Two Good Articles on Game Shopping in Japan

thanks for the articles, but i think that guy needs a little help shopping. ico for 5000 yen? that's insane!
do we here at cheapass gamer really concern ourselves with original print runs? i have an original print run US edition of ico, and i threw the box and manual in th garbage before coming to japan. i'd love to keep those things, but when a game collection reaches such numbers, you need a separate apartment to store them. the games are what are important.

the 9 i recognized, but i didn't know there was a book off. i'll have to look up for once, so i can find it. in tokyo, if you look directly ahead, you miss 80% of the city. still a lesson i've yet to really learn.

the one point i do agree with is that when you see a deal, grab it. a lot of people pass through places like akihabara and someone will take it. that someone might as well be you. once, i found a beautiful laptop with Pentium M 1.7, Geforce Go 6600, 1680x1050, english keyboard and OS for about 10 man. i told all my friends who were interested in computers (i had just bought a new laptop for myself). i told them they needed to buy it immediately. by the time, one of them finally decided to go check it out, the next weekend, it was gone.

Thanks for the links - although I am more interested in where to pick up used games rather than new. Especially considering just how freakishly expensive new games are in Japan.

bread's done
Back