised from all the police showing up at his house

[quote name='the_deej']you could make news with this one, go to a payphone call police and say someone broke into my house (his address) and shot my wife, he's in the other room, hurry!

Not that I would do that being highly illegal, but I'm sure that guy would be surprised from all the police showing up at his house[/QUOTE]

I think they'd have caller ID in this day and age. funny as hell none the less. I might try the rabid dog thing though, less at stake with that one.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']That is fucked up beyond all belief.[/QUOTE]

that's only half of it. Before that he was contacting everyone, posing as "his cousin" and saying that he had gotten into a car accident, that he was critical, and that his dad had died in it. what a fuck up.

[quote name='Apossum']I think they'd have caller ID in this day and age. funny as hell none the less. I might try the rabid dog thing though, less at stake with that one.[/quote]
Just think of anything like that and pizza that would come to his house and would be doing it for money. Call them all up and have them come at the same time. Get him up for a new Dish or Cable installation or something too.

Edit: Do it all from a pay phone.

got it-- payphone for sure.

edit: I should order a moore's hill phone book and sign him up and order stuff to him whenever I get bored :lol:

Could I suggest that it's possible that the person responsible for getting the 800 positive feedback comments is somehow also a victim in this? Maybe they fell for a phishing scheme; my boss at work has fallen for the same trick three times already. I wouldn't advise any hasty reactions unless and until you know the whole story.

[quote name='dratsacras']Could I suggest that it's possible that the person responsible for getting the 800 positive feedback comments is somehow also a victim in this? Maybe they fell for a phishing scheme; my boss at work has fallen for the same trick three times already. I wouldn't advise any hasty reactions unless and until you know the whole story.[/QUOTE]

it has been considered and there is just no way any more. this has been going on for too long without any comments by the "real" user. They have had more than an ample opportunity to respond. there's even a URL in the guys feedback where he could have posted--instead, the person sent emails to me and had me post them. I had regular contact with him for a few days before the fake DC#s went out. I played nice guy for a while and got a refund out of him and some people have received items, which a phisher wouldn't do. the post mark was from his home town as well.

but there's about 50 people who got fake confirmation numbers and who are getting scammed--and they all seem to have the highest priced items. Now his email bounces, as it was cut off like he said he would and nobody answers his home phone--he probably screens calls.

it's frustrating me because I keep telling the people in the forum that paypal and ebay won't do anything and that we need to call the cops...but none of them listen :bomb: I can't call them because I'm technically not involved any more, but I'd like nothing better than to get this guy is in trouble.

nevermind, looks like I don't need to do anything. there's a detective on his case.
about $10,000 in goods and reports are still coming in. all the people who were scammed are also pissed at paypal/ebay and submitted a report to NBC and other TV stations about it :lol: hopefully something will come of that.

anyway, this guy is fuckED!

glad you didn't fall for it either SOS trooper :)

Here's a digg of it:
http://digg.com/search?search=Buyer+protection

not sure if anyone's interested but hey, $10,000 in fraud and no intervention by paypal or ebay whatsoever? Actually, nevermind intervention, they're fully permitting this guy to do what he's doing.

Maybe this kind of thing happens often, I dunno, but it's pretty fucked up.

I wouldn't blindly trust just anyone on ebay that couldn't provide a picture of an item (even if he had had gobs of positive feedback). It would have to be someone I know. That's just me though.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']I wouldn't blindly trust just anyone on ebay that couldn't provide a picture of an item (even if he had had gobs of positive feedback). It would have to be someone I know. That's just me though.[/QUOTE]

Not everyone has a digital camera though... I don't have one, I'm sure as hell not going to buy one just for Ebay, so all I have available are the stock photos.

I think, in a situation where it's just the stock photo and a description, all it takes is to read someone's feedback.

[quote name='Roufuss']Not everyone has a digital camera though... I don't have one, I'm sure as hell not going to buy one just for Ebay, so all I have available are the stock photos.

I think, in a situation where it's just the stock photo and a description, all it takes is to read someone's feedback.[/quote]

Yeah but he didn't even have stock photos for any of the ones I saw. Plus, good deals can be found on cameras.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=4268299

This one is only $68 for a 3.2 megapixel camera. That's WAY better than my 2.1 megapixel camera I got two years ago. It really pays for itself. Mine has come in so handy for all kinds of things whether it is taking a picture of the dog or taking pics of items for my tradelist.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']I wouldn't blindly trust just anyone on ebay that couldn't provide a picture of an item (even if he had had gobs of positive feedback). It would have to be someone I know. That's just me though.[/QUOTE]

that's usually my policy.

800 positive feedback and about 7 years experience-- I thought I couldn't go wrong.

this reminds me, i need a new digital camera. the only media mine takes is floppy discs :lol:

[quote name='crystalklear64']Which is why you don't use paypal OR ebay...[/QUOTE]

show me the alternative where people will still pay $40 for a sealed, non gh MGS2 and I'm there.

[quote name='Porksta']I know it's not Gamestop but, you could always do the "glitter bitches" thing at his house.[/QUOTE]

I'm gonna rent a helicopter and dump a 500 lb bag of glitter on his house.

[quote name='Apossum']I'm gonna rent a helicopter and dump a 500 lb bag of glitter on his house.[/quote]

Did anyone elses sides hurt after reading that?

These people who got fake DC numbers need to file with the postal inspectors. He's commited mail fraud. They'll go after him.

[quote name='Apossum']not sure if anyone's interested but hey, $10,000 in fraud and no intervention by paypal or ebay whatsoever? Actually, nevermind intervention, they're fully permitting this guy to do what he's doing.

Maybe this kind of thing happens often, I dunno, but it's pretty fucked up.[/quote]

Hell yeah it's screwed up. I have a paypal case open right now where a buyer filed a claim and they won't let me have the money ($150) but the funny thing is, The packages are at the guys post office, he just hadn't picked them up yet. They have the DC number saying they are there, but they won't release the money. They are one hell of a screwed up company.

[quote name='puternerd']These people who got fake DC numbers need to file with the postal inspectors. He's commited mail fraud. They'll go after him.[/quote]

I really wish the USPS wouldn't allow the slips to be so easily available. I know it is a convenience issue. But it would be much better if you could only get a DC when postage is paid.

[quote name='Apossum']here's one email he sent:

and then after this, he sent out about 50 fake delivery confirmation numbers.[/QUOTE]

This makes me laugh.First of all if you can't pay to ship then you don't sell.How can you say you don't have the money to ship when people who buy from you pay shipping costs? Maybe instead of throwing a pity party for himself he will realize that when you charge someone shipping fee's you use that money to ship the item.If I were you id go all out on him file complaint after ocmplait with ebay and paypal if you paid by paypal you can get your money back call them.

Also giving out fake confirmation numbers is considered Mail fraud

[quote name='Azumangaman']Did anyone elses sides hurt after reading that?[/quote]

Who the hell came up with that glitter thing, anyway?

[quote name='Apossum']show me the alternative where people will still pay $40 for a sealed, non gh MGS2 and I'm there.[/QUOTE]
Probably isn't one, but to me the risks are too high to make some extra cash. Until recently I was even wary of buying anything online except computer parts. All these horrible things I hear about how paypal screws people out of their money, ebay sides with people clearly in the wrong.. I don't see how people can keep using em'.

Probably isn't one, but to me the risks are too high to make some extra cash. Until recently I was even wary of buying anything online except computer parts. All these horrible things I hear about how paypal screws people out of their money, ebay sides with people clearly in the wrong.. I don't see how people can keep using em'.

Like anything, you just got to be smart. The majority of people on ebay are fine. Paypal does suck, but I move my money straight out of the account as soon as it is recieved. I've bought and sold on Ebay for a few years now, not crazy amounts of stuff but every now and then I grab something or sell something. I've sold big stuff like laptops and even sold my jeep. The buyer for the laptop tried to scam me afterwards by claiming the laptop was broken but I just stood firm and told him he needs to claim the insurance from the USPS then and he went away. I tend not to buy really expensive items on Ebay since you probably aren't getting that good of a deal to begin with and the risk is greater. I get DC on every shipment I make just for a lil protection as well.

bread's done
Back