What fighting game gets most play in your home?

kristianator

CAGiversary!
fighting games are probably my favorite genre, and i own a crapload of 'em. out of all of them, i'd probably say that these get the most play...

1. sf2 turbo - snes
2. sf3 third strike - dc
3. sf alpha 3 - dc

i play a lot of mvc2 in the arcade, but it just isn't as fun at home. even at full difficulty, it still feels a bit too easy. i own a lot of 3d fighters, but i must say, i haven't been into those since virtua fighter 2 and tekken 2.

what fighting games get the most play in your home? any strictly 2d fighting game fans around here?

Super Smash Bros. Melee.

There were a lot before - there is only one now.

The more I become involved with this game and this community, the more I cannot understand the desire to play a broken or unabalanced fighter of any other nature.

I really don't like fighting games for some reason, I used to, but not really on any of the next-gen systems. The only fighting game that I like is Super Smash Bros. Melee.

Used to be a big fighting game fan. Tekken Tag and VF4: Evolution gets the most play but I've been playing them much less lately in favor of strategy and strategy RPG's.

[quote name='dopa345']Used to be a big fighting game fan. Tekken Tag and VF4: Evolution gets the most play but I've been playing them much less lately in favor of strategy and strategy RPG's.[/quote]

I went the same way.. I just don't get into fighters these days. I'd rather spend my time with a good RPG or tactical RPG, thinking instead of button mashing. Although I did spend time with SSBM, MK:DA and SCII for a while this gen.

Currently:

1. Capcom Vs. SNK 2 EO -gcn
2. Capcom VS. SNK -dc
3. Street Fighter EX 3 - ps2
4. Soul Calibur II -gcn
5. Marvel vs. Capcom 2 -ps2
6. Super Smash Bros. Melee -gcn

Guess i'm im your 2-d fighting fan category, the only 3-d fighting game that can hold my interest is Soul Cali II

-edit: Forgot the EO in Capcom vs. SNK 2 EO :p, makes all the difference...

SSBM, no contest. I'm a great SFII player but there is nobody really who can challenge, except for the odd visitor who has some skills, who I then humble into submission :wink:

I would have to agree with most everyone here SSBM is the best though I am spending some time on SCII (I was a big Souledge fan on the PS).

Soul Calibur 2.

if anyone remebers that custom SC2 universial controler for about 40 bucks, i got one of those free from Fry's, same controller, only for xbox, no cool art work on it.

[quote name='DMFunk']Currently:

1. Capcom Vs. SNK 2 EO -gcn
2. Capcom VS. SNK -dc
3. Street Fighter EX 3 - ps2
4. Soul Calibur II -gcn
5. Marvel vs. Capcom 2 -ps2
6. Super Smash Bros. Melee -gcn

Guess i'm im your 2-d fighting fan category, the only 3-d fighting game that can hold my interest is Soul Cali II

-edit: Forgot the EO in Capcom vs. SNK 2 EO :p, makes all the difference...[/quote]
How does EO make all the difference? I've been meaning to buy Capcom vs. SNK 2 sometime, but if EO's a lot better, maybe I should get that. The only new feature I know of is programmed moves or something, which I don't like.

was playing a lot of VF4:EVO until I got jacked.

Now it has been, Fatal Fury:MOW, CAPCOM vs SNK(arcade, DC, and NGPC versions), Guilty Gear XX, and Smackdown:HCTP

used to be ssbm and mvc2 untill someone stole them, now its mainly soul calibur 2, but i got guilty gear x2 yesterday and im liking this one alot.

Phew, I was worried I was the only person into VF4:EVO. Playing that with another person is like a delicate tug of war ballet.

Before that I was all about the Dead Or Alive series. Damn the X-box. Damn them to hell. I put at least 200 hours on Dead or Alive I, and I can't even fathom how much I put into various incarnations of 2.

Garou: Mark of the Wolves-Neo*Geo
King of Fighters 98-2002-NEO*GEO
Street Fighter Alpha 3-CPS2
Capcom VS SNK 2EO-GC/XBX/CPS3

I canont stand fighters like Soul Calibur...2 button jokes.

[quote name='Miranda']Naruto 2
SSBM[/quote]

Is Naruto fun?

For me, SSBM is played the most followed by MvsC2 (DC), Street Fighter Alpha 3, and sometimes Soul Calibur 2.

I'm not a big fighting game player so I'd have to say we tend to play Soul Calibur on the Dreamcast the most, followed by Street Fighter II' on the Turbografx-16.

[quote name='yellowaznboy'][quote name='xspeedracerx']SSBM is more of a party game than a fighter.[/quote]

You are wrong.[/quote]
I agree. Naruto is more of a party game than a fighter though. It's a very fun game, but there's hardly any depth to it. It's also very unbalanced. Basically, if you like Naruto, you'll probably like the game. If not, you won't.

At the beginning of the PS2 I was heavily addicted to Tekken Tag Tournament and still play it often, but not nearly as often as I had.
I also used to play a ton of SSBM, but after I did the game with every character on every mode and nearly everyone on the hardest difficulty, and beating the event matches I had to put it down since I wore it out and got bored of it. I still play it often though with my friends, because it's a great 4-player game.

Nowadays I'm more into Soul Calibur II for GC and since I picked it up from the CC sale Bloody Roar 4 which in my opinion is a highyly undrerrated fighter. I have never let up though on Virtua Fighter 4, the original.

[quote name='xspeedracerx']SSBM is more of a party game than a fighter.[/quote]

Humorous. Like everyone else who has denounced you, I agree, you're wrong.

However, SSBM can double as both a serious fighter and a party game. It's part of that whole flexibility, balance, and stability that the game provides which a lot of others simply don't.

bread's done
Back