Driving Force Pro Wheel by Logitech (Playstation 2) $69.98

Great wheel for a great price. I paid pretty much full msrp for it when it was released and have found it to be worth every penny. Just make sure that you hav e something solid and stable to mount it onto when using it. The force-feedback is pretty strong. Probably strong enough to jar it loose depending on how hard you want to fight it.

[quote name='SniperREX']It's on clearance at TRU for $49 http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99382

Mine is in mint condition. I bough it on sale ($80 after MIR I guess) for GT4, but I played it for just a couple of hours. IMHO not enough innovation from the previous chapters. I loved only the first GT :drool:. That was a revolution in racing games :applause:.[/quote]

I know the wheel for GT3 is $49, but I don't know about the newer one being that price at TRU. This wheel is $79.99 at EB/GS, and the older one is only $29.99.

[quote name='toldawg128']I know the wheel for GT3 is $49, but I don't know about the newer one being that price at TRU. This wheel is $79.99 at EB/GS, and the older one is only $29.99.[/quote]

It says Driving Force PRO, so it should be the last one. Someone should check that.

BTW the wheel is very good. I wish it was compatible with Xbox 360 :bomb:. I played a lot of PGR3 :).

[quote name='the ender']Is it just me, or is $70 a helluva lot to give for a fucking racing wheel?[/QUOTE]

It's just you. No other wheel on the market comes close to this one. You'd have to like racing games though for it to be worth buying obviously.

[quote name='fwacce']It's just you. No other wheel on the market comes close to this one. You'd have to like racing games though for it to be worth buying obviously.[/quote]

Fair enough. I'm not a big racing fan.

[quote name='phreak5k']I just wish logitech would get their act together and make a great wheel that works on ps2, xbox, 360, and pc.[/QUOTE]

The Driving Force Pro is USB so it works on the PS2 and PC. I guess it's just a matter of making some sort of hack to get it to work on the 360.

It's a matter of a driver to get it working on other systems. But since it's pretty hard to install drivers on the Xbox or Xbox 360... ;)

That said, I have tried plugging my driving force pro into my xbox & 360... just in case. No dice. :p

Totally worth the money IMHO. Most degrees of steering over any other wheel, pedels, and very durable. Only one that will be more interesting is the new logitech with the stick shifter, but that one is about $300 new. :p

I got this wheel for $85 (with shipping - $72 without) - I don't have a PS2, but I use it for the PC. Well, I haven't really used it. It's just sitting there now. The vibration is really amazing (I guess that's why they have the picture of CHILDREN DO NOT TOUCH warning sticker on it). The shift stick, however, was disappointing; it's small and plastic and you hear the cheap clicking sound when you move it up or down. It would have been nice if it were wireless too; too many cords. I'd say it's worth around $70 - but I definitely don't think it's worth the MSRP. And of course, you're going to need a lot of support to mount the wheel or it'll move around a lot.

You gotta get a stand to put it on, which at the end cost you even more. You can find stand in ebay for like 80 freakin bucks...

Totally worth it. Also on clearance at Rhino for $75. But you're right, the proper setup is key for this wheel. Almost need to manufacture something for it to sit on, or use the kitchen table.

I hadn't played GT4 in over a year, but the wheel makes it SOOOOO nice.

I love my Alcantra Playseat. Picked up mine at gogamer.com. It was on sale a while back, I think $250. But like the DFP its worth every penny. I haven't set foot into an aracde to play racing games since I got it.

playseat.JPG

[quote name='PikaPichu']I bought one of these to go with my DFP and it compliments it perfectly. I can't wait to play NFS Carbon with it on my PC!

http://www.playseats.com/[/quote]

I was tempted. I tried it once in my local Fry. It was clearly been abused, so I don't know about it's sturdiness. It's a lot of money you know ;) .

Anyway if these Playseats and other driving seats are gonna be compatible with the new wheels from MS and Logitech I might be tempted :drool:.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']OK, I need something that could fold up and go behind the couch or the like.[/QUOTE]

The chair folds in half and the rest of it comes part. You should see the size of the box it orginally came in, I thought it was only the metal parts and the chair came in another box.

[quote name='SniperREX']Anyway if these Playseats and other driving seats are gonna be compatible with the new wheels from MS and Logitech I might be tempted :drool:.[/QUOTE]

I think most wheels work with it.

[quote name='SniperREX']I was tempted. I tried it once in my local Fry. It was clearly been abused, so I don't know about it's sturdiness. It's a lot of money you know ;) .

Anyway if these Playseats and other driving seats are gonna be compatible with the new wheels from MS and Logitech I might be tempted :drool:.[/QUOTE]

Fancy you should mention that. I bought mine from Fry's. They used to carry a lot of them, but they don't seem to anymore. The chair is pretty sturdy and so is the part that the wheel clamps on to. It wobbles a bit when the force feedback kicks in, but it's normal considering how the thing is manufactured.

bread's done
Back