Price Drop - Spiderman and Spiderman 2 for Xbox now $9.99 (???)

quercus

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
So I'm reading the September issue of Official Xbox Magazine. And there on page 89 is a full page ad for Xbox Best of Platinum Hits. I glance at the 5 games pictured and do a double-take. There between PGR2 and Tony Hawk Pro Skater 4 is Spiderman 2. Wha?

It's also up on Xbox's website - http://www.xbox.com/en-US/platinumhits/bestof.htm but it doesn't look like any of the retailers have gotten the memo.

Is this new? Has anyone seen it in the wild?

I think there's more than just the Spider-mans that have been added to the best of platinum hits line. In fact I'm positve that Shrek and Soul Calibur 2 never used to be best of.

I remember seeing Spider-Man 2 at Walmart for 9.99 MONTHS ago, actually. I wasn't sure if they ever rose the price back or not though. But all the "Best of" ones are supposed to be $9.99. I believe that was the point of them being "Best of" games.

Nobody is debating whether or not Best Of games are sold for $9.99.

And hey, if the game is listed in Best Of sections in OXM and on the xbox website, then that is basically proof the game is a Best Of game. Now, the question is whether or not anyone has seen a Best Of Spider-Man 2 game box. I personally haven't, but I've seen plenty of Platinum Hits boxes. Does this mean that the former versions of Spider-Man 2 are ALSO sold for $9.99, or do they liquidate that stock of games at the price they orginally were sold at and replace them with Best Of versions when they get them in?

The 2 Spidermans are new to the "Best of Platinum Hits", this is the original list:

Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind (Bethesda Softworks)
Enter the Matrix (Atari)
Fuzion Frenzy (Microsoft Game Studios)
Project Gotham Racing 2 (Microsoft Game Studios)
Shrek 2 (Activision)
Soul Calibur II (Namco)
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon (Ubisoft)
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Island Thunder (Ubisoft)
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six 3(Ubisoft)
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow (Ubisoft)
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell (Ubisoft)
Tony Hawk's Underground (Activision)
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4 (Activision)
True Crimes: Streets of LA (Activision)
MechAssault (Microsoft Game Studios)
Counterstrike (Microsoft Game Studios)

[quote name='supershammy']Nobody is debating whether or not Best Of games are sold for $9.99.

And hey, if the game is listed in Best Of sections in OXM and on the xbox website, then that is basically proof the game is a Best Of game. Now, the question is whether or not anyone has seen a Best Of Spider-Man 2 game box. I personally haven't, but I've seen plenty of Platinum Hits boxes. Does this mean that the former versions of Spider-Man 2 are ALSO sold for $9.99, or do they liquidate that stock of games at the price they orginally were sold at and replace them with Best Of versions when they get them in?[/quote]

Exactly. And I don't see how they can sell the game at one price with one package and another price with a different package when it's the same game. But I haven't seen it on any site at $9.99 yet.

[quote name='mtxbass1']All "best of" platinum hits have been $9.99 for months...[/QUOTE]No, they've been $9.99 since the line was made. And he was talking about Spiderman/Spiderman 2 being added to the list and not the price anyway.

[quote name='Quintox']I have seen a lot of games that are suppose to be $9.99 but are showing $19.99 in many stores (CS, Spiderman 2, PGR2..)[/QUOTE]

Stay away from those stores then. $9.99 is the Manufacturers SUGGESTED Retail Price, not the price they have to charge.

I think we can safely lock this up...I bought Spiderman 2 (new packaging @ Circuit City) about a month ago for 10 bucs...yippee!, let's move on.

The true question is where are the real best of the xbox games? I want my Azurik, Nightcaster, and Bloodwake!

Edit: I almost forgot Sneakers.

bread's done
Back