I want Good Eats DVDs

pop311

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
My Birthday is in 11 days and the only things that I want are Good Eats DVDs. So I go to Foodnetwork.com and see what they have. I find the DVDs, but there are 2 problems:
1) The DVD's are fuckING EXPENSIVE! A 27 pack is $250 (w/ $20ish S&H)
2) They don't ship until 8/14/06.

So, CAGs, can you please help me out? Do any of you have Good Eats DVDs you wish to sell...(for a reasonable price)?
Thanks.:)

They're exclusive to Target in stores I believe, and are like $18-$20 per 3 discs, which have 3 "extended" episodes on them. So you'll save at least 1/3 the cost per set.

[quote name='spooie_redux']They're exclusive to Target in stores I believe, and are like $18-$20 per 3 discs, which have 3 "extended" episodes on them. So you'll save at least 1/3 the cost per set.[/quote]
Thank you

Even better is when the Food Network DVDs go on sale at Target. I believe I was in my local one once when most of them (save for Good Eats, not surprisingly) going for $9.99 for three discs. Not bad, really.

[quote name='David85']Yeah the Food Network DVD prices are insane.[/QUOTE]

Go to any Tv channel website and they prices are insane. All Discovery channel shows are $20+ shipping for one episode. I posted a while back about the good eats dvds at target for $20 like someone said in this thread already.

Yup, ive wanted to pick up this shows DVD as well.

But, man are they pricey.....even the Target prices.....I mean I would pay that price for a movie but then for a TV show thats still on cable....

Best show on Food by far, and one of my favorites, period. Does anyone else want to slap Giadda? And that woman on Semi-Ho-made. What a lush.

lol

I think I like the show not just cause I like to cook, but cause its entertaining and its science!

But the science stuff is just me...

I love the show. I saw the sets at Target yesterday. They had three sets with 3 discs each. Each disc had 3 episodes on it. So that's 9 episodes per set, and I believe they were $19.99 each. I'll buy them eventually.

[quote name='Graystone']Go to any Tv channel website and they prices are insane. All Discovery channel shows are $20+ shipping for one episode. I posted a while back about the good eats dvds at target for $20 like someone said in this thread already.[/QUOTE]

You think that's bad? I was trying to find Bill Nye the Science Guy on DVD once, and I did... It's available through Disney's "Let's rape our national school's budgets" website. The DVD's are $50 each, and have one episode per disc, OR you can just order the complete collection of 100 discs for the low low price of $3,249. What a bargain! fuck you, Disney.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']Best show on Food by far, and one of my favorites, period. Does anyone else want to slap Giadda? And that woman on Semi-Ho-made. What a lush.[/QUOTE]

Giadda has an enormous head. Semi Homemade lady is like Martha Stewart with half the talent and twice the issues. Paula Deen puts butter in coffee. And Rachel Ray has some sort of mild retardation.

Alton Brown lives in Alpharetta (a suburb north of Atlanta). So every time he goes somewhere on the show, I've been there. Even saw him at a bookstore once. He filmed his casserole show at this little chapel in Norcross that I used to drive by every day on my way to work.

[quote name='Tybee']Giadda has an enormous head. Semi Homemade lady is like Martha Stewart with half the talent and twice the issues. Paula Deen puts butter in coffee. And Rachel Ray has some sort of mild retardation.

Alton Brown lives in Alpharetta (a suburb north of Atlanta). So every time he goes somewhere on the show, I've been there. Even saw him at a bookstore once. He filmed his casserole show at this little chapel in Norcross that I used to drive by every day on my way to work.[/quote]I think he lives in Marietta (I live in Alpharetta). I remember one episode showed his house and captioned it as Marietta. Though he goes to stores all around north Georgia, and I've seen a few episodes with him at the grocery stores I go to in Alpharetta. Maybe I'll see him sometime.

As for the other hosts, I think Rachel Ray is entertaining but seems to have a bad case of ADHD. If I was ever with her in real life for 10 minutes I'd probably want to punch her in the face. The Semi-Homemade lady seems really creepy, like she practices witchcraft. Paula Deen annoys me. Giadda is something to look at and her food looks good, though I hate the way she over-pronounces almost every word she says. I do like Tyler Florence, Bobby Flay, and Mario Batali, though. But no one will top Alton.

[quote name='yellowjacket621']I think he lives in Marietta (I live in Alpharetta). I remember one episode showed his house and captioned it as Marietta. Though he goes to stores all around north Georgia, and I've seen a few episodes with him at the grocery stores I go to in Alpharetta. Maybe I'll see him sometime.[/quote]

That's possible. I heard he went through a messy divorce a couple years ago, so maybe he lives in a different house now. ;)

As for the other hosts, I think Rachel Ray is entertaining but seems to have a bad case of ADHD. If I was ever with her in real life for 10 minutes I'd probably want to punch her in the face.

Once...JUST ONCE, I'd like her to put something in her mouth and say, "Jesus CHRIST. That tastes like dog shit!" I'd even accept "Hmmm...That's interesting." But no.

So we're watching "$40 A Day." In this episode Ms. Ray goes to Dallas. Now, from the beginning of the show she makes a big fuss about how it's very important to do research when you get to a city to make sure you hit the best local places. She even demonstrated that the first thing she does when she gets to her hotel room is go online to compile a quirky list of places to eat. Then she says, "When I'm in a town, I like to eat at one place that's a little bit out of the ordinary. In Dallas you think about BBQ and Tex Mex. So I decided to try something French!"

And then she eats at La Madeleine. I shit you not.

She even has the audacity, as she's finishing her meal there, to say "You know, the only way you can find the best places is by talking to the locals!"

Then again, there's this: http://www.torontopics.com/digital/ray.html

The Semi-Homemade lady seems really creepy, like she practices witchcraft.

She's not a witch. She's a Republican with an inferiority complex and a drinking problem.

Paula Deen annoys me. Giadda is something to look at and her food looks good, though I hate the way she over-pronounces almost every word she says. I do like Tyler Florence, Bobby Flay, and Mario Batali, though. But no one will top Alton.

Giadda is such a cock tease. Half of her show is dedicated to gauzy, softly-lit shots of her ample breasts about to tumble out of her distractingly low-cut blouse and onto the cutting board.

Bobby Flay reminds me of that asshole in high school who was constantly trying to pick a fight and wound up getting his ass kicked every time.

I want to see $40 a Day come to north Georgia. Based on that story she'd probably "ask the locals" and go to Applebee's and the Olive Garden. Though I wouldn't mind if she participated in more FHM photo shoots. [quote name='Tybee'] She's not a witch. She's a Republican with an inferiority complex and a drinking problem.[/quote] That makes sense. She seems like a drunkard housewife who hits on her teeange son's friends. I've only actually watched her show a few times, and I always want to smash a few of the wine bottles she has all over her house on her head. [quote name='Tybee']Bobby Flay reminds me of that asshole in high school who was constantly trying to pick a fight and wound up getting his ass kicked every time.[/quote] He does seem like a douche, but I don't really mind him.

I like George Duran from Ham on the Street. Something about that Ina Garten lady (probably her weird-ass name) is off-putting.

As for the non-chef hosts, I like Marc Summers (and really like Unwrapped), though most of my like probably stems from Double Dare. Jim O'Connor from The Secret Life of... seems like a huge obnoxious prick. The show is entertaining, but he is annoying as hell.

No other food network show can beat the original iron chef!

That was my favorite show and now they dont play it anymore :(

HOTS is a good show as well..hopefully theyll make more.

[quote name='Tybee']

So we're watching "$40 A Day." In this episode Ms. Ray goes to Dallas. Now, from the beginning of the show she makes a big fuss about how it's very important to do research when you get to a city to make sure you hit the best local places. She even demonstrated that the first thing she does when she gets to her hotel room is go online to compile a quirky list of places to eat. Then she says, "When I'm in a town, I like to eat at one place that's a little bit out of the ordinary. In Dallas you think about BBQ and Tex Mex. So I decided to try something French!"

And then she eats at La Madeleine. I shit you not.

She even has the audacity, as she's finishing her meal there, to say "You know, the only way you can find the best places is by talking to the locals!"
[/QUOTE]

I saw the beginning of that episode when she goes to La Madeleine. She's such a moron.

Damn... the harshness... I like looking at Giada... big head?... people are so over critical these days... and I think the Semi Home Made lady may be boring as hell (my wife watched FN all the time) but she has a nice rack... RR is annoying to watch, but I liked those pics of her in FHM a couple years back :)

I really, honestly, with all my heart and no bullshit wonder how the fuck that guy on "The secret life of ..." has a show on FoodTV and I don't. Me on TV would kick more ass than an asskicking machine.

Oh, and the sweet revenge the world got on Bobby Flay is when they filmed the first of the Iron Chef America's a year or so ago he had a BLAZING herpe sore on the corner of his mouth that even with all the makeup in the world on it, it remained in sight, giving all the Bobby haters a big thumbs up from it's pus filled make-up covered scab.

[quote name='Tybee']She's not a witch. She's a Republican with an inferiority complex and a drinking problem.[/QUOTE]
Y'know, it's funny you say that because the first time I saw her show, I thought to myself, "why the fuck does Ann Coulter have a cooking show?"

[quote name='dafunkk12']Y'know, it's funny you say that because the first time I saw her show, I thought to myself, "why the fuck does Ann Coulter have a cooking show?"[/QUOTE]

lol...Did she crib half the recipes out of someone else's book? ;)

Tyler Florence's show is hilarious to watch because it's so obvious that all the women he assists want to fuck THE UNHOLY SHIT OUT OF HIM. Every show is just another housewife staring adoringly up at him. You know if the camera wasn't there the first words out of her mouth would be, "Ummmm, my husband's not due home for about three hours..."

He seems like a nice guy and a very competent cook, but it's clear most of his success is attributable to his good looks. My editor at my last job was in love with him. She said "He always looks like he just stepped out of the shower." Then she'd go masturbate. It was a weird place to work.

My favorite is that Bobby Flay have about 10 different shows and none of them have more than like 10 episodes. He has like three shows of him grilling in the city and each one of those shows must have about 5 episodes. He has a new show coming out and what a shock it's a grilling show! Try something new you fucker!!!!

[quote name='Tybee'] Then she'd go masturbate. It was a weird place to work.[/quote]

:whistle2:#

:lol:

Bwahahah!!

Funny stuff!

bread's done
Back