Looking for a deal on a MAC book pro

Lice

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Well im off to school and its all based on Mac. yay. SO to make it easier im looking at going along with the flow and getting a mac, with focus on the macbook pro.

I have been looking for deals and there seems to be none avaliable. Is there any coupons or deals you have all heard about? Thanks mucho.

do the dealpass and buy it at amazon, with rebate, and A9 discount.. that should get you the lowest model to be around $1800 - $150 rebate - $300 dealpass - aprox $30 for A9 = roughly around $1300 for the macbook pro... no tax free shipping.. well added $60 for three dealpass program though.. require some work.. but I got mine that way.. when it came out.. good luck

Excellent info rac, much appreciated.

I know im going to regret opening myself up to be net pwned, but what is the deal pass you speak of?

:whistle2:#

If the poster above was talking about dealpass.com, I did a quick search for it and found the second search result for "dealpass" was ripoffreport.com. I was curious and visited the site finding numerous complaints about unauthorized charges being made to people's credit cards. If this is one of the deductions your were talking about, I'd think twice before recommending that site. Just thought I'd let others know.

i dont know if you already know this, but, go to apple.com, go to the store link, on the right side under more stores go to the education savings link and put in your school info (works for any student, high school, college, etc, and educator faculty).....i am going to grad school in the fall and did this on saturday to order my macbookpro......

also, they have a few deals up (rebates) right now for students.....

they are at http://www.apple.com/promo/

the 3 im using are w/ purchase of a computer:

$50 off mac office 2004

$179 off an ipod or free nano

$100 off any printer

so, with all that i ordered:

middle priced mac book pro
3 year extended warranty
60gb white ipod ($190 after rebate)
move to mac software
office 2004 ($99.95 after rebate)
some HP multifunction printer for $99.95 (free after rebate)

and, all of the above have special prices for students....i dont know them all off the top of my head, but the mac book was $300 cheaper using the student link

[quote name='valleyvampiress']If the poster above was talking about dealpass.com, I did a quick search for it and found the second search result for "dealpass" was ripoffreport.com. I was curious and visited the site finding numerous complaints about unauthorized charges being made to people's credit cards. If this is one of the deductions your were talking about, I'd think twice before recommending that site. Just thought I'd let others know.[/QUOTE]

yeah.. Dealpass is kinda lot of work and pain to understand how they work.. took me almost two weeks.. but as long you know what you are doing you can save lot of money from thost giftcard, esp amazon, CC, TRUS... etc.. I'm saving $25 off of $125 gas card every months for the last year or so.. , so if you are not sure what to do with Dealpass.. just get it at apple edu store.. I like that option also, couple of my friends are getting the Macbook.. and they are pretty cheapass bunch.. but not sure if they are willing to work a bit for dealpass deal.. or just go with the education + ipod + printer... hope this help :)

[quote name='racthamp']yeah.. Dealpass is kinda lot of work and pain to understand how they work.. took me almost two weeks.. but as long you know what you are doing you can save lot of money from thost giftcard, esp amazon, CC, TRUS... etc.. I'm saving $25 off of $125 gas card every months for the last year or so.. , so if you are not sure what to do with Dealpass.. just get it at apple edu store.. I like that option also, couple of my friends are getting the Macbook.. and they are pretty cheapass bunch.. but not sure if they are willing to work a bit for dealpass deal.. or just go with the education + ipod + printer... hope this help :)[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info racthamp. I guess the people that complained just didn't know how to use dealpass. I'd be interested in the info if you wanted to explain how it works.

[quote name='valleyvampiress']Thanks for the info racthamp. I guess the people that complained just didn't know how to use dealpass. I'd be interested in the info if you wanted to explain how it works.[/QUOTE]

alright I PM you the link.. so if you still confuse after this.. just do some reading on it.. basically, you will be joining the dealpass program (they have many) the one I used for my macbook was Today escape (has gas card also), passport to fun and connection... the only way I know how to join those programs are from those freeipod thingy (damn.. freepay gone to hell now :) ) anyway.. once you join the program.. usually (that the key word) you call in as soon as you join, and they will offer you a one year membership for $19.99 (instead of regular $19.99/month) I got all three of them at first try.. if fail.. keep trying (again read the link i send ya).. all my friend who did Today escape and passport to fun got the same offer..

once you join the program, you can buy the giftcard at dealpass.com and you'll get 20% back to your credit card at the end of the month. (or beginning next month) i.e. you buy $500 amazon credit you'll get $100 back on your card (limit per merchant is $500 per program.. otherwise.. i'll order amazon non-stop since no tax and rebate and stuff :) ) so if you find the way to sign up these program (again check the link :) ) then you can order $500 x 3 amazon GC and you'll get $300 back.. then go to amazon and fill in... 75 GCs (no joke haha) (increment of $25) to toal $1500 + use A9 discount and do the amazon rebate $150 you total would be around $1800 - $300 dealpass - $30 A9 - $150 rebate + $19.99 x3 = $1380 roughly.. plus.. i like that you can also get the gas card (limit to $125 per month saving of $25 (20%) .. so just the amazon and gas alone is worth for the programs...

oh man.. i'm tired now.. gotta go home :) good luck and again.. read the link in your PM.. to understand better.. it's not hard once you understand how it works.. took me a while though :)

[quote name='valleyvampiress']Thanks for the explination. It sounds a bit complicted but worth it for 100 off 500. I didn't get a PM though.[/QUOTE]

oh my bad.. I thought you were the OP :) good luck and do some readings before you join any of them.. again.. once you understand the concepts. it's easy.. good luck

Necro!
Hey anyone know of any good deals on a mac book pro, preferable NEW? i'd like to buy one for my folks as a present.

i'd like to pm the folks in this msg board but im not 2 sure they are still active.
thx

bread's done
Back