Dreamfall: The Longest Journey - Windows $19.99

[quote name='Vegan']Take note that the Limited Edition uses Starforce. Not sure which this is.[/QUOTE]

shit, that kills this deal for me. i would be all over it at that price

The Limited Edition is published by Funcom, who uses Starforce, but the version offered here is published by Aspyr Media, who does not use Starforce.

[quote name='grimp']The Limited Edition is published by Funcom, who uses Starforce, but the version offered here is published by Aspyr Media, who does not use Starforce.[/QUOTE]

Excellent.

[quote name='hollowfreak']and for the rest of us idiots ... what is starforce? and why is it bad?[/QUOTE]
fine i'll just talk to myself then ... it's copy protection that's malware ... oh my that's not good ... no it isn't for more info check here .... ok i will

[quote name='hollowfreak']fine i'll just talk to myself then ... it's copy protection that's malware ... oh my that's not good ... no it isn't for more info check here .... ok i will[/quote]

lol...you make less sense when you talk to yourself...but anyways, I've heard this debate on games that use starforce sometime in janurary....anyone wanna elaborate on why its so bad?

shit didnt even know it used starforce but i beat the game and uninstalled it but i took a look and sure enough it was there so i used the removal thing and got rid of it. Thanks hollow :)

But it was a good game though ^_^

One of the best games of the year if you've played the original Longest Journey. The Starforce Funcom uses is easy to remove and is not a pain in the ass like its predecessors.

[quote name='qtseng']The US version is NOT starforced.[/quote]Awesome.

Is this price also in-store? I know I can do store pickup, but I'm wondering if that's even necessary.

[quote name='Over easy']Hmm... I might just do instore pickup. Thanks OP!

Now, the question is, where do I find the first game...[/quote]I broke down and downloaded it. Then I found it a week or so later for $0.99 at EB.

[quote name='Z-Saber']But is this the Limited Edition or not?[/quote]

It's not the Limited Edition. Funcom handles all of the Limited Edition releases, so that's why the Limited Edition has Starforce regardless of area.

Argh, I bought this just over a month ago for $28 or so, and i haven't even played it yet. :(

The Limited Edition is only sold online on Funcom's site IIRC.

By the way, Glop's site is inaccurate. It doesn't list the regions the game uses Starforce in and many of the games on the list don't even use it.

:D

bread's done
Back