Good SNES co-op games? Let's name your top 3!

Rock n roll racing, gawd I miss that game. me & friend of mine would play that for HOURS. did u know they made a sequel? Red Asphalt for PS1. not as good IMO.

also, dont forget contra 3! and mario kart

[quote name='SOSTrooper']Let's do 3 at a time so everyone gets the opportunity :)

Zombies Ate My Neighbors
TMNT IV: Turtles In Time
Secret of Mana[/QUOTE]

Well I read the title, and those top 2 were the first two that came to my mind. I hope all 3 are avaliable for Wii.

Either there aren't many to choose from or we all have great taste. I'd say:
- Zombies Ate My Neighbors
- Mario Kart
- Secret of Mana

I did like some of Jaleco's Final Fight rip-offs back in the day, though. Always good for a rental when hanging out with non-sports-playing friends.

[quote name='ViolentLee']Either there aren't many to choose from or we all have great taste. I'd say:
- Zombies Ate My Neighbors
- Mario Kart
- Secret of Mana

I did like some of Jaleco's Final Fight rip-offs back in the day, though. Always good for a rental when hanging out with non-sports-playing friends.[/QUOTE]

i always loved those old side scrolling beat em ups.. wished they'd make more of them for DS/GBA/PSP.. those kick

To name one that hasn't been said, what about 'Battletoads Double Dragon Battlemaniacs' (Think that was full name)

It was a blast to play, but I remember it being pretty hard.

Am I the only one really annoyed with the fact that a two or more player game is called "co-op" now? Back in the good old days it was just called 2 player

[quote name='HumanSnatcher']
Am I the only one really annoyed with the fact that a two or more player game is called "co-op" now? Back in the good old days it was just called 2 player
[/QUOTE]

Probably you're one of the few. I would associate co-op as being able to play with another player or players at the same time on the same side of the 'law' and fighting the same bad guys. 2-player is probably too general of a description nowadays.

Mario Kart can sorta be considered as co-op, depending on how you played it. Me and my sister used to play against 6 AI drivers and try to win gold on every cup; we would help each others and take out AI drivers. It was fun time.

[quote name='HumanSnatcher']
[/QUOTE]

Cooperative versus competitive -- big difference, in my opinion. Most fighting, racing and puzzle games aren't co-op, because you're competing against the other human players.

Think Halo splitscreen deathmatch versus Halo campaign co-op. Very different experiences.

I guess I should have made myself a little clearer. I wasn't refering to fighting games and such. Mor along the lines on like say TMNT IV, Final Fight, and Streets of Rage

WOW nobody voted for Contra 3? My list is:

1. Contra 3
2. King of Dragons
3. Secret of Mana

I'm surprised alot of people remembered King of Dragon, I gotta find that game now. They need to make more games like that.

bread's done
Back