extra button kit for PSP 3.99 @playasia.com

Cool I need a new analog nub! The replacement I have now is too big.

I wouldnt risk opening my PSP for a new Dpad though especially if you need to mod the hole, and for what, like 4 fighting games half of which are streetfighter?

Anyone have any experiences with this product? I'm very intrigued in the possibility of get a larger nub and possibly changing out the D-Pad.

larger nubs can get in the way of the D-pad.

I got a three pack of analog sticks made by one of the many accessory companies and while it's easy to use it gets in the way a bit when you need to select options with the Dpad and also due to being raised up it can get hung on things like your headphones or a pocket (assuming you arnt using a logitech case or something, I don't but I'm also not sure if it'll even fit in one if you use the bigger nub.)

[quote name='phreak5k']Anyone have any experiences with this product? I'm very intrigued in the possibility of get a larger nub and possibly changing out the D-Pad.[/QUOTE]

While I'm still curious about the d-pad replacements, I can tell you one thing for sure: DO NOT use anything to replace the nub unless it's completely flush against the PSP's face. I used a replacement nub that was rasied off of the face of the PSP (sort of like an arcade stick) and the leverage caused the internal portion of the analog nub to fall apart--if I wouldn't have had a warranty with EB Games, I'd be out $200+. I've heard the same story from several other PSP owners, so consider this your warning.

I bought an extra D-Pad off ebay (Came with the D-Pad and 2 extra analog nubs). The D-Pad simply sticks onto the old one. Its AWESOME. Games that use it are way more responsive with it.

[quote name='AwRy108']While I'm still curious about the d-pad replacements, I can tell you one thing for sure: DO NOT use anything to replace the nub unless it's completely flush against the PSP's face. I used a replacement nub that was rasied off of the face of the PSP (sort of like an arcade stick) and the leverage caused the internal portion of the analog nub to fall apart--if I wouldn't have had a warranty with EB Games, I'd be out $200+. I've heard the same story from several other PSP owners, so consider this your warning.[/quote]

What do you mean by completely flush? I have a replacement and you're scaring me.

bread's done
Back