- - - - -

need radical ways of screwing a scammer...

Guest_Apossum_*

Posted 08 July 2006 - 07:56 PM

glad you didn't fall for it either SOS trooper :)

Here's a digg of it:
http://digg.com/sear...uyer protection

not sure if anyone's interested but hey, $10,000 in fraud and no intervention by paypal or ebay whatsoever? Actually, nevermind intervention, they're fully permitting this guy to do what he's doing.

Maybe this kind of thing happens often, I dunno, but it's pretty fucked up.

#32 crystalklear64   Ded CAGiversary!   13617 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

crystalklear64

Posted 08 July 2006 - 08:30 PM

Which is why you don't use paypal OR ebay...

#33 GuilewasNK   No gimmicks necessary. CAGiversary!   21267 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 08 July 2006 - 09:12 PM

I wouldn't blindly trust just anyone on ebay that couldn't provide a picture of an item (even if he had had gobs of positive feedback). It would have to be someone I know. That's just me though.

#34 Roufuss   is now a coupon CAGiversary!   21591 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Posted 08 July 2006 - 09:29 PM

I wouldn't blindly trust just anyone on ebay that couldn't provide a picture of an item (even if he had had gobs of positive feedback). It would have to be someone I know. That's just me though.

Not everyone has a digital camera though... I don't have one, I'm sure as hell not going to buy one just for Ebay, so all I have available are the stock photos.

I think, in a situation where it's just the stock photo and a description, all it takes is to read someone's feedback.

#35 GuilewasNK   No gimmicks necessary. CAGiversary!   21267 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 08 July 2006 - 09:46 PM

Not everyone has a digital camera though... I don't have one, I'm sure as hell not going to buy one just for Ebay, so all I have available are the stock photos.

I think, in a situation where it's just the stock photo and a description, all it takes is to read someone's feedback.

Yeah but he didn't even have stock photos for any of the ones I saw. Plus, good deals can be found on cameras.

http://www.walmart.c...duct_id=4268299

This one is only $68 for a 3.2 megapixel camera. That's WAY better than my 2.1 megapixel camera I got two years ago. It really pays for itself. Mine has come in so handy for all kinds of things whether it is taking a picture of the dog or taking pics of items for my tradelist.

Guest_Apossum_*

Posted 08 July 2006 - 10:57 PM

that's usually my policy.

800 positive feedback and about 7 years experience-- I thought I couldn't go wrong.

this reminds me, i need a new digital camera. the only media mine takes is floppy discs :lol:

Guest_Apossum_*

Posted 08 July 2006 - 10:58 PM

Which is why you don't use paypal OR ebay...

show me the alternative where people will still pay $40 for a sealed, non gh MGS2 and I'm there.

#38 Porksta   Sillier Mofo CAGiversary!   2056 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 09 July 2006 - 12:20 AM

I know it's not Gamestop but, you could always do the "glitter bitches" thing at his house.

Guest_Apossum_*

Posted 09 July 2006 - 12:36 AM

I know it's not Gamestop but, you could always do the "glitter bitches" thing at his house.

I'm gonna rent a helicopter and dump a 500 lb bag of glitter on his house.

#40 beguile   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   579 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 09 July 2006 - 01:09 AM

http://feedback.ebay...P:feedback:2:us

This buyer left a positive feedback to the seller after being scammed. ROFL!

"+stole $135.00 from me will be fileing claim with police/small claims court/Feds
Buyer rushboy99 ( 88) Jul-07-06 02:31 6063849361"

#41 Azumangaman  

Azumangaman

Posted 09 July 2006 - 01:37 AM

I'm gonna rent a helicopter and dump a 500 lb bag of glitter on his house.

Did anyone elses sides hurt after reading that?

#42 getmeoutofjoliet   noob CAGiversary!   5510 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

getmeoutofjoliet

Posted 09 July 2006 - 02:19 AM

get on his local craigslist, head to casual encounters, reply to as many gay men that you can, and help him get in touch with his feminine side...

#43 puternerd   Sex nuts & retard strong CAGiversary!   491 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 09 July 2006 - 03:56 AM

These people who got fake DC numbers need to file with the postal inspectors. He's commited mail fraud. They'll go after him.

#44 schuerm26   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4571 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 09 July 2006 - 12:19 PM

not sure if anyone's interested but hey, $10,000 in fraud and no intervention by paypal or ebay whatsoever? Actually, nevermind intervention, they're fully permitting this guy to do what he's doing.

Maybe this kind of thing happens often, I dunno, but it's pretty fucked up.

Hell yeah it's screwed up. I have a paypal case open right now where a buyer filed a claim and they won't let me have the money ($150) but the funny thing is, The packages are at the guys post office, he just hadn't picked them up yet. They have the DC number saying they are there, but they won't release the money. They are one hell of a screwed up company.

#45 GuilewasNK   No gimmicks necessary. CAGiversary!   21267 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 09 July 2006 - 12:37 PM

These people who got fake DC numbers need to file with the postal inspectors. He's commited mail fraud. They'll go after him.

I really wish the USPS wouldn't allow the slips to be so easily available. I know it is a convenience issue. But it would be much better if you could only get a DC when postage is paid.

#46 cmagus   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   555 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 09 July 2006 - 01:09 PM

here's one email he sent:

and then after this, he sent out about 50 fake delivery confirmation numbers.

This makes me laugh.First of all if you can't pay to ship then you don't sell.How can you say you don't have the money to ship when people who buy from you pay shipping costs? Maybe instead of throwing a pity party for himself he will realize that when you charge someone shipping fee's you use that money to ship the item.If I were you id go all out on him file complaint after ocmplait with ebay and paypal if you paid by paypal you can get your money back call them.

Also giving out fake confirmation numbers is considered Mail fraud

#47 ratzombie   aka yunkie CAGiversary!   12864 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 09 July 2006 - 01:14 PM

Did anyone elses sides hurt after reading that?

Who the hell came up with that glitter thing, anyway?

#48 crystalklear64   Ded CAGiversary!   13617 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

crystalklear64

Posted 10 July 2006 - 03:37 PM

show me the alternative where people will still pay $40 for a sealed, non gh MGS2 and I'm there.

Probably isn't one, but to me the risks are too high to make some extra cash. Until recently I was even wary of buying anything online except computer parts. All these horrible things I hear about how paypal screws people out of their money, ebay sides with people clearly in the wrong.. I don't see how people can keep using em'.

#49 zebbers   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   169 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 10 July 2006 - 03:49 PM

Probably isn't one, but to me the risks are too high to make some extra cash. Until recently I was even wary of buying anything online except computer parts. All these horrible things I hear about how paypal screws people out of their money, ebay sides with people clearly in the wrong.. I don't see how people can keep using em'.

Like anything, you just got to be smart. The majority of people on ebay are fine. Paypal does suck, but I move my money straight out of the account as soon as it is recieved. I've bought and sold on Ebay for a few years now, not crazy amounts of stuff but every now and then I grab something or sell something. I've sold big stuff like laptops and even sold my jeep. The buyer for the laptop tried to scam me afterwards by claiming the laptop was broken but I just stood firm and told him he needs to claim the insurance from the USPS then and he went away. I tend not to buy really expensive items on Ebay since you probably aren't getting that good of a deal to begin with and the risk is greater. I get DC on every shipment I make just for a lil protection as well.