Can anyone who has Tales of Eternia help me??

Roufuss

CAGiversary!
Feedback
102 (100%)
Tales of Eternia keeps freezing on me at the ruins of Volt when I've got to press the white switch. I'm wondering if anyone else had this same problem and how to fix it? Apparently, it seems to be tied into firmware (I've got 2.60) but nobody really knows.

GameFAQs has a whole thread on it but it seems no one has responded to it in some time.

If anyone who has ToE wants to get me past that part if I send them my save file, and then send it back, I would GREATLY appreciate it. As it stands right now, I've just wasted $45 and 16 hours on my life because I CANNOT get past this part as it freeze EVERYTIME.

I just finnished volt a few days ago and didnt have the problem... but like you said I have a 1.5, with that in mind I dont think a game from firmware 1.5 will play on one with 2.6. Now that there is a down grader out for you... have you thought about down grading? Then you can grab the ISO and play with my save or any of the others online.

I never heard about the glitch. Sounds horrid.

[quote name='BREVITY']I just finnished volt a few days ago and didnt have the problem... but like you said I have a 1.5, with that in mind I dont think a game from firmware 1.5 will play on one with 2.6. Now that there is a down grader out for you... have you thought about down grading? Then you can grab the ISO and play with my save or any of the others online.

I never heard about the glitch. Sounds horrid.[/QUOTE]

I didn't realize a downgrader for 2.6 was out? Point me in the right direction and I will GLADLY try it, because yea, this is a horrid glitch, all of my progress is down the drain since I can't get past this part.

The only other thing I can do, and this is what some people on GameFAQ's did, was send their file to someone who could get past that part, they did it, and they sent the save file back... I imagine that would work too.

[quote name='Roufuss']I didn't realize a downgrader for 2.6 was out? Point me in the right direction and I will GLADLY try it, because yea, this is a horrid glitch, all of my progress is down the drain since I can't get past this part.

The only other thing I can do, and this is what some people on GameFAQ's did, was send their file to someone who could get past that part, they did it, and they sent the save file back... I imagine that would work too.[/QUOTE]

http://www.psp-hacks.com/2006/07/01/working-26-downgrader-beta/

[quote name='Roufuss']Unfortunately, I don't know where to get the damn 1.5 Downdater files from.[/QUOTE]

huh?!
"The re-packaged RAR archive also includes the required DOWNDATER directory and files generated from the 1.50 helper - place it in the root of your memory stick."
I checked the rar file and it does have the 1.5 Downdater files.

I don't think the downgrader will solve the problem, but hopefully it will.
Good Luck

I thought Tales required 2.5 firmware?

I remember Tales freezing once on me at one point, but I tried again and it did not freeze.

[quote name='b3b0p']I thought Tales required 2.5 firmware?

I remember Tales freezing once on me at one point, but I tried again and it did not freeze.[/QUOTE]

Tales requires 2.00.

I've tried to get past the white switch at Volt 5 times now, it freezes at the same point every single damn time.

The fact I have to downgrade just to play the fucking game really pisses me off.

Edit 1: This is fucking stupid... I have firmware 2.00 and it STILL FREEZES AT THE SAME SPOT. Please someone with this game, who's gotten past this part, let me send you my save file so you can beat it, then send it back... I would start the game over with a 2.00 firmware but who knows if i'll waste ANOTHER 16 hours getting to this part to have it freeze again.

This is so fucking stupid... so many people are having the same problem on GameFAQs as well and there is no fix... I got this version to NOT spend close to $100 on the PS One version but now I might not have a choice. fuck you Ubisoft.

Edit 2: There is no save file available right after Volt either... no one knows what causes this stupid fucking glitch. It could be a disc error, it could be a firmware error (I started on 2.6, it still freezes when I downgraded to 2.0), I'm really at my wits end because this is fucking RIDICULOUS that a glitch like this has no fix.

Sounds like its your UMD. You know since you own the game i guess it'd be okay for you to play the ISO for it....

i'd offer to help but i hated the hell out of the Volt stage. Plus all my characters were lvl 250 so it might not be as easy using your file.

[quote name='Bezerker']Sounds like its your UMD. You know since you own the game i guess it'd be okay for you to play the ISO for it....

i'd offer to help but i hated the hell out of the Volt stage. Plus all my characters were lvl 250 so it might not be as easy using your file.[/QUOTE]

The entire dungeon is done, including the boss... I've beaten it, all I've got to do is do the roulette wheel, watch the little story where I
get excalibur
and then I just need someone to save and send me the file back. It freezes right where I have to "push the white switch!" after beating Volt. The screen comes up where it says "Push X to spin!" and then none of the buttons work. It dosen't freeze because Volt still floats around, the music still plays, it's just none of the buttons work anymore.

And The Ender, according to GameFAQ's people with 2.7 are still having the problem. I got it off Ebay, the seller has a return / exchange policy of one week upon receival so I still qualify for that, I just hope I can exchange it no problem, and that this next UMD isn't faulty as well.

I would downgrade all the way to 1.5 and use an ISO just to get past the part, but I only have a 32 mb memory card.

I'm literally about to have a fucking aneruysm, I've been looking for a fix for the last 9 - 10 hours, I feel like I've pissed away $45 on a stupid fucking glitch Ubisoft couldn't catch in time, and that I've wasted 16 hours I can never get back. I hope the seller dosen't dick around about sending a replacement (they have many more copies available, I checked) or else I'm going to do a charge back, since I'm well within the refund time. I just hope the second copy works, because if that's defective, then I'm really screwed since I can't keep requesting more copies.

[quote name='Roufuss']Tales requires 2.00.

I've tried to get past the white switch at Volt 5 times now, it freezes at the same point every single damn time.

The fact I have to downgrade just to play the fucking game really pisses me off.

Edit 1: This is fucking stupid... I have firmware 2.00 and it STILL FREEZES AT THE SAME SPOT. Please someone with this game, who's gotten past this part, let me send you my save file so you can beat it, then send it back... I would start the game over with a 2.00 firmware but who knows if i'll waste ANOTHER 16 hours getting to this part to have it freeze again.

This is so fucking stupid... so many people are having the same problem on GameFAQs as well and there is no fix... I got this version to NOT spend close to $100 on the PS One version but now I might not have a choice. fuck you Ubisoft.

Edit 2: There is no save file available right after Volt either... no one knows what causes this stupid fucking glitch. It could be a disc error, it could be a firmware error (I started on 2.6, it still freezes when I downgraded to 2.0), I'm really at my wits end because this is fucking RIDICULOUS that a glitch like this has no fix.[/QUOTE]
I might consider dealing my sealed PS1 copy, of ToE; however, there's no way I'd ask $100 for it.;)

Yeah, I heard about the game freezing too the other day, at GameFAQs. Now, I'm a little worried about it. :( I hope someone puts a game save up just past that area, because of the problems.

I'm going to be hated greatly for saying this, but one good thing about SCEA is, a game has to go through their thorough testing procedure before being released. I remember many RPGs failing the test because of some major glitches (Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana, Growlanser Generations, etc.), so they had to be delayed and could not be submitted again until the glitch or problems were fixed. I just wonder if SCEE does that. Oh course Ubi Soft should be testing too, but only having one company test it won't always fix everything.

[quote name='62t']upload the save file and I will see what i can do.[/QUOTE]

Upload where? It's a small file, is there any way I can email it to you?

[quote name='Weedy649']damn im scared now.....im half way through volt hope mine doesnt freeze[/QUOTE]

If you get past it and it dosen't freeze, let me know what firmware you have, or anyone who's gotten past it. I'm trying to see if it's a 2.6 problem (which is a long shot, but who knows) or if I just got a bum UMD.

[quote name='Samurai T']
Yeah, I heard about the game freezing too the other day, at GameFAQs. Now, I'm a little worried about it. :( I hope someone puts a game save up just past that area, because of the problems.
[/QUOTE]

If I can get past that area, I'll put up my gamesave.

The only downside is that it would freeze again in Hardcore / Mania mode if you were to replay the game.

[quote name='62t']try megaupload.com free and no need to sign up.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. You want me to PM you the link when Im done?

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=O4FIN2XW

There it is. It has to be in the second save slot for it to work, I believe, since I saved it in the second slot (001). All I need done is to do the stupid roulette wheel Volt puzzle, and then save at the first possible point you can.

[quote name='62t']well just try my uk copie and it also freeze on me.[/QUOTE]

Same part and everything? Press X to spin?

Then it can't be my UMD, if you're trying yours and it had previously worked for you right? Maybe it really IS firmware related? I mean, is it just some kind of weird glitch on my data?

I started the game on a 2.6, I don't want to restart but I might have to. If anyone else has a save RIGHT BEFORE or during the ruins of volt, can you upload it and I can try it out? If someone elses save works then it's my data that got all fucked up.

[quote name='Roufuss']Same part and everything? Press X to spin?

Then it can't be my UMD, if you're trying yours and it had previously worked for you right? Maybe it really IS firmware related?[/QUOTE]
um no, i havent gotten that far in the PSP version.

[quote name='62t']um no, i havent gotten that far in the PSP version.[/QUOTE]

You said you tried it and it froze on you... did my data freeze on you or something at that part? That's what I'm trying to figure out.

[quote name='Samurai T']I might consider dealing my sealed PS1 copy, of ToE; however, there's no way I'd ask $100 for it.;)

I'm going to be hated greatly for saying this, but one good thing about SCEA is, a game has to go through their thorough testing procedure before being released. I remember many RPGs failing the test because of some major glitches (Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana, Growlanser Generations, etc.), so they had to be delayed and could not be submitted again until the glitch or problems were fixed. I just wonder if SCEE does that. Oh course Ubi Soft should be testing too, but only having one company test it won't always fix everything.[/QUOTE]

the glitch is still in the US version of Atelier Iris. It happens after you beat the game.

[quote name='Roufuss']You said you tried it and it froze on you... did my data freeze on you or something at that part? That's what I'm trying to figure out.[/QUOTE]
no, i mean using your data is the first time i reach that point and it freeze.

So it dosen't seem like a firmware problem, more like my data is corrupted?

I'd hate to start over and still be at the same part. I don't get it though... people on GameFAQ's sent their file to other people and it worked for that other person, who then sent it back?

If anyone else wants to give the save file a shot, or save their own file in the ruins of volt and upload the file (Weedy!!) I could try it that way to see if it's my UMD or if its my data.

Hell, a save file anywhere near there would work too, I just don't want to restart the game if it is my UMD.

[quote name='62t']the glitch is still in the US version of Atelier Iris. It happens after you beat the game.[/QUOTE]I heard there were other glitches too, as to why the game got delayed. I remember NIS America stating their game failed SCEA's testing, and they had to work with Gust to fix a glitch.

Do you have the file up on rapidshare or something? I figure ill give it a try, help you find out if its the save file itself or your UMD.

[quote name='Bezerker']Do you have the file up on rapidshare or something? I figure ill give it a try, help you find out if its the save file itself or your UMD.[/QUOTE]

The link is right here:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=O4FIN2XW

Just make sure it goes into the second save slot or else it won't work, which is what I've been told, since I saved it into the second slot.

I definitely appreciate it.

[quote name='Bezerker']Do you have the file up on rapidshare or something? I figure ill give it a try, help you find out if its the save file itself or your UMD.[/QUOTE]
it is on the first page.

Alright, i had no problems, so it must be your UMD?

I finished the roulette puzzle, I walked outside the door and saved, next (according to the convo that happened after solving the puzzle) you need to head to Tinnisia (just a hint so your not lost after you start up the save).

Heres the MU link to the save:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3J27ZWIC

Sorry I left you hanging I went out yesterday after posting. Glad to see that your getting it worked out. If this doesnt work though let me know and I can send you my save or you can down grade to 1.5 and use the ISO. Best of luck I am loving this game so far.

[quote name='Bezerker']Alright, i had no problems, so it must be your UMD?

I finished the roulette puzzle, I walked outside the door and saved, next (according to the convo that happened after solving the puzzle) you need to head to Tinnisia (just a hint so your not lost after you start up the save).

Heres the MU link to the save:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3J27ZWIC[/QUOTE]

Thanks a ton. I read that
shadow and rem came out and made Excalibur and everything

I'm still going to try to get a replacement from the seller, as well.

I definitely appreciate it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The link is directing back to CAG? No worries, I just typed it in manually.

[quote name='Roufuss']Thanks a ton. I read that
shadow and rem came out and made Excalibur and everything

I'm still going to try to get a replacement from the seller, as well.

I definitely appreciate it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The link is directing back to CAG? No worries, I just typed it in manually.[/QUOTE]
Cut and paste the link.

The only problem I can see now is that if I ever played the game on Hardcore or Mania, these same problems are going to arise again :(

But hey, at least I can finish the game now, and for that I am super grateful.

Im sorry to bother bringing back an old thread. But. I would like to know if you can get me past the white switch aswell? If so. Wich files do i need to upload? Only the Data.bin?

Just wanted to say I'm having the same problem now. Just defeated Volt... there is a save point right beside the stage Volt is on to the left. I start there and everytime I try to go to the white switch it freezes just saying "X: Start the Slots!!"

This is extremely frustrating. Can anyone help here?

join the club, just happened to me too, and its bloody frustrating, there is a save file on gamefaqs though. will try it now.

To rebump a very old thread. What is the deal with this now? Does ToE still freeze on the newest PSP firmware? Or has any patch come out etc?

bread's done
Back