What is the worst game you have ever bought?

hiccupleftovers

CAGiversary!
For me it's definently Stake: Fortune Fighters. That game is the worst in every facet of a game. It runs the gamut on crappyness, from graphics to sound to anything you can think of. Why the decided to make this game is beyond me. Coming in a close second is Metal Dungeon, for mostly the same type of reasons, but it's a dungeon crawling RPG, which it lasted a little longer than Stake.

So far its a toss up between X2 Wolverine's Revenge and Chaos Legion, I hate both equally at this point though if I keep sitting through sessions of Chaos Legion trying to find redeeming qualities that may change.

Enter the Matrix. I was stupid enough to buy into the hype and pick it up when it first came out. I still kick myself for waisting $50 on it.

Either Bugs Bunny's Crazy Castle 2 for GameBoy, GTA 2 for GBA, or T2 for GameGear. While none are terrible by any means, they are the least fun of my games.

before there was a real RPG on dreamcast i fell for the climax landers hype... dear god they owe me 15 hours of my life, actually they should give me twice as much back, 30 hours they owe me!

Hmm well in quality? or Value?

Worst value was State of Emergency on release day. But overall it's not THAT bad, just a rip-off for 49.99

Worst in terms of gameplay was probably Sim City 2000 for the GBA, the GBA version is damn near unplayable, it's nothing like the PC version.

Kether for the Magnovox CD-I. I saved up all my money to buy not only that game, but the CD-I system. I tried to convince myself that it was not a waste of money, but it didnt work. I think I cried myself to sleep after dropping all that money on that game and the system. I did enjoy Burn Cycle on the system somewhat.

In more recent times, I would say Minority Report, even though it was .99 cents at Best Buy. Still sucked.

Hmm...if we're talking value...I could say Pokemon Snap, which I bought when it came out for 50 bucks and it was over in one night. Or Seaman. Huge disappointment, Seaman was.

As for quality...well...Batman: Dark Tomorrow for Xbox is damn near unplayable. I only paid 5 bucks for it, though, so it wasn't a HUGE loss.

the Hellboy PS1 game.. I was really excited when I came across this six months or so ago while looking for a couple of issues I had missed on half.com or ebay.. but good lord it sucked. It was released in 2003. I'd love to hear that story... was it delayed for some reason to be released so late in the PS1's life?

[quote name='soulyogurt']the Hellboy PS1 game.. I was really excited when I came across this six months or so ago while looking for a couple of issues I had missed on half.com or ebay.. but good lord it sucked. It was released in 2003. I'd love to hear that story... was it delayed for some reason to be released so late in the PS1's life?[/quote]

I think it might have had something to do with the movie's release.

Crusin USA for N64, I remember Nintendo was saying the game was going to be a 100% perfect arcade translation but the game had a horrible framerate which made it almost unplayable, was censored (animals that you could run over in the arcade version were removed) and the extra modes that were supposed to be included like a bumper car mode never made it into the game. The control was horrible and the AI was really unfair.

I remember I was so annoyed about how the game turned out, I wrote a complaint letter to Nintendo (I was 14 at the time), and they replied and basically said that the game wasn't bad and others seem to like it. N64.com gave it 4 stars which at the time was the lowest rated N64 game they reviewed.

Jet Grind Radio for GBA. The control just ruined it for me. Up to go, down to brake? Why not just have the control pad move you around normally, and use L to brake?

Edited once for spelling error.

People will probably flame me for this, but the worst game I bought was the Hulk. It was horrendous. It was nothing but stomping and puching and throwing (although throwing people over the sides of buildings was cool) in between annoying movie clips that showed the hulk jumping from one building to another. I couldn't get rid of that game fast enough.

I'd rather pull my fingernails out 1 by 1 or sit through a Martha Stewart show (of which there will be no more for a while... heh) than play that again. *shudder*

Dark Cloud. This was my first ps2 game and everyone said it was like Zelda or some used the term "Zelda-killer". That was some bullshit. Close 2nd and 3rd would be Jak II and Prince of Persia. I didnt like the direction Jak II went in and PoP just got boring.

Black Stone: Magic and Steel. The worst Gauntlet rip-off ever made. I thought it might be fun as a party game, and it's mediocre if 4 people are playing at once. If it's just you on your own, the game is absolute crap.

Set the Wayback Machine for late 1980. Adventure International was a Florida company that produced many popular games, utilities and applications. The capabilites of the various home computers back then varied wildly and sometimes the games from AI varied just as wildly. As an Atari 800 owner I had reason to expect the better verion of any title. Sea Dragon, for example, was an excellent Scramble-style game and easily best on the Atari over the other 4 supported systems.

The same cannot be said for a game called Rear Guard. The ad made it look pretty promising but the Atari version among those with a screenshot. When I got it home and opened the zip-loc bag I was dismayed to find the instructions required that the BASIC cartridge be inserted.

Uh-oh.

Just as I'd feared, the game was actually ran in interpeted BASIC. If I'd typed this in from a magazine I might have been pleased for an hour or so but this was a $20 purchase.

Rise of the Robots on the SNES; published by Acclaim. Got it at a K-Mart clearance many, many years ago. Worst fighting game ever! Crap.... Trade-in value is like 25 cents literally.

Only one I can think off the top of my head is Street Fighter: The Movie game for PS1. Although I bought it on purpose because I'm a SF fan and I wanted it for shits and giggles. Van Damme is so gay.

I dont know if it was just me, but Rollercoaster creater... or themepark...or what ever it was called, on the ps2, made me sick (literally) and i threw up while playing it once. (really!) I think it was the wierd camera angles and annoying music and that nacho cheese chalupa I had???

Trespasser. You know... The Jurassic Park game with Minnie Driver where you check your health by looking down at the heart tattoo on her boobs. Yeah, I bought it when it first came out. I never got very far, because the damn raptors kept having a field day on poor Minnie's ass. I keep games like that around as a reminder to never buy a game without researching it first.

A close second would be Command and Conquer: Sole Survivor. What a piece of crap that was...

Yoshi's Story. Worst and most overrated game ever. Done in 20 minutes.

I did buy Zone of Enders: Fist of Mars, but I returned it (boy that was a piece of work too)...

I rarely get bad games.

Worst one was Yu Yu Hakusho for GBA. I preordered the game since I was a fan of the series. Reviews for the game weren't out yet, so I found out how bad it was when I got it

Mortal Kombat Advance. I still kick my self for wasting 30 bucks the first week it came out. I just thought it was gonna be so much like Mortal Kombat 3. But Gamespot gets alittle blame cause that was the only review place i checked every day and they didnt have a review up.

Definitely Cosmic Carnage for the 32X. It was a fighting game with terrible gameplay. I never could figure out how to beat the game: after you beat the last boss, a space ship is set to take off and a timer counts down, but the space ship always leaves you on the exploding planet and you get a big Game Over. It was quite a craptacular game, but on the 32X, there weren't many choices.

Edit: accidently submitted before I finished writing

Stake: Fortune Fighters probably tops it for me too. Luckily, I was able to return it. I bought it when it came out for $30 and the game truly isn't worth 30 cents. I read some previews of it that compared it to Power Stone. I'm sure I read that from more than one source too. What a load of crap!

Coming in second would have to be a newly found piece of crap called McFarlane's Evil Prophecy. I can't believe I paid $40 bucks for that POS!

kessen 2 (after playing the dynasty warriors series,it just sucks compared to it).

bread's done
Back