You Might Get Shot in Berkeley!

[quote name='XboxHardcore.com']Do paintballs hurt?[/QUOTE]

Yes and they bruise. If they hit your eyes, it can cause lost of sight, which is why people wear goggles while playing paintballs.

Good thing I'm not in Berkeley now... but then again, I'm in risk of being shot by real bullets in LA :(

[quote name='XboxHardcore.com']Do paintballs hurt?[/QUOTE]

I got hit by a paintball years ago and it left a big red welt on my back. Hurt like hell.

i was held up at gunpoint outside of iceland in berkeley(the ice skating rink) This was 15 years ago, i dont think iceland is even around anymore.

all they got was what i had on me, a few dollars

I'm gonna hunt the person down if they paintball my car and it leaves a dent.

I've been held up in Oakland before...but that's Oakland. I didn't have any money on me so they let me go, haha.

[quote name='vietgurl']I'm gonna hunt the person down if they paintball my car and it leaves a dent.

I've been held up in Oakland before...but that's Oakland. I didn't have any money on me so they let me go, haha.[/QUOTE]

Lucky you. You not having money could have pissed them off... who knows what could have happened.

Um... duh. My dad taught there for a year at the state school when I was a kid and it was dangerous then- and that was when dinosaurs roamed the earth and people could only dream of the invention of "Nintendo"

[quote name='XboxHardcore.com']Lucky you. You not having money could have pissed them off... who knows what could have happened.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that was back when I worked at EB and had to stand at the bus stop by myself at night. We had inventory that night so I wasn't allowed to leave until a little after 11.

On the plus side, I scare Oakland Tech and Berkeley High kids!

Seriously though, if someone paintballed me while I was walking and I saw who it was, I'd probably lose it and start running after the car screaming like a madwoman :lol:

[quote name='vietgurl']Yeah, that was back when I worked at EB and had to stand at the bus stop by myself at night. We had inventory that night so I wasn't allowed to leave until a little after 11.

Seriously though, if someone paintballed me while I was walking and I saw who it was, I'd probably lose it and start running after the car screaming like a madwoman :lol:[/QUOTE]

Man, a girl standing at a bus stop alone at 11pm is NEVER a good idea regardless of where you live. Even I'd be pretty freaked to be standing at a bus stop that late... Hah.

Crime is up in Oakland and it feels like its spilling over in Berkeley. I made it a point to leave certain store credit cards at home (Best buy card, JC Penny cards, etc.). I dont use those too often and it means that I will have to make less phone calls if I do indeed get mugged.

[quote name='vietgurl']Yeah, that was back when I worked at EB and had to stand at the bus stop by myself at night. We had inventory that night so I wasn't allowed to leave until a little after 11.

Seriously though, if someone paintballed me while I was walking and I saw who it was, I'd probably lose it and start running after the car screaming like a madwoman :lol:[/quote]

you are one brave gal. i had to take the bus before i bought my 1st car (back in 2000) and i did not dare to wait at a bus stop in oakland. i've only taken the bus twice after 11pm and the wait were at bart stations and even there i didn't feel safe. if you didn't have a car and work that late, i'd suggest you get a ride from one of your friends because oakland is really dangerous.

While I don't live in Oakland (San Diego is much nicer :D ), I have had my car hit with a paintball while I was driving. Didn't realize what it was til I got home though. They hit my side fender and all it sounded like was a loud pop (almost like if you blew a tire out). Scared me, but that was it. When I got home I checked the side of my car/tire to see what happened and that's when I realized I had been hit by a blue paintball. No dents or anything and it washes off easily with water. So all in all, not that horrible of an experience if your car gets hit with a paintball. However, getting hit in the body with a paintball is another story. Hurts like hell (especially when it's in the freakin forehead!).

These guys will probably keep it up until they get caught- when that happens, it's not going to be a pretty picture for their prosecution, :).

[quote name='norkusa']Serves them right, damn hippies.[/QUOTE]

Hey, I grew up in Berkeley and would move back there in a second if I could afford it :D.

There's much fewer "hippies" (however you define that) than you might imagine from the mass media stereotype :roll:. Get out a bit and learn stuff.

One of the biggest dangers when I was there was the drunken frat boys (and I know 'cause I was one for a short while). And most of those jackasses were from SoCal and hated Berkeley - thus they vandalized stuff and caused trouble.

[quote name='dude2003']you are one brave gal. i had to take the bus before i bought my 1st car (back in 2000) and i did not dare to wait at a bus stop in oakland. i've only taken the bus twice after 11pm and the wait were at bart stations and even there i didn't feel safe. if you didn't have a car and work that late, i'd suggest you get a ride from one of your friends because oakland is really dangerous.[/QUOTE]

yeah, this is why i got a new job and then i got a car :lol:

Berkeley doesn't have that many hippies but it is still quite a unique city. I had a culture shock when I moved here from San Diego. I'm not surprised that there are some dumb kids going around paintballing everyone but it's annoying as hell. I'm trying to avoid Shattuck and University now but it's kinda hard to do since I live right by those two streets.

[quote name='vietgurl']yeah, this is why i got a new job and then i got a car :lol:

Berkeley doesn't have that many hippies but it is still quite a unique city. I had a culture shock when I moved here from San Diego. I'm not surprised that there are some dumb kids going around paintballing everyone but it's annoying as hell. I'm trying to avoid Shattuck and University now but it's kinda hard to do since I live right by those two streets.[/QUOTE]

Well, I went to high school in Oakland (didn't go to Berkeley High but knew many people that did). It is just like any other place in terms of having stupid teenagers doing stupid things :D.

Seriously though, if someone paintballed me while I was walking and I saw who it was, I'd probably lose it and start running after the car screaming like a madwoman :lol:[/QUOTE]
Who could imagine a crazy vietnamese lady chasing them screaming stuff they can't understand? ;)

Oh ya and if you freeze a paintball, chances are it wont come out of the barrel. They have to squeeze just a little bit.

bread's done
Back