Cheap 3 year subscription to xbox magazine and free EGM

NetMagzines.com has Select 5 magazine subscriptions from over 160 titles for only $30 - 20% off Code: THANKYOU441 = $24.

$5 off any order Code: FIVEOFF
$25 off $100+ Code: DC115
20% off Code: THANKYOU441
Some coupons only work on select titles
Deals:
Car and Driver 1yr $11.97 - 70% off Code: DCMPS70P = $3.59

ESPN Magazine 52 issues $29.94 - 65% off Code: DCMPS60P = $11.98

Maxim 3yr 36 issues $31 - $25 off code: DCMPS25D = $6

Official XBOX Magazine (no disc) 3 years - 36 issues = $44.85 - 20% off = $35.88,

Bah, EGM's writing style sometimes annoys me for some reason. However.... you can't beat free :D

Really? EGM is probably my second favorite gaming mag.

GameInformer>EGM>Computer Gaming World>PSM>>>>Nintendo Power>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>GamePro

Reading EGM and not liking their style is like arguing common sense with the mentaly retarded- while you may be right, the mental retard can't help but be retarded.

EGM editors are only writing for that magazine because Taco Bell wouldn't take them.

[quote name='mattcube64']Really? EGM is probably my second favorite gaming mag.

GameInformer>EGM>Computer Gaming World>PSM>>>>Nintendo Power>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>GamePro[/QUOTE]

Same Just About. I love GameInformer the mostestestest. EGM is a close second though. I have a gamepro sub but I really don't like that mag at all but hey it's something to read. :)

GameInformer>EGM>Computer Gaming World>PSM>>>>Nintendo Power>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>GamePro[/QUOTE]

qft

I keep getting an error with the 3 year maxim coupon.

"Your order total must exceed $1.00 before this discount voucher may be used. Restricted titles apply towards this minimum order amount only for percentage-off discount codes. Restricted titles do not apply towards this minimum for any dollar-off discount codes."

I bought my Maxim Sub off of ebay a few years ago off of ebay 4 years for 4 dollars. Try ebay for mag subscriptions (I have bought 4+ subs off of ebay and they all have came.)

[quote name='spoo']I bought my Maxim Sub off of ebay a few years ago off of ebay 4 years for 4 dollars. Try ebay for mag subscriptions (I have bought 4+ subs off of ebay and they all have came.)[/quote]

Buying magazine subscriptions off ebay seems a little iffy to me. But at 6 dollars for 36 issues of maxim, I'd get it even if I were to never open it. Heck my pack of printer paper cost more than that.

[quote name='pimpinc333']Same Just About. I love GameInformer the mostestestest. EGM is a close second though. I have a gamepro sub but I really don't like that mag at all but hey it's something to read. :)[/QUOTE]

Yeah gamepro and Nintendo power to me are pretty much unreadable for the time I had subs to both of them

[quote name='spoo']I bought my Maxim Sub off of ebay a few years ago off of ebay 4 years for 4 dollars. Try ebay for mag subscriptions (I have bought 4+ subs off of ebay and they all have came.)[/quote]

If you do have a problem they will try to keep you hanging past any paypal protection--I bought a sub and it was a nightmare. Never did come, had to pay paypal fees on the refund I finally got over 3 months later.

GameInformer>EGM>Computer Gaming World>PSM>>>>Nintendo Power>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>GamePro[/quote]

i'd agree with most of those, except i'd place CGW at the top. i'm not even much of a PC gamer and i still find the writing in it heads and tails above the others. egm is a shadow of it's former self at this point, with more pages dedicated to ads and useless splash pages than actual articles and content. their interviews are usually pretty top notch, but they can be found at 1up.com most of the time. but like somebody else said, can't pass up free.

^^^ I can respect that. However, my only problem with CGW is its length. Seriously, it isn't filled with a whole lot of content. What's there is solid, however, I'm usually done reading the mag in just a few hours. Whereas, I can take GI with me in the car, at school, in the restroom, and enjoy it for a week.

[quote name='turls']If you do have a problem they will try to keep you hanging past any paypal protection--I bought a sub and it was a nightmare. Never did come, had to pay paypal fees on the refund I finally got over 3 months later.[/QUOTE]

It takes 4-8 weeks for a new subscription to come sometimes longer, it sounds like you were too paranoid to wait it out. I'm just saying I had good luck doing it.

[quote name='Gamehead']I keep getting an error with the 3 year maxim coupon.

"Your order total must exceed $1.00 before this discount voucher may be used. Restricted titles apply towards this minimum order amount only for percentage-off discount codes. Restricted titles do not apply towards this minimum for any dollar-off discount codes."[/QUOTE]

I get the same thing. The starting page give me the impression this only works with multiple subscriptions.

I signed up for another EGM subscription, so thanks OP--if it works like previous ones, this should extend my subscription until 2012.....

Literally :)

I get way too many free mags to ever pay for one. I have stacks of mags from months ago I'm still trying to read through.

[quote name='XMastaCrackaX']i know they will spam my email but they wont spam my Real mail will they?
just wonderin[/quote]

Use a fake name and you'll get tons of junk mail sent to it....

[quote name='friedram']Reading EGM and not liking their style is like arguing common sense with the mentaly retarded- while you may be right, the mental retard can't help but be retarded.

EGM editors are only writing for that magazine because Taco Bell wouldn't take them.[/QUOTE]

Can't disagree there. Whether it's their ever-so-witty letter column or their lil' two paragraph-long reviews divided among 3 people who waste half the space trying and failing to be funny, or nitpicking another person's review...there's not much redeeming quality there.

Free is about right. Thanks!

Game Informer > EGM?!?

Are we reading the same magazines? I've always thought EGMs reviews were the most reliable out of all the mags.

OXM's discs are almost useless now. The demos that come on the disc are almost always on Xbox Live Marketplace already.

BTW, Car and Driver 1yr $11.97 - 70% off Code: DCMPS70P = $3.59 doesn't work.

[quote name='Rombaldi']Check over at www.dvdtalk.com in the "Hot Deals" forum. several links for FREE subs for Maxim, Stuff and FHM (my Maxim sub ends in 2026, Stuff in 2028 and FHM in 2021).[/quote]

who gets your magazines if you die before then?

[quote name='OGHowie']Game Informer > EGM?!?

Are we reading the same magazines? I've always thought EGMs reviews were the most reliable out of all the mags.[/QUOTE]

You're right: EGM's reviews have always been the most reliable, which is very much due to the massive amount of industry experience among their writers and editors. However, their reviews are nearly 100% opinion-based, so gamers who only want the "facts" tend to be put off by EGM's write-ups. I've been gaming for over 20 years, and Electronic Gaming Monthly is one of the few mags that has always gone out of their way to supply completely un-solicited information--magazines like "Game Informer" (paired up with the biggest videogame retail chain in the world) are pretty much the last place I'd go for advice on how to spend my gaming $'s.

People who claim to dislike EGM are usually just bitter at a reviewer's opinion.

[quote name='AwRy108']People who claim to dislike EGM are usually just bitter at a reviewer's opinion.[/quote]
It depends, though. I was pretty upset that, save for interviews by other gamers online, there was little to no mention of the various battle system bugs in Final Fantasy 4 for the GBA that had quite a large effect on the overall gameplay. The bugs weren't crippling or anything but the only mention of it that I saw in a magazine was Hardcore Gamer, which was a bit surprising since most of the other magazines had reviews that either suggested or mentioned that the reviewers have played FF4 in the past.

That's not to say that EGM has poor reviews or anything since I tend to agree with most of them, but it's also important to find which reviews tend to work for you and your gaming habits and then take them with a grain of salt. I've been playing Suikoden 5 as of late and have found it nothing short of remarkable, exactly what the series needed after a slightly disappointing 3 and a seemingly rushed, lacking 4. I'm still surprised that most magazines took off major points overall mostly due to the graphics when the real failing is sickeningly absurd load times (it makes the CT port for the PS1 seem reasonable), but to each their own.

At least game reviews, for me, are better than movie reviews as of late. I swear, I don't even know why most of the staff at Newsday even gets a paycheck for their reviews. Most of them are 15% intro, 20% closing, and a body that consists of 50% plot overview, 5% were the actors decent and 10% 'witty' quip or 'joke' (or scathing remark). There are too many reviews where you can't tell how bad or good the movie is because the reviewer never bothered to get to any point whatsoever. Was the acting poor? Did the plot make sense? Was the editing way out of whack? Who knows!

[quote name='Kapwanil']It depends, though. I was pretty upset that, save for interviews by other gamers online, there was little to no mention of the various battle system bugs in Final Fantasy 4 for the GBA that had quite a large effect on the overall gameplay. The bugs weren't crippling or anything but the only mention of it that I saw in a magazine was Hardcore Gamer, which was a bit surprising since most of the other magazines had reviews that either suggested or mentioned that the reviewers have played FF4 in the past.

That's not to say that EGM has poor reviews or anything since I tend to agree with most of them, but it's also important to find which reviews tend to work for you and your gaming habits and then take them with a grain of salt. I've been playing Suikoden 5 as of late and have found it nothing short of remarkable, exactly what the series needed after a slightly disappointing 3 and a seemingly rushed, lacking 4. I'm still surprised that most magazines took off major points overall mostly due to the graphics when the real failing is sickeningly absurd load times (it makes the CT port for the PS1 seem reasonable), but to each their own.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, EGM's reviews could really benefit from the addition of more factual information, too; and with their magazine seemingly getting shorter and shorter, you'd think they would have a lot more time to pour into their "Reviews" section. I can definitely recall several titles that major flaws and/or bugs that I felt should've been alluded to by the writer of a review.

However, it's worth noting that, many times we readers tend to forget the fact that, on a scale of 1 - 10, a score like 6.5 represents an above-average title, which I believe is roughly what EGM rated Suikoden 5. To put words to the number: a 6.5 is saying that, while a good gaming experience, the title doesn't go out of its way to be innovative; in other words, I'm sure that while Suikoden is loads of fun (especially to fans of the series), it doesn't go out of its way to try and capture a larger audience or offer some all-new gameplay mechanic.

Once we as gamers are able to move past the awkward grading system that the US school system has ingrained into our heads (85% = average--WTF???), perhaps the gaming industry's adopted 10-point scale will be much more useful to us.

Either way, here's a few sites I use when I'm looking for a very fact-laden game review: PSXextreme.com, GameDaily.com, and GameTrailers.com. Enjoy!

BTW, if you know of any deals on Suikoden 5, PM me!

[quote name='SOSTrooper']Took this from Mercenary of FW: Here's a new link for free year subscription to EGM, courtesy of Newegg. Link is legit and working, I just signed up again. I think I'll have EGM thru 2009 haha.

Found some more free gaming mags from Slickdeals.net:

Free Playstation Magazine.
Alternative link to Playstation mag.
Another alternative link to Playstation mag.

Another free EGM link from Gameshout

:)[/quote]

If i get multiple subscriptions, will they just keep stacking on top of each other? Can i also change my addresss later?

where do you guys find these free subscriptions to magazines? I just signed up for 2 free years of egm, great deal!! Thanks a bunch!

Whoa, whoa, whoa...!!!

I like GI because of it's layout, size, special features, regular world exclusive first looks, editorials, length of stories, etc...

HOWEVER, I firmly stand by EGM's reviews 99% of the time. Personally, I love the "3 reviewers" style, especially since the reviews are opinion based. I can see three opinions on the game, whether they are similar, or varied. Also, they are one of the most unbiased mags out there, and I have never thought they may have been paid for a high score or they paid to get an early review.

If you subscribe from different sites, the subscription will stack as long as the name and address match. My Maxim magazine sub is free and thru 2013 by this method.

And you can change the address simply by calling the magazine, ie EGM.

just curious, does everyone use their real name & email or do you guys use a fake name & alternate (reserved just for junk mail from these types of things) email?

[quote name='Link127']just curious, does everyone use their real name & email or do you guys use a fake name & alternate (reserved just for junk mail from these types of things) email?[/QUOTE]

I'd use a junk email.

bread's done
Back