Bard's Tale (PC) $? - 9/9 - Today's Overstock.com Deal of the Day

DustBoogie

CAGiversary!
Feedback
135 (100%)
Overstock.com Deal of the Day page

Today's Deals:
Note: Prices in yellow have the potential to drop further during the day. No guarantees, though.

Bard's Tale - PC
Price: $?

[quote name='dbz4ever']$10 off $99 Coupon (Ends 09/15) 12% off any order Coupon (New Customers) (Ends 09/30) 10% off any order Coupon (Ends 09/30) $35 off $300 (Ends 09/30)[/QUOTE]

Every day, Overstock.com posts a deal in games, books, movies, and music. Some days, it's a small discount on unpopular items, but often, it's a great deal on a great game.

The deals are posted in the morning but the prices often are not updated until later in the afternoon. If a discount seems low, check back an hour or two later and it may have gone down more.

I will update the thread with the items that are on sale each day in the morning, and if/when the prices drop further, I will update again.

Old thread

Previous Deals of the Day
7/12 - Final Fantasy Origins - PS1 - $12
7/13 - Xenogears - PS1 - $12
7/14 - Crash Bandicoot - PS1 - $9
7/17 - FIFA World Cup 2006 - 360 - $40
7/18 - Arsenal Universal Controller Extension Cable - $5.99
7/19 - Atari Flashback 2.0 - $25
7/20 - The Rock - UMD - $12
7/21 - An American Tail: Fievel's Gold Rush - GBA - $10
7/25 - Arsenal Universal Controller Extension Cable - $5.99
7/26 - ??? started as Atari Flashback again, but I saw it changed to a game at like 11 PM
7/27 - Hip PS2 Controller - $5
7/28 - Chaos Legion - PS2 - $10
7/31 - Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon - PS2 - $5
8/1 - Tekken 5 - PS2 - $15
8/2 -
8/3 - Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas - PS2 - $12
8/4 - Fight Night Round 3 - PS2 - $34
8/7 - X-Men Legends II: Rise of Apocalypse - PS2 - $15
8/8 - Untold Legends: Brotherhood of the Blade - PSP - $12
8/9 - Namco Museum Battle Collection - PSP - $34
8/10 - Crash Tag Team Racing - PSP - $30
8/11 - FIFA Street 2 - PSP - $20
8/14 - Bust A Move Deluxe - PSP - $30
8/15 - Journey - Live in Houston 1981: Escape Tour - UMD - $12
8/21 - Baby Boy - UMD - $10
8/22 - Xevious - GBA - $5
8/23 - Dead to Rights - XBOX - $8
8/24 - Gun Griffon: Allied Strike - XBOX - $12
8/28 - Men of Valor - XBOX - $4
8/29 - Marvel Nemesis: Rise of the Imperfects - GCN - $10
8/30 - Mark Davis Pro Bass Challenge - GCN - $5
8/31 - FIFA Street 2 - GCN - $12
9/1 - WWE: Day of Reckoning 2 - GCN - $8
9/2 - Time Splitters: Future Perfect - GCN - $5
9/4 - Major League Baseball 2k6 - GCN - $30

[quote name='DustBoogie']Suggestions for this thread are welcome. Should I keep an in-post archive of each day's deals in all four items or just games, or just not bother with an archive at all?[/QUOTE]
I would suggest an archive of the game related items only, since that's really the focus here. Historical data is always good though.

The old coupons are coming up invalid for me. I have a 10% off coupon and I have FF Origins in my cart, $12.20 shipped, but I don't know if I should pull the trigger (I already have dawn of souls).

EDIT: Since Xenogears is the normal price right now, will it drop later in the day?

[quote name='TUBAPRO1']Any coupons that work with this or FF origins?

EDIT: Just to make sure, those coupons in the original thread are dead now, right?[/quote]

Aye, but I have to double check how I got 10% off when I bought TimeSplitters 3 a few days back..

[quote name='Zarkon']Note: Amazon has Xenosaga for $14.99, seems to be their normal price.[/QUOTE]

But we are talking about XenoGEARS. :)

They are the same games, but both different in some gameplay,content and minor stuff with graphics. Dawn is said to be much easier, but also has more content. Dawn has bonus dungeons and Dawn of Souls extra quest. Unless you are collecting, you could pass on Origins.

I doubt it, with such good reviews. SquareSoft games are usually pretty solid on holding value.

But I think I'll pass on this one, need to stop my impulsive purchasing habit, even if the game is awesome.

Yep, Xenogears is now $12 and Origins is back to $16.95.

Caliburn, I don't think these will drop anymore, this is the best price I've seen on Xenogears.

[quote name='dbz4ever']I doubt it, with such good reviews. SquareSoft games are usually pretty solid on holding value.
[/QUOTE]

In terms of value, Xenogears isn't worth that much. It was once rare (over $70 on ebay) but has been reprinted twice (the second reprint was the GH edition).

[quote name='dbz4ever']
But I think I'll pass on this one, need to stop my impulsive purchasing habit, even if the game is awesome.[/QUOTE]

This game is beyond awesome. It is one of the greatest RPG of all time.

[quote name='wbc1228']In terms of value, Xenogears isn't worth that much. It was once rare (over $70 on ebay) but has been reprinted twice (the second reprint was the GH edition).[/quote]
I don't mind them reprinting, better deals for me and bad luck for the people selling them.
I wish they reprint FF7 again, :bomb:

My craving for great RPG games overcame my attempt to stop from buying XenoGear >_

I had to make a new account to use the coupon.. is it once only per account? That kinda sucks.

I gotta say, though, Overstock is turning into my new favorite merchant. Lots of great deals on good games, and I've ordered from them twice now in a week (TimeSplitters and now Xenogears).

[quote name='DustBoogie']I had to make a new account to use the coupon.. is it once only per account? That kinda sucks.

I gotta say, though, Overstock is turning into my new favorite merchant. Lots of great deals on good games, and I've ordered from them twice now in a week (TimeSplitters and now Xenogears).[/quote]
Nope, I used the coupon before with same account.

That's true, Overstock is better than Amazon if you don't have enough to qualify free shipping.

[quote name='eau']I need to find myself a PS1 memory card in order to play Xenogears (game saves), right?[/QUOTE]

that is correct.

Grabbed one for $8.40 shipped, using the $5 coupon from the Neon Genesis Evangelion fiasco last summer. I finally found a use for that coupon.

This'll replace the empty space on my shelf where my non-GH once stood. Now I'm just waiting until episodes 3 & 4 (I can't recall if there will be a sixth?) are released, then my Xeno series will be complete.

[quote name='Caliburn']Grabbed one for $8.40 shipped, using the $5 coupon from the Neon Genesis Evangelion fiasco last summer. I finally found a use for that coupon.

This'll replace the empty space on my shelf where my non-GH once stood. Now I'm just waiting until episodes 3 & 4 (I can't recall if there will be a sixth?) are released, then my Xeno series will be complete.[/QUOTE]

lol I used that coupon recently too, to get some Dr Marten shoes that were already 75% even cheaper ;).

THANKS for the deal, this is a definetely must own game!

[quote name='wbc1228']that is correct.[/quote]

You can't play on PS2 and save with PS2 memory card???

[quote name='Caliburn']Grabbed one for $8.40 shipped, using the $5 coupon from the Neon Genesis Evangelion fiasco last summer. I finally found a use for that coupon.

This'll replace the empty space on my shelf where my non-GH once stood. Now I'm just waiting until episodes 3 & 4 (I can't recall if there will be a sixth?) are released, then my Xeno series will be complete.[/quote]

Were you mistaken by XenoSAGA? Xenogears never had a sequel....:roll:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xenogears

[quote name='dbz4ever']You can't play on PS2 and save with PS2 memory card???[/QUOTE]

you can play it on the PS2
BUT
you can't save a PS1 game using a PS2 memory card.
(Xenogears = PS1 game)

[quote name='dbz4ever']Were you mistaken by XenoSAGA? Xenogears never had a sequel....:roll:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xenogears[/QUOTE]

Xenosaga is an unofficial prequel to Xenogears.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xenosaga
"The Xenosaga series serves as a spiritual successor to the game Xenogears...........Outside of allusions, stylistic connections, and design similarities, there is no relationship between the two storylines. The creator of both Xenogears and Xenosaga is Tetsuya Takahashi, who left Squaresoft in 1998 along with Hirohide Sugiura. Using funds from Namco, they started Monolith Soft and the Xenosaga project."

[quote name='Caliburn']This'll replace the empty space on my shelf where my non-GH once stood. Now I'm just waiting until episodes 3 & 4 (I can't recall if there will be a sixth?) are released, then my Xeno series will be complete.[/quote]
There's only going to be a Xenosaga III released. The rest of the series got canned.

[quote name='wbc1228']you can play it on the PS2
BUT
you can't save a PS1 game using a PS2 memory card.
(Xenogears = PS1 game)[/quote]

DOH!! :bomb:

This'll replace the empty space on my shelf where my non-GH once stood. Now I'm just waiting until episodes 3 & 4 (I can't recall if there will be a sixth?) are released, then my Xeno series will be complete.[/QUOTE]

as of right now, episode 3 will officially conclude the Xeno series. (4,5,6 has been cancelled. Xenogears was suppose to be part 5. A remake of Xenogears would have been a blessing. Oh well........)

edit:
seems like EXStrike was one step a head of me.
:)

[quote name='EXStrike']There's only going to be a Xenosaga III released. The rest of the series got canned.[/quote]

Maybe Tetsuya Takahashi and Hirohide Sugiura will come up with another unofficial sequel to Xenogear series, called Xenosagear? =P

[quote name='wbc1228']as of right now, episode 3 will officially conclude the Xeno series. (4,5,6 has been cancelled. Xenogears was suppose to be part 5. A remake of Xenogears would have been a blessing. Oh well........)

[/quote]

I'm out of the loop for a little bit, and now the rest of the series is canned? Darnit. A remake of Xenogears would've been awesome. I'd've loved to see an expansion of Xenogear's disc 2.

[quote name='dbz4ever']Nope, I used the coupon before with same account.
[/quote]

I couldn't get it to work, trying it multiple times, even from different websites. I had used it once before.

[quote name='blandstalker']I couldn't get it to work, trying it multiple times, even from different websites. I had used it once before.[/quote]

hmm...I just use the link I provided earlier and search the game that way, I didn't have to enter any promo code at all....:roll:

[quote name='Caliburn']I'm out of the loop for a little bit, and now the rest of the series is canned? Darnit. A remake of Xenogears would've been awesome. I'd've loved to see an expansion of Xenogear's disc 2.[/quote]

Episode 4 5 and 6 were not really canned. They just compressed the original idea into 3 games. Episode 3 is the conclusion of the series. Expect a lot of content in episode 3.

sorry I meant shipping :) I got the 10% , ordered it... got some PSP headphones from logitech for $9 for the heck of it

[quote name='dbz4ever']use the 10% off link I gave out last time in FF8 sale, here it is again for convenience.

Good thru 7/31[/QUOTE]

How do you use the 10% off code? Also does anyone know of any games outside Xenogears that are worth picking up from overstock?

bread's done
Back