CAG Popularity - Alexa Ranking Watch - IE USERS - YOU CAN HELP!

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Alexa rankings are to websites as the Nielsen ratings for TV shows. The lower the number, the more popular the website. An Alexa ranking of 100 would mean that website is the 100th most popular website based on Alexa's calculation of that's site's traffic.

If you Internet Explorerusers download the Alexa Toolbar you will improve CAG's rating just by your usual surfing. In turn, this will give CAG more "juice", when dealing with retailers and other internet sites. It will also tell you every websites ranking while you surf. In addition, it has a built in popup blocker and uses the Google search engine to deliver search results. It also automatically gives CAG credit for purchases made at Amazon (Alexa is owned by Amazon).

I have it installed on my work and home PCs.
Its very easy to uninstall if/when you want to get rid of it.

Looks like this (without those big "bubbles", obviously):
Download by clicking the graphic below

I cant stand the fact that it tracks where I go on the internet. What else do they do with the results? Do they use any personal information?

[quote name='BigNick']I cant stand the fact that it tracks where I go on the internet. What else do they do with the results? Do they use any personal information?[/quote]

They don't get any personal information from you, so I guess not.

[quote name='Wshakspear']if you install it, but dont have it showing...does it still work for the ranking?[/quote]
That's a good question...

I installed it. Anything I can do to help out CAG.

EDIT: Now my toolbar's saying that CAG ranks 12,675. I only installed it a while ago and it said 13,515. Looks like CAG is movin' on up...or down as the case may be.

downloaded and installed. anything for CAG since it gets me some good deals (when i have money) and because this is my favorite site.

[quote name='goldengraham']Wow, you can see how the rankings started to go downhill towards end of june yet skyrocket at the beginning of the CC sale[/quote]

Thats when I was in Japan. I guess you guys really did miss me ;)

Does it help the popularity any on this thing if we throw a link to CAG up where ever we may tread on the 'net?

Heyyyyyy...y'all said no personal information was required. They asked me for my zip code. *sob* I....I feel so violated.

[quote name='The-Bavis']Does it help the popularity any on this thing if we throw a link to CAG up where ever we may tread on the 'net?[/quote]

Couldn't hurt, but that is actually more likely to help out with Google.

[quote name='mousin']the link doesnt seem to be working for me, the link to download the tool bar.[/quote]

Try again, I changed the links to go directly to start the download process.

I'll download it when I get home from work.

I've got the google toolbar already installed. Should I uninstall before I download?

[quote name='Anonymous']I'll download it when I get home from work.

I've got the google toolbar already installed. Should I uninstall before I download?[/quote]

It doesn't matter.

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']Holy shit, thats kick ass. I have Avant browser, which is an add on to IE. Will it work with the tool bar?[/quote]

I just started using Avant (its Great!) and tried installing alexa...and as far as i can tel, the answer is no, it will not install with avant.

so i leave an IE window open at cag :)

[quote name='CheapyD']You guys are helping kicking much ass.
Today, we at the 5,000 mark:
http://www.alexa.com/data/details/traffic_details?q=&url=http://www.cheapassgamer.com[/quote]

My rank for this page has stayed at 11,749 since I installed the toolbar. It has the same rank if I "click for more info." Hope you're right, and mine is just broken.

That thing has weird site "suggestions". When I'm on my SBC Yahoo homepage, it's suggesting gnu.org. Why would Joe-Yahoo-DSL Customer want to learn about gnu stuff? Weird.

[quote name='The-Bavis'][quote name='CheapyD']You guys are helping kicking much ass.
Today, we at the 5,000 mark:
http://www.alexa.com/data/details/traffic_details?q=&url=http://www.cheapassgamer.com[/quote]

My rank for this page has stayed at 11,749 since I installed the toolbar. It has the same rank if I "click for more info." Hope you're right, and mine is just broken.

That thing has weird site "suggestions". When I'm on my SBC Yahoo homepage, it's suggesting gnu.org. Why would Joe-Yahoo-DSL Customer want to learn about gnu stuff? Weird.[/quote]

I have never seen a ranking change either...

The rank on your toolbar is the 3 month average.
If you click the number on your toolbar, and then click See Traffic Details you will see a little table that has the rank for today, and the weekly and 3 month average.

[quote name='CheapyD']The rank on your toolbar is the 3 month average.
If you click the number on your toolbar, and then click See Traffic Details you will see a little table that has the rank for today, and the weekly and 3 month average.[/quote]

Thanks Cheapy...never really looked at it that closely before :)

I was just trying to help the site.

[quote name='Wlogan31']
Thanks Cheapy...never really looked at it that closely before :)

I was just trying to help the site.[/quote]

And so you are...thanks! :applause:

Whats this all about. Instead of seeing alexa, i see CAG on the left of the toolbar.

weird5.jpg

Alexa now allow webmasters choose a logo when people download the toolbar from their site.
Having no graphic design ability myself, thats the best I could come up with.

If someone wants to give it a shot...
Format: Gif
Colors: 64 colors works best
File Size: Maximim of 3K
Dimensions:
Height = 21 Pixels (must be exact)
Width = 70 Pixels (maximum 130 pixels wide)

Templates:
Standard
alexa-button_template.gif

Tranparent
transparent_template.gif

BTW, Rank has dropped to 10,423! Thanks, everyone! :D

It is not spyware.
It's sole purpose is to measure your surfing habits so you can play a role in their internet rankings.

Well if you have Ad Aware, then theres the Alexa logo and if you delete that then it'll delete the whole thing, so if you want to keep it don't delete it.

bread's done
Back