PS2 Guitar Hero $39.99 Walmart Clearance YMMV

diablofreak

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
theres a thread over at Slickdeals that Guitar Hero is on clearance from 65 down to 39.99 at walmart. i'm going to the one closest to my work tomorrow in CT to see for myself, but just though you people may want to know.

(its my first post so please be gentle :bouncy:)

and i'd rather the douche bags at ebgames not split up the game and controller and immediately buy the $10 used controller. i missed like three controllers.

[quote name='pimp tyranny']and i'd rather the douche bags at ebgames not split up the game and controller and immediately buy the $10 used controller. i missed like three controllers.[/QUOTE]

They are required to take them in seperately, and they have seperate sku's.

[quote name='Roufuss']They are required to take them in seperately, and they have seperate sku's.[/QUOTE]

yeah i know, it's a stupid policy.

[quote name='Roufuss']They are required to take them in seperately, and they have seperate sku's.[/quote]This must be a district specific thing, because at both an EB and GS local to me, they said they couldn't split up the bundle.

[quote name='diablofreak']theres a thread over at Slickdeals that Guitar Hero is on clearance from 65 down to 39.99 at walmart. i'm going to the one closest to my work tomorrow in CT to see for myself, but just though you people may want to know.

(its my first post so please be gentle :bouncy:)[/quote]

Welcome to CAG - that is an awesome first post!

Would the labels be changed or is this one you have to have them scan? I phoned the Canton and Livonia, MI stores and they said $68.83. I know the one in Canton is 24 hrs, so I may have them scan it to be sure...

The super Walmart in Orlando, near UCF on colonial, scanned Guitar Hero at like $68.xx

I hate Walmart deals, and I hate myself for alway wasting my time to check them out.

One day though, one day it could be worth it.

Perhaps I'm seeing something different, but the thread that the OP is referring to lists Guitar Hero as $35.00, not $39.99
And for those it will help, this was at: "The new Walmart in Torrance, CA...."
This deal also seems to be massively YMMV as I have seen no one other than the OP in the SD thread get in on this

[quote name='pimp tyranny']and i'd rather the douche bags at ebgames not split up the game and controller and immediately buy the $10 used controller. i missed like three controllers.[/quote]

They went up to $20 a month or two ago.

[quote name='Rictor']They went up to $20 a month or two ago.[/QUOTE]

still a good price, but i missed these when it was $10.

[quote name='foundation']Can anyone confirm that this is even a legit YMMV deal?[/quote]

Yes, please do because I'm too lazy fight my way through all of the RV's in the parking lot to check it out.

Well, right now it's one guy in California and no one else in the entire country confirming...so your odds of getting this aren't very good. If you happen to be in Wal-Mart already shopping for something else, it might be worth a price check.

They had these at a Walmart in Jacksonville, Florida for $35 about a month ago. That store has since sold out and the few others I've checked still have their Guitar Heroes in the game cases not in the clearance aisle, so I'm not sure if this was a one store thing or not.

WalMart doesn't sell the extra SG Guitars do they? If so, this could just be one of those confused for the bundle. Nevertheless, if anyone finds this, I'll pay a premium or give y'all something off my trade list on top of retail for two of them.

being i was the OP here i felt obligated to check, one of the walmart here in CT (06851) has a bunch of them but no sticker with the clearance. i may go to another one on my way home.

but i did see a bunch of pelican corded and 2.4ghz wireless xbox controllers (we're talking about a whole section... about 100-200 of them) for 12 each. its weird that both wired and wireless are the same.

I went to that Walmart in Torrance, CA and they had none. Some douchebag at SD bought all the ones they had left (4) just before I went there.

i went to my wal-mart in pa today.....its still $70.....

they said to check back next wednesday....who knows, maybe it will be cheaper then....

bread's done
Back