Wep + Wifi = Error 52000???

gaelan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
75 (100%)
So I had to completely reconfig my fucked up wireless network...some basics.

I have a wired router with my WAP on one of the ports. My gaming adapter is for my xbox in the other room. The main purpose of the reconfig was to get the xbox to communicate with the WAP. Anyways before I turned on the WEP, I was able to do the Nintendo WIFI with MKDS no problems. I turn the WEP on and drink a couple of beers, and boom the WAP and the gaming adapter are talking with WEP turned on...I cry. I go to set up the DS with the WEP key and BOOM, I can't get the motherfuckers to talk. the error message is 52000 or something and it say its unable to get an IP addy. I've tried everything I can think of other than turning off the WEP, which I would like to keep on since I know there is another WLAN within distance.

SSID is on and broadcasting
WEP keys match up
Auto IP and DNS detection is on

ANY IDEAS?

According to Nintendo's website some routers/access points won't work with wep on. Perhaps your's is one of those?

I had a similar problem and this is what worked for me. I got the error that my ds couldn't get an ip address, but this happened to me with wep on or off. But what I did was just give my ds a static ip address and then it worked fine after that.

What's WAP?

Ok, I think I know what's wrong because something similar happened to me with the Xbox Wireless adapter (with the 360 though) and my DSL.

First, the DS cannot accept any sort of 'turbo' wireless mode. My wireless router has a settings for 11b Wi-fi (11Mbps), 11g/11b Auto (54Mbps or 11Mbps), and 11g Turbo (54Mbps). The DS only works with "11b wi-fi" or "11g/11b auto" mode. It DOES NOT work with the "11g turbo" mode.

For the Xbox, try deleating all of your old connection settings. If you ever change routers, the new router will give your Xbox a new IP but the Xbox will have the old IP so it won't match.

Hope you get things working again.

[quote name='Smada Bez']According to Nintendo's website some routers/access points won't work with wep on. Perhaps your's is one of those?

I had a similar problem and this is what worked for me. I got the error that my ds couldn't get an ip address, but this happened to me with wep on or off. But what I did was just give my ds a static ip address and then it worked fine after that.[/quote]
cool...i turned off the auto find and just assigned it an ip. works fine...thanks

my gaming adapter has the same problem from time to time...it pisses me off having to tweak my connection if i get a window to get online. do you think turning off the dhcp and just assigning the adapter an ip would solve that problem as well?

bread's done
Back