BG&E sequels on the way...

That game was awsome, it just didnt have the marketing and timing to have good sales. Every reviewer gave it great reviews yet it couldnt sell.

Beyond Good and Evil is a "pivotal" work of philosophy by Freidrich Nietzsche. It's boring, and long, and boring, and I know this pseudo-intellectual who throws out quotes from it like it's his bible, even though he doesn't follow them. Blugh.

If this is true, this is the best piece of gaming news I've heard all day. The ending left me screaming at the television for more.

FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS GOOD AND EVIL LET THIS BE TRUE!!!!!!

I loved BG&E I've loned out that game more then all my other games combined. I push people into playing because its such a great game. man I so hope they do make a sequal!

Im supprised that Ubi soft is allowing the developer to create more Beyond Good and Evil games. It may have gotten good reviews, but it sold so poorly that it had a very fast price drop.
From a buisness standpoint I cant really see why Ubi Soft is doing this. I suppose BG&E 2 could sell better if it had better advertising then the first, but I would think that they would spend their money on other franchises.

[quote name='Kaijufan']Im supprised that Ubi soft is allowing the developer to create more Beyond Good and Evil games. It may have gotten good reviews, but it sold so poorly that it had a very fast price drop.
From a buisness standpoint I cant really see why Ubi Soft is doing this. I suppose BG&E 2 could sell better if it had better advertising then the first, but I would think that they would spend their money on other franchises.[/quote]

Maybe 'cause Ubi's rolling in the dough.

[quote name='XboxMaster'][quote name='Kaijufan']Im supprised that Ubi soft is allowing the developer to create more Beyond Good and Evil games. It may have gotten good reviews, but it sold so poorly that it had a very fast price drop.
From a buisness standpoint I cant really see why Ubi Soft is doing this. I suppose BG&E 2 could sell better if it had better advertising then the first, but I would think that they would spend their money on other franchises.[/quote]

Maybe 'cause Ubi's rolling in the dough.[/quote]

Yeah, and they are probably willing to give Michael Ansel another shot at it too. He's made them enough cash in the past.

Well, if a sequel does, in fact, come to the States, I'll definitely be reserving a copy. And I suggest everyone of you guys do the same, that way we may get more sequels in the future.

[quote name='Kaijufan']Im supprised that Ubi soft is allowing the developer to create more Beyond Good and Evil games. It may have gotten good reviews, but it sold so poorly that it had a very fast price drop.

It's not that surprising considering the word of mouth it got after the price drop. Lots of successful franchises start out that way. The first Austin Powers movie was so-so at the box office but it's sequels made tons of money due to word of mouth (and DVD rentals). Don't get me wrong though, it could still flop (financially) and lose a ton of money...

If these don't turn out to be a horrible hoax I'll definitely buy these at full price, to make up for making the first one unprofitable.

It's a shame BG&E sold so poorly. It was a great game in the style of zelda. I wish it would have sold more copies at full price so wed get a sequel

From Gamespot rumor control...

RUMOR #4: Ubisoft is making two more Beyond and Good and Evil games.

Source: The devout flock of Mario worshippers at GameCube Europe.

The official story: "No comment." --Ubisoft rep.

What we heard: When Beyond Good and Evil was released last year, it got solid reviews, but was discounted to just $19.99 within months due to disappointing sales. So when GameCube Europe reported that "Ubisoft does not plan on letting Beyond Good and Evil fade away and has announced there will be another two games," many reacted with skepticism. Rightly so, as it turns out. Though GameCube Europe story makes it sound like it was taken from an official Ubisoft statement, it lists a Q&A with BG&E designer Michel Ancel on the French site OteraGame as its source. In said Q&A, Ancel discussed the abruptness of BG&E's ending, saying it was because the game was "the first episode of a trilogy." He made no mention of any concrete plans to make a sequel to the game, let alone two. Any further ambiguity was dispelled by informed sources who told GameSpot that no BG&E games are currently in Ubisoft's pipeline. "Sounds like wishful thinking on the fans' part," they said.

Bogus or not bogus?: C'est bogus.

[quote name='mario23air']From Gamespot rumor control...

RUMOR #4: Ubisoft is making two more Beyond and Good and Evil games.

Source: The devout flock of Mario worshippers at GameCube Europe.

The official story: "No comment." --Ubisoft rep.

What we heard: When Beyond Good and Evil was released last year, it got solid reviews, but was discounted to just $19.99 within months due to disappointing sales. So when GameCube Europe reported that "Ubisoft does not plan on letting Beyond Good and Evil fade away and has announced there will be another two games," many reacted with skepticism. Rightly so, as it turns out. Though GameCube Europe story makes it sound like it was taken from an official Ubisoft statement, it lists a Q&A with BG&E designer Michel Ancel on the French site OteraGame as its source. In said Q&A, Ancel discussed the abruptness of BG&E's ending, saying it was because the game was "the first episode of a trilogy." He made no mention of any concrete plans to make a sequel to the game, let alone two. Any further ambiguity was dispelled by informed sources who told GameSpot that no BG&E games are currently in Ubisoft's pipeline. "Sounds like wishful thinking on the fans' part," they said.

Bogus or not bogus?: C'est bogus.[/quote]

Not to crap on Gamespot, but "informed sources" doesn't sound very credible. No more so than the ones who say there ARE sequels coming, anyway.

bread's done
Back